Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

So Dick Grayson will 'be' as Nightwing

and Bette Kane will be 'somewhere' but off panel, seems to be the only thing.

I could honestly say it is the only one thing I've wanted from DC for at least a decade.

I will only be interested in reading stories with her, with Kate of course, but she gets nearly the same treatment at times.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

from Batwoman #3 (January 2012)

I love this picture. The best look, art, of Flamebird was in the original Batwoman volume.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

So I was thinking, with some additional evidence that Dick's generation of Titans(which Bette should be a part of) has been aged up to the "28-35" range(namely, Lian Harper now seems to be a teenager), if the West Point status quo for her should be discarded on the grounds she's too old to have been admitted to West Point, or if they could pull some kind of retcons when she got sent off to just have her graduate so we can just get her out already? Really want her back in action as Flamebird instead of limbo.

This reminds me of another point or thing I heard - I'm not a great reader of DC, but I live for Batwoman and Flamebird,

I heard that there is a new continuity where everything or nearly everything is in continuity, between Crisis, or Silver/Bronze, etc.

So Flamebird exists, do you think we'll see something, especially with the Titans as you mention?
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    This reminds me of another point or thing I heard - I'm not a great reader of DC, but I live for Batwoman and Flamebird,

I heard that there is a new continuity where everything or nearly everything is in continuity, between Crisis, or Silver/Bronze, etc.

So Flamebird exists, do you think we'll see something, especially with the Titans as you mention?
    I hope so. I really liked her friendship with Beast Boy from his miniseries from 2000. I wouldn't mind seeing her get on the staff at Titans Academy, though I don't think she'd get much focus the book is already pretty crowded, but at least she'd be out of West Point/Limbo. Maybe a Titans West reunion in a guest star arc if that rumored spinoff book focusing on Dicks generation gets launched? I'm trying to temper my expectations to what could be theoretically realistic.

It's that Metal thread or something.

The concept that everything exists in their continuity, somehow.

My guess would be Bette would be the only exception, sadly.

but the idea of a rewrite that pulls her out of 'limbo' is welcome.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I just finished a read-through of Morrison's run. I would love to see Betty brought back in the context of all that super-spy stuff and St. Hadrian's and whatnot, and exploring her early relationship with Dick - and solidifying her place in the timeline as operating before Barbara. It's pretty funny how, in this age of acceptance, Steph and Cass have been absolved of their "toxicity" and yet Betty is still so persistently thrown under the bus. Her sole appearance in Tynion's Detective has Kate laughing off the idea of her suiting back up as Flamebird. Kind of weird.
    i have also thought it was odd how badly dc mistreats her but she doesn't have a strong fanbase like steph and cass have so dc not caring makes sense
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I hope so. I really liked her friendship with Beast Boy from his miniseries from 2000. I wouldn't mind seeing her get on the staff at Titans Academy, though I don't think she'd get much focus the book is already pretty crowded, but at least she'd be out of West Point/Limbo. Maybe a Titans West reunion in a guest star arc if that rumored spinoff book focusing on Dicks generation gets launched? I'm trying to temper my expectations to what could be theoretically realistic.
    oh yeah i am loving this idea
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    So I was thinking, with some additional evidence that Dick's generation of Titans(which Bette should be a part of) has been aged up to the "28-35" range(namely, Lian Harper now seems to be a teenager), if the West Point status quo for her should be discarded on the grounds she's too old to have been admitted to West Point, or if they could pull some kind of retcons when she got sent off to just have her graduate so we can just get her out already? Really want her back in action as Flamebird instead of limbo.
    i don't care how they retcon west point, just that it happens soon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To be honest. I wouldn't mind if they bring her back has Flamebird. Also if I remember correctly has flamebird or at least one version was Flamethrowers right? She can be on the Titans. But appear not too much in Batfam
    hawkfire had the flamethrowers and i would not be averse if she kept them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What has Bette been in recently?
    The Last Stories of the DC Universe was her most recent appearance and it's only a cameo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Pretty sure at least one Flamebird was on the Titans.
    Attachment 107612
    Well, not AS Flamebird though.
    that's Kara, not Bette

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    that's Kara, not Bette
    Yeah I said that earlier. I was just pointing out that it's not a ridiculous idea to have a character named Flamebird in a team book. That Kandor series was kinda like a 2-person team. Kara's been in a lot of team books as Supergirl too. And Betta has been in team books too So it makes sense to do more of that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah I said that earlier. I was just pointing out that it's not a ridiculous idea to have a character named Flamebird in a team book. That Kandor series was kinda like a 2-person team. Kara's been in a lot of team books as Supergirl too. And Betta has been in team books too So it makes sense to do more of that.
    yeah i realized that after making the post