Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So any idea if Infinite Frontier will be favorable towards Bette/y in any form?

Love this picture too.
    if we get a batwoman solo soon, bette could appear there
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    if we get a batwoman solo soon, bette could appear there
    How recently did she appear in an issue of Batwoman?

I don't know, but she's in the TV show (albeit renamed Mary Hamilton, probably because Alice's real name is Beth Kane).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't read enough DC to understand the Infinite Frontier concept.

It almost sounded like overlapping realities: like "Bat-Girl" existing alongside Flamebird.

But that is not what it would be, right?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Bat-Girl wouldn't exist alongside Flamebird - it would just be that Bette changed her codename after Barbara debuted. What IF is for most characters (but not all, Shazam is a notable exception) is a combination of pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, and New 52/Rebirth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Back in Batwoman #1 (November 2011), we had this scene where Bette said she had been a Teen Titan in the past:

Then, after it was (belatedly) decided well after the start of the New 52 that all previous versions of the Teen Titans (prior to the New 52 version) never existed in (then) current continuity, I believe the line was changed in any collected versions with that story.

I'm guessing now that past for Bette would be back in play?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How recently did she appear in an issue of Batwoman?
    the new 52
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't know, but she's in the TV show (albeit renamed Mary Hamilton, probably because Alice's real name is Beth Kane).
    mary never felt like an adaption of bette (though i do love mary)

Incredible Member

Back in Batwoman #1 (November 2011), we had this scene where Bette said she had been a Teen Titan in the past:

Then, after it was (belatedly) decided well after the start of the New 52 that all previous versions of the Teen Titans (prior to the New 52 version) never existed in (then) current continuity, I believe the line was changed in any collected versions with that story.

this was changed for the trade

I have other questions.... why is Batwoman's skin joker-pale? why does she have a tattoo for a US
    Military Special Forces patch?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have other questions.... why is Batwoman's skin joker-pale? why does she have a tattoo for a US
    kate went to west point

also her skin is pale as a design choice, i don't mind it but it can be jarring

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bette and Kathy by Ed Benes.

BetteKathyEdBenes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    why does she have a tattoo for a US
    It's a copy of a tattoo her mom Gabi had, so it's a memorial of sorts. Gabi Kane probably had her tattoo done in honor of Jacob, who was in the Special Forces.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Bette and Kathy by Ed Benes.

BetteKathyEdBenes.jpg
    oh wow!i love it

It's nice. In a previous comment I may have meant that Bette's silver age continuity should be consistent with other DC continuities of the time, meaning, hopefully, she might integrate back into storylines.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all