Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I have a whole pitch and three storylines outline for a Nightwing & Flamebird title that we deserve.

Bette’s got some untapped potential in her place in the Batfamily.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I have a whole pitch and three storylines outline for a Nightwing & Flamebird title that we deserve.

Bette’s got some untapped potential in her place in the Batfamily.
    oooh, i'd be interested in hearing those pitches
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I think they, Dick and Bette, were an original love, though it did seem a little one sided at first.

I would love more connective tissue.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    oooh, i'd be interested in hearing those pitches
    One thing about it is that it lays to rest is the tired characterization of Bette’s infatuation with Dick and plays more off her characterization in Batwoman of wanting to become a better hero. I’d approach it as Nightwing and Flamebird being more of a partnership, similar to its invention with Superman and Jimmy Olson in Kandor.

It also plays up Dick Grayson and Bette Kane’s personalities as much as Bruce Wayne’s different identities to society, friends, and as Batman. A friendship sparks between Bette and Barbara and a couple of other guest stars pop in.

Incredible Member

One thing about it is that it lays to rest is the tired characterization of Bette’s infatuation with Dick and plays more off her characterization in Batwoman of wanting to become a better hero. I’d approach it as Nightwing and Flamebird being more of a partnership, similar to its invention with Superman and Jimmy Olson in Kandor.

It also plays up Dick Grayson and Bette Kane’s personalities as much as Bruce Wayne’s different identities to society, friends, and as Batman. A friendship sparks between Bette and Barbara and a couple of other guest stars pop in.
    i would love bette and babs being friendly
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Nice ideas. I would approach it from the point of view that maybe Dick doesn't realize this Flamebird is related to the Waynes, and doesn't remember her as 'Bat-girl'.

but Bette does remember her time and is not ready to go there.

Which means, she is not into that anymore - her back story!

Maybe they both arrived at these 'identities' independently, but the intersectionality has to do

with the actual Krypton legends and we see this explored.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Nice ideas. I would approach it from the point of view that maybe Dick doesn't realize this Flamebird is related to the Waynes, and doesn't remember her as 'Bat-girl'.

but Bette does remember her time and is not ready to go there.

Which means, she is not into that anymore - her back story!

Maybe they both arrived at these 'identities' independently, but the intersectionality has to do

with the actual Krypton legends and we see this explored.
    oooh, would certainly be interesting

I haven't seen the full stories but Silver Age Alfred imagined a story where adult Dick and Betty became the heirs to

Batman and Batwoman.

Years later the Titans Tomorrow storyline had a story where Bette inherits the Batwoman title.

both of these stories/plots are murky to me; I've seen some panels but don't know the whole ins and outs of plot.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I haven't seen the full stories but Silver Age Alfred imagined a story where adult Dick and Betty became the heirs to

Batman and Batwoman.

Years later the Titans Tomorrow storyline had a story where Bette inherits the Batwoman title.

both of these stories/plots are murky to me; I've seen some panels but don't know the whole ins and outs of plot.
    they don't have much plot, it's what it says on the tin

Incredible Member

Fanart - showing all FOUR Batgirls!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fanart - showing all FOUR Batgirls!
    Great costume for Bette.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bat-Girl in action by her Co-Creator Sheldon Moldoff.

moldoffbatgirl.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Bat-Girl in action by her Co-Creator Sheldon Moldoff.

moldoffbatgirl.jpg
    AWWW! i love that

So any idea if Infinite Frontier will be favorable towards Bette/y in any form?

Love this picture too.
    ~ Oberon ~