Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Fortress by Gary Whitta and Darick Robertson

When an unknown alien ship enters Earth’s atmosphere, disrupting global power and communications and plunging the planet into chaos, the world is left wondering…where is Superman when he is needed most? In the mysterious absence of the Last Son of Krypton, Batman must rally the rest of the Justice League to counter the alien threat…but first, he must quell a crime wave on the blacked-out streets of Gotham! Gary Whitta (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) and Darick Robertson (The Boys) join forces to turn everything you think you know about Superman upside down in DC’s new comic book mini-series Batman: Fortress launching this May!
    Batman: Fortress by Gary Whitta (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, The Book of Eli) and Darick Robertson (The Boys, Transmetropolitan), a brutal and shocking 8-issue adventure that will challenge everything you think you know about Superman, launches on May 24.

Batman: Fortress #1 (of 8)
    Written by Gary Whitta
    Art and cover by Darick Robertson
    Variant cover by Doaly
    1:25 variant cover by Darick Robertson
    ON SALE 5/24/22

Even as a Batman fan I think they're starting to throw too many Bat-stuff on the board to see what sticks.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

"When an unknown alien ship enters Earth’s atmosphere, disrupting global power and communications and plunging the planet into chaos, the world is left wondering…where is Superman when he is needed most? In the mysterious absence of the Last Son of Krypton, Batman must rally the rest of the Justice League to counter the alien threat…but first, he must quell a crime wave on the blacked-out streets of Gotham! Gary Whitta (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) and Darick Robertson (The Boys) join forces to turn everything you think you know about Superman upside down in DC’s new comic book mini-series Batman: Fortress launching this May!"

Yep, sure sounds like a Batman book to me.

Seriously, though, is the bolded premise not interesting enough that it needs a 'everything hinges on Batman and also Gotham is in blackout again' story with it? It makes me wonder how DC has got to the point of having so little faith just marketing Justice League books.

I mean I'm still going to read it. Batman: Black Label is one of the main things keeping me interested in DC these days. But I'd probably be more interested if it were a JL or Superman book.
    Last edited by exile001; 02-16-2022 at 08:27 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

This sounds like it was meant to be a Superman mini...but a higher up decided that Batman would sell more. DC seems to be getting a *bit* excessive with the Batman minis. I like Batman...but at this point...I"m starting to think that DC is preparing to make an official announcement that they're going to cancel the publication of all non-Batman titles.
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 02-16-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Sensible, rational mind: Oh no another Batman comic
    Lizard brain: DARICK DRAW J'ONN AND CARTER
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.