Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hmm, not a bad conclusion. Entertaining story imo.

Interesting thing to note is the story also brought up Blue Snowman being non-binary again, so looks that's something DC has interest in sticking with beyond the Valentine's Day Special.

I really liked it. Part of me wants to complain about Queen Bee not being Hypnota or any of Diana's other mind-controlling rogues, but I can forgive it for using the other four. Blue Snowman got the best showing (although Diana's "I never think of you"... harsh, gal. I love it.), but Giganta got the worst in my opinion. DC has to up their Giganta game because she's in dire need of good showings.

Incredible Member

I liked that this was a fun and aciton-packed story. I thought all the villains got good showings, and I loved Dr. Poison somehow boosting Queen Bee's power levels - similar to Dr. Poison in Bloodlines for the villains there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I really liked it. Part of me wants to complain about Queen Bee not being Hypnota or any of Diana's other mind-controlling rogues, but I can forgive it for using the other four. Blue Snowman got the best showing (although Diana's "I never think of you"... harsh, gal. I love it.), but Giganta got the worst in my opinion. DC has to up their Giganta game because she's in dire need of good showings.
    I felt the same way about Queen Bee and Hpnota, but similar to you, I'm okay with it since we still got four classic Wonder villains. Also, since Hypnota was in Future State: Suicide Squad, I'm hoping they still have plans for her there.

May I ask why you were disappointed with Giganta's showing? I thought she did better than she usually does against Wonder Woman. She wasn't one-punch KO'd, at one point she was able to use her size and strength to get the better of Wonder Woman, and the only reason Wonder Woman prevailed was that she was able to take her environment into account in a way Giganta could not. This makes sense since Diana spent thousands of years there versus Giganta's a couple of days at most. What did you find disappointing?

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    May I ask why you were disappointed with Giganta's showing? I thought she did better than she usually does against Wonder Woman. She wasn't one-punch KO'd, at one point she was able to use her size and strength to get the better of Wonder Woman, and the only reason Wonder Woman prevailed was that she was able to take her environment into account in a way Giganta could not. This makes sense since Diana spent thousands of years there versus Giganta's a couple of days at most. What did you find disappointing?
    I didn't find it that bad, and you're right that it's certainly better than being one-punch KO'd like she usually is. But I dunno, I'm just tired of Giganta not really living up to her potential since she's arguably the second most recognizable WW rogue. I'm torn on the megalodon attack... in one sense, it's pretty smart of Diana. On the other hand, I'm of the mind that Giganta should have a degree of invulnerability that would protect her from that sort of thing. Giganta should be one of the strongest and most durable villains in the DC Universe. Because she certainly doesn't have a compelling motivation or rivalry with Diana beyond that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I didn't find it that bad, and you're right that it's certainly better than being one-punch KO'd like she usually is. But I dunno, I'm just tired of Giganta not really living up to her potential since she's arguably the second most recognizable WW rogue. I'm torn on the megalodon attack... in one sense, it's pretty smart of Diana. On the other hand, I'm of the mind that Giganta should have a degree of invulnerability that would protect her from that sort of thing. Giganta should be one of the strongest and most durable villains in the DC Universe. Because she certainly doesn't have a compelling motivation or rivalry with Diana beyond that.
    Thank you. I definitely agree with you. I think Giganta should be used more as Wonder Woman's Juggernaut or Bane. As for her motivation, I've never read a story where she was the main villain - she's always the muscle. I wonder if Sensational Wonder Woman will give her a chance to shine and show the Dr. Doris Zuel portion of her name.

Diana finally did the bracelet slam in a comic.

At least with Giganta it was megalodons, so it wasn't like an ordinary shark. Plus they were chewing pretty hard and never broke her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

At least with Giganta it was megalodons, so it wasn't like an ordinary shark. Plus they were chewing pretty hard and never broke her skin.
    Noticed that too. I know she's slammed them together before pre-movie but I think this is the first time it has the energy blast part.

This was a pretty good issue today imo.

For those wondering about the name change in The Mask from Nina Close to Natalia Close, Nina is her actual birth name she changed it to Natalia when she married an American CEO.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-31-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Yeah I liked it too. Not much Diana but Natalia's mental break makes sense and is interesting.

Incredible Member

Agreed with both of you, and I like that they made the Close Organization a maker of pesticides as that will go nicely with Nina's villainous persona. Looking forward to the next issue.

I loved the story.

It was a fantastic exploration (and modernization) into one of Diana's classic, underutilized rogues. Exactly the kind of story I was hoping to see in this anthology.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Still. That was the only part of the issue i did not like. If she is strong enough to hold WW down. Then she should have no problem with megalodons. A hero is as good as their villains. And i highly doubt WW's strength is supposed to be on a level where she can't overpower megalodons.

Anyone else get Pedro Pascal's Max Lord vibes off of Close's husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Anyone else get Pedro Pascal's Max Lord vibes off of Close's husband?
    Not really. Pedro's Max Lord was more charming.

He dressed and kinda looked like him though.

Mighty Member

how is this different then wonder woman.I liked Wonder Woman and Sensational wonder woman