Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I cannot speak for anyone else (because quite frankly I could not give any focks) But yes. That's exactatiously what I'm going to do.
    Goddess alone knows there's been so much senseless and utterly meaningless deaths in the real world...deaths that cannot be reversed, pain and suffering that cannot be assuaged.
    So when Callisto appeals to Storm...Callisto and Storm...to kill her so that her death and the pain there-of and the resurrection can be so meaningful for both the "victim" whose life is made whole and the "killer" who rather than taking life is instrumental in "giving life" well...that's just powerful to me.
    Well happy day for you.

I find the whole spectacle grotesque.

I guess if a character wanted their stolen birthright back but were unwilling to die in combat because they don't believe in violence or that they should have to earn back what was forcibly taken from them through no choice of their own then sucks to be them and they don't deserve it.

Yeah gorgeous ... enjoy.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But if she is the goddess that preserves the balance of all natural things couldn't one say the way callisto powers were taken was unnatural. So wouldn't restoring balance by helping callisto regain her powers actually be the right thing for a goddess who preserves natural balance to do. Why wouldn't she want to restore Callisto's natural balance?
    What happened to Callisto is naturally what occurred to her abilities so doing anything alternative to that would constitute a non-natural instigation of that process. and this scan (which i had not seen) says exactly what I was saying so I guess we can end that debate lol:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

But if she is the goddess that preserves the balance of all natural things couldn't one say the way callisto powers were taken was unnatural. So wouldn't restoring balance by helping callisto regain her powers actually be the right thing for a goddess who preserves natural balance to do. Why wouldn't she want to restore Callisto's natural balance?
    She feels that's not what she would do or want to do to others, but agrees to leave that option for those who want it.

She didn't even want to start her body over when it got infected in recent issues. She easily could have just offed herself and come back. She doesn't like that for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    What happened to Callisto is naturally what occurred to her abilities so doing anything alternative to that would constitute a non-natural instigation of that process. and this scan (which i had not seen) says exactly what I was saying so I guess we can end that debate lol:

Yes we can,as i'm sure Ororo will help Callisto restore her balance. The hard decisions of a true goddess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    What dose that have to do with a preview of maruders?

Also what were callisto's powers. I completely forgot ?
    Superhuman senses
    Tactical intuition
    Heightened strength, speed, agility, and reflexes

Tentacles were a thing that Masque did to her that she enjoyed and kept, but part of her powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She feels that's not what she would do or want to do to others, but agrees to leave that option for those who want it.

She didn't even want to start her body over when it got infected in recent issues. She easily could have just offed herself and come back. She doesn't like that for herself.
    exactly for herself but i am sure ororo would aid another woman in finding balance within herself.

Callisto literally said she feels like half of her is dead so what kind of life is that.

I mean duggan may very well go the cliche way and Ororo talks Callisto into finding her inner mutant strength, i don't deny that. But i think it's been done recently.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-07-2021 at 06:28 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Exactly! this is precisely what I've been saying. ororo has a long history in regards to her valuing life not even sure why this is a debate :/
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-07-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I mean it was the result of chaos magic, the type of blight Oshtur fights agaist and calisto isnt asking for a sweet surrender, but a battle to the death that will bring back her powers.

it won't be a surrender to a disease like ororo was trying to avoid, but praticaly a ritual to cleanse herself of evil magics and to be reborn anew complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I mean it was the result of chaos magic, the type of blight Oshtur fights agaist and calisto isnt asking for a sweet surrender, but a battle to the death that will bring back her powers, it won't be a surrender to a disease like ororo was, but praticaly a ritual to cleanse herself of evil magics and to be reborn anew
    THIS! Some seem to want a cookie cutter goddess that only responds to prayers.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

exactly for herself but i am sure ororo would aid another woman in finding balance within herself.

Callisto literally said she feels like half of her is dead so what kind of life is that.

I mean duggan may very well go the cliche way and Ororo talks Callisto into finding her inner mutant strength, i don't deny that. But i think it's been done recently.
    She would still have to literally stab/electrocute another person though, nevermind necessarily being potentially killed herself. Why would she want to do that for the sake of pomp and circumstance when the other person could handle ending life themselves?

BANNED

Maybe Ororo is on the logical "resurrection is literally just cloning" train?

Think about it. Once this Storm/Callisto is killed, that's it. There will be another entity with all the same experiences, so for all intents and purposes for everyone else Storm/Callisto/whoever is resurrected, but that entity that died is dead.

I love the question that was posed early in the run:

Would you be ok with being killed just because you knew someone would clone you after?

BANNED

Helping mutants that have been half killed by the prentender reclaim their gifts, making them active participants and heroes of their own stories, gaining their rebirth in combat not in a passive or even sad way, but gloriously!
    It's something important and it's more about how callisto sees Ororo.

Helping mutants that have been half killed by the prentender reclaim their gifts, making them active participants and heroes of their own stories, gaining their rebirth in combat not in a passive or even sad way, but gloriously!
    It's something important and it's more about how callisto sees Ororo.
    EVERYONE will definitely show up to watch Callisto's battle for rebirth if Ororo is the one fighting her. I didn't even think about that. Is there really anyone bigger than Storm to get every mutant to show out for your battle for rebirth. Even the X-men would show up, maybe the council.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I mean it was the result of chaos magic, the type of blight Oshtur fights agaist and calisto isnt asking for a sweet surrender, but a battle to the death that will bring back her powers.

it won't be a surrender to a disease like ororo was trying to avoid, but praticaly a ritual to cleanse herself of evil magics and to be reborn anew complete.
    yea i think an in-character storm would still try to find another way to get her abilities back . how many times have mutants lost their abilities and restored them prior to this? she found a way for herself surely she could and would do the same for another.

She would still have to literally stab/electrocute another person though, nevermind necessarily being potentially killed herself. Why would she want to do that for the sake of pomp and circumstance when the other person could handle ending life themselves?
    thats actually a great point you make. does suicide prevent someone from being resurrected under the resurrection protocols?