Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I suspect this thread is going to get pretty busy in the upcoming weeks.
    more falcon is needed. a new team up series with Bucky, also repackage the Falcon-Cap era comics, have that for folks who are intrigued.

I applaud Marvel for doing such a good job giving us full character arcs with so many heroes. Watching Sam Wilson's growth from Captain America: The Winter Soldier to today has been a real treat.

I might enjoy Sam and Bucky's relationship more than Sam and Steve's at this point.
    The J-man

I finally got to see my favorite Cap suit in live action

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I couldn't help but notice that Sam was in his Cap suit on the cover for The United States Of Captain America #2. So I do wonder if they realized they basically fucked up his prominence in comics by reverting him to Falcon and are backpedaling on this. I'm ok with that. Sam was at his peak as Cap, and I would love if we could go back to that. He and Steve can share.

If Peter and Miles can share Spider-Man and Clint and Kate can share Hawkeye, I see no reason not to allow Sam and Steve to both be Captain America. It's not like Falcon's trademark will lapse as long as they find places to use Joaquin. How about, after USCA finishes, they launch two new books - Captain America, starring Steve, and Captain America and the Falcon, starring Sam and Joaquin?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-24-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I finally got to see my favorite Cap suit in live action

While I think the Ab area still needs some work, everything else truly does look fantastic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that Sam was in his Cap suit on the cover for The United States Of Captain America #2. So I do wonder if they realized they basically fucked up his prominence in comics by reverting him to Falcon and are backpedaling on this. I'm ok with that. Sam was at his peak as Cap, and I would love if we could go back to that. He and Steve can share.

I think as part of this 80th anniversary special Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, and John Walker will all be in their respective Cap suits.

Astonishing Member

I have never read any CA comics with Steve but I was interested in Sam, I just never got around to it. I can't speak much for his book but this show definitely made a case for Sam being a great Captain America (not that he never was from what I hear of his time in the comics). Having him share the mantle with Steve will be great.

in the comics, it's the best Sam costume IMO. It's solid in live-action but I expect them to tweak it. Now that they've seen it in episode 6 they'll make some improvements before the new movie.

Not unlike Steve Rodgers and his costumes, the initial Avengers movie costume was so so, but all the others were pretty good.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    in the comics, it's the best Sam costume IMO. It's solid in live-action but I expect them to tweak it. Now that they've seen it in episode 6 they'll make some improvements before the new movie.

Not unlike Steve Rodgers and his costumes, the initial Avengers movie costume was so so, but all the others were pretty good.
    I'm hoping they tweak it. It's good but it definitely can and should be better in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    more falcon is needed. a new team up series with Bucky, also repackage the Falcon-Cap era comics, have that for folks who are intrigued.
    I don't think Sam could carry an ongoing. But with the modern model of an 'ongoing' being only about 15-25 issues and then cancelling because the creative team has nothing more to say it might work.

Not saying I don't want more...just talking publication reality.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we need another replacement story or Sam to be Cap again just for the sake of synergy, but Sam getting a book would be nice .
    A proper well written book not the rubbish to the last solo be he and the last "Falcon n WS" mini where they both got their behinds caved in repeatedly by some pre-pubercent toddler ......who TF said ok to that travesty?

Mighty Member

Has anyone considered that this supposedly "evil" v rsion of Agent 13 might be a Skrull?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    A proper well written book not the rubbish to the last solo be he and the last "Falcon n WS" mini where they both got their behinds caved in repeatedly by some pre-pubercent toddler ......who TF said ok to that travesty?
    me because it was great

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Has anyone considered that this supposedly "evil" v rsion of Agent 13 might be a Skrull?!?
    not me because that sounds bad
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I think as part of this 80th anniversary special Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, and John Walker will all be in their respective Cap suits.
    I thought it was just that too based on the cover for the first issue, but since it's been revealed that one of the plot points of the series is that we will be meeting various different ''Captains America'', it makes me think the message by the end of the mini might be that the mantle can be held by more than one person, and Marvel may use that as an excuse to let Sam be Cap again. Now that he's going to have his own movie, Marvel needs a reason to keep him relevant in the comics, and they've proved they're better doing that when he's Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't think Sam could carry an ongoing. But with the modern model of an 'ongoing' being only about 15-25 issues and then cancelling because the creative team has nothing more to say it might work.

Not saying I don't want more...just talking publication reality.
    He was carrying his Captain America ongoing just fine. The only reason why that title ended was because Marvel was stripping most of the newer legacy heroes of their shared mantles at the time; Jane stopped being Thor, Laura stopped being Wolverine, Amadeus stopped being Hulk and Sam stopped being Captain America. It felt like a pretty coward move to cater to nostalgia and the status quo. And then they relaunched a Falcon solo just to say ''hey, we tried'', but everybody knew a book named Falcon was never going to sell as much as a book named Captain America, so that got cancelled pretty quickly. And now they're looking stupid for setting Sam up like that, since the MCU is going in the opposite direction, and the character is going to be more mainstream than ever. Which is why I support Sam going back to being Cap. He deserves that comics spotlight again.