Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    That was my issue. I followed every issue of Sam Wilson Captain America and all of Secret Empire (not to mention Axis and Captain America and the Mighty Avengers which had him evil for their durations) for him to finally be and to the accepted for the Cap we knew him for just the end of the event and then immediately just go back to Steve? Was hard to not feel shafted. I feel like Bucky got to actually be Cap even if his story didn’t end on a high note he got to own the role.

Prince hope Rayshaun doesn’t get limboed. His characterization in the Falcon series and Secret Empire was a lot of fun.
    Same here, I wish they would’ve revealed Rayshaun was his nephew or cousin or etc to possibly cut down on him being limboed long term. He does need a new code name asap Red Tail/Red Tails or something on that line of thought would work well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Same here, I wish they would’ve revealed Rayshaun was his nephew or cousin or etc to possibly cut down on him being limboed long term. He does need a new code name asap Red Tail/Red Tails or something on that line of thought would work well.
    That won't protect anyone....the next writer would just come along and get rid of him because they don't like him.

Steve: "Hey, Sam, where's Rayshaun?"
    Sam: "He's on a twelve year scholarship to the University of Outer Mongolia."

please let me know someone gets that reference so I don't feel so old....
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-27-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what's next for Rayshaun since his reason for existence (legal issues with Eli Bradley) don't seem to be an issue any more and Eli was in the MCU along with Joaquin.
    Unfortunately Champions has dropped most of the team from the book. Unless he comes back, I think he might be done. Especially since Marvel Rising, the cartoon he appeared in, has been cancelled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    It would make more sense to make him related to Luke Cage somehow. Luke's birth name is Carl Lucas, which of course is the same surname as Rayshaun.

As for a new codename for him... what about Eagle, as in the bald eagle mascot of the US? I'd suggest Shield, but that's the name of an Archie Comics superhero.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-28-2021 at 12:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they can make Rayshaun the new Nomad or something...
    I’d be fine with him and Eli splitting the name. Eli can exist in Young Avengers and let Ray be Sams partner. Or team them up, have Eli help train him and Bring Rikki in there as well and call them New York Patriots. I just like the idea of a Captain America and Patriot duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately Champions has dropped most of the team from the book. Unless he comes back, I think he might be done. Especially since Marvel Rising, the cartoon he appeared in, has been cancelled as well.

It would make more sense to make him related to Luke Cage somehow. Luke's birth name is Carl Lucas, which of course is the same surname as Rayshaun.

As for a new codename for him... what about Eagle, as in the bald eagle mascot of the US? I'd suggest Shield, but that's the name of an Archie Comics superhero.
    I meant more that he Ray should be created as Sam nephew (ethier his Bro or Sister son) Sarah as 2 or 3 kids in comics Ray could’ve been/should’ve been a updated Jody (Sarah only son or oldest son depending on which canon & etc). As he is now he definitely could be Cages villainous younger brother (Cold fire) son..

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I’d be fine with him and Eli splitting the name. Eli can exist in Young Avengers and let Ray be Sams partner. Or team them up, have Eli help train him and Bring Rikki in there as well and call them New York Patriots. I just like the idea of a Captain America and Patriot duo.
    I wonder if we'll see more Joaquin soon.

so if MCU Rayshawn eventually comes into the TV shows/films, will he be retconned into being a young relative of Luke Cage (birth surname Lucas)? (And would the experimentations on Isaiah figure into what happened to Luke at Seagate years later?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so if MCU Rayshawn eventually comes into the TV shows/films, will he be retconned into being a young relative of Luke Cage (birth surname Lucas)? (And would the experimentations on Isaiah figure into what happened to Luke at Seagate years later?)
    If he ever is. With Eli, I'm not sure that's likely.

Hell they dropped Ian and never touched on where he is and he's Steve's son and was Sam's partner.
    Last edited by GreenLantern'sLignt2814; 05-07-2021 at 05:11 AM.

I hope that with the increased notoriety from the show, Marvel decides to dedicate themselves to giving Sam the respect he deserves AS Falcon rather than slapping the Cap costume on him again as if he needed it (He doesnt).

They fucked up his prominence by not doing anything with him after making him Falcon again. The change itself was fine.

Apparently Sam likes his girls metallic

16.jpg

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern'sLignt2814 View Post
    I hope that with the increased notoriety from the show, Marvel decides to dedicate themselves to giving Sam the respect he deserves AS Falcon rather than slapping the Cap costume on him again as if he needed it (He doesnt).
    People have been calling for this since Sam was first introduced. There is a path forward for Sam, but that's not the road Marvel wants to travel. We've been waiting a long time ... and we'll be waiting a lot longer. Maybe in a generation or two the decisionmakers at Marvel will get it. Maybe.

Finally, the FalconMobile is here-- well, it's the "Captain AmeriCar", technically-- but in honor of Sam! Now, the next level of fun is to get this into the movies/TV.

https://www.superherostuff.com/falco...by-jada-toys-1

falconcar.jpg

I was in another thread discussing Falcon's characterization throughout the MCU and a thought came to ny mind.

Now that people mention it, Sam's distinctive role in Winter Soldier really was that of the former soldier now doing therapy work with others, which I think is definitely distinctive in the Marvel Universe.

The next Captain America being someone that spent their time helping people work on their mental health and rediscover their lives. That's a pretty damn great pitch and there are so many ways that could've gone. And yet the tv show didn't even touch this point. Not that they ran away from that personality, but they didn't touch on what he had done already.

I wasn't really interested in the boat stuff with his family. I feel like a better take would've been that his dad is also a war veteran that hasn't recovered from the trauma, not from the war, but of the world he came back to and how he was treated in America. What if Sam found out about Isaiah Bradley not through the serum hunt but through his community work in therapy? Exploring race through therapy is to me wayyy more personal than anything they did, and is kind of less abrassive to conservatives.

And the key part about this approach is, STEVE WAS INSPIRED BY SAM. During those 5 years Steve actually started to do what he saw Sam doing. That's a great segway for how he chose Sam, because he realized that Sam knew something really important that Steve didn't, how to really help people overcome the weight of the world on their soul. He knew how to make Captain America more than a symbol, an active figure in healing the world.

Now I wanna do a full rewrite of the show with this in mind. I was so bored when Sam was giving a phony speech to the world leaders, but this therapy thing is actually real, and it's how Bucky and Sam could've reached a deeper connection, by having Sam help Bucky work through his guilt and trauma, and not in an office.