Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Ororo is the one who did the welcoming ceremony for the resurrected at House of X. She said literally "I know them, they are my brothers and sisters."

Of course she doesn't think they are clones unless you think that she is a liar.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    What happened to Callisto is naturally what occurred to her abilities so doing anything alternative to that would constitute a non-natural instigation of that process. and this scan (which i had not seen) says exactly what I was saying so I guess we can end that debate lol:

Callisto got some fillers? Masque doing outpatient work now.

Astonishing Member

I like the idea of one set executioner for the crucible, now that Apoc is gone ,Exodus perfectly fits the bill.If they start rotating the role between Storm,Magnus,Logan or whoever else I would be worried.I mean it takes a certain amount of focus and mental strength to do this hundreds or thousands of times over even if it is play acting and not full murder(coz it's a step to a second Life) I still feel the younger mutants are too moody to not be affected by the process. I mean Logan has probably killed more by seeing the light fade from his victims' eyes than anyone else ,he is a close quarters killer after all and he still wimped out standing next to Whitesword.I hope they don't rotate the 'executioner'. Maybe the can outsource an Arraki like
    Isca ,but short of that Exodus is the only one I see with the stomach for this crucible business
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-09-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

By its very nature and what's involved I don't think the Crucible is such a common daily (or even weekly or monthly) event warranting a rotating roster of "executioners".
    It seemed as though it was made through special request and there was some deliberation among the council before the request was granted and even then the applicant had time time to reconsider.
    I like that should you want to go through Crucible the applicant can choose their opponent thereby, in a sense dictate how they die. It may not have to be so hyper violent.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like that should you want to go through Crucible the applicant can choose their opponent thereby, in a sense dictate how they die. It may not have to be so hyper violent.
    That would make sense. I could also see some mutants, like Selene or Marius, volunteering to drain the life force of those who want to die in the Crucible, so it can be relatively quick and painless, and yet also serve some purpose (feeding their need for life-force) rather than just be an empty pointless death.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.

Reminds me of that line in Cutty Ranks song: A who Seh Ne Dun..."6 million ways to die-choose one."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Just give us an iceman solo. He's almost never in this and is a total waste now.

BANNED

Iceman isn't a solo character, and no the sina grace slice of life sitcom issues were at best minis, he's THE furthest thing possible from a possible solo character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think its just Callisto’s preference to battle Storm out her respect for her. You raise an an interesting point with your position on the topic/issue. If Storm lost her powers I don’t think she’d go the Crucible route to get them back. But I see her as warrior who rather die fighting for what she believes in/on her own terms, and I think she’d see Cal the same way (respects her desire to die by her own terms).
    I wonder if Marrow will make an appearance either trying to talk Callisto out of going through the crucible and/or offering Storm to do the deed for her.

She herself was willing to go through dangerous experiments to get her powers back and be "complete again" and unlike Callisto she actualy hated them (being settled with the freakish look, but no benefit likely convinced her to that), so she can relate to the later but might also suggest seeking different ways of repowerment.

She is also the type who would kill someone to spare someone else from having to do the deed and tarnishing their conscious for it ala Wolverine and Deadpool. Well at least on her more heroic days. Having been close to Callisto in the past would kind of qualify her as alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Iceman isn't a solo character, and no the sina grace slice of life sitcom issues were at best minis, he's THE furthest thing possible from a possible solo character.
    A lot of the X-men characters seem unsuited for solo outings, either because of being too much tied to the teams in their super hero roles, or not presenting the same kind of agency that would put them in constant adventures outside the team jobs.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-10-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I like the idea of one set executioner for the crucible, now that Apoc is gone ,Exodus perfectly fits the bill.If they start rotating the role between Storm,Magnus,Logan or whoever else I would be worried.I mean it takes a certain amount of focus and mental strength to do this hundreds or thousands of times over even if it is play acting and not full murder(coz it's a step to a second Life) I still feel the younger mutants are too moody to not be affected by the process. I mean Logan has probably killed more by seeing the light fade from his victims' eyes than anyone else ,he is a close quarters killer after all and he still wimped out standing next to Whitesword.I hope they don't rotate the 'executioner'. Maybe the can outsource an Arraki like
    Isca ,but short of that Exodus is the only one I see with the stomach for this crucible business
    There are numerous recruits from the various super-villain factions who'd do this in a heartbeat, like Selene. Apocalypse is not the only mutant on the island who hasn't got any trouble with murdering kids while convincing them to beg for death. Mystique would normally be an option, except she's been set up to betray Krkaoa from the get-go.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Callisto got some fillers? Masque doing outpatient work now.
    I thought I was the only one noticing the botox lips, whahaha
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Personally, now that POCCY is OUT -- I'd be totally fine with them rethinking the Crucible concept.

Maybe just get one of the grouchier Telepaths to turn them OFF?
    I dunno how painful Selene's schtick is....maybe they rename it "Selene's Buffet" ? I dunno.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Personally, now that POCCY is OUT -- I'd be totally fine with them rethinking the Crucible concept.

Good point actualy. They could do something like what was done at the end of the movie Avatar, have the empty healthy new replica body next to the "damaged" original, just transfer the mind from one to the other directly with one of the dozens or so skilled telepaths they have and let the old body die peacefully via another mutant with the right skills (like a death touch).

You would have the same kind of ceremonial pomp and it would even allow to present a direct continuation of the person's memories without the now needless step of having to upload and then download a copy of the persons mind, which would always leave the chance of the original or previous version of the person dying inside the old body.

I mean that's pretty much what they did with Xavier back when they had to get his mind out of his brood infested original body into a brand new one and that worked pretty well without the super storage cerebro they have now.

Actualy now that i think about it, this would have actualy been a far better method period. Like if mass suicides were the concern, just present this as the far more ideal version of doing the repowering and depowered mutants would have far more reason to be patient and wait for their turn, than if they kill themself and have to wait perhaps decades until they get printed and downloaded again.

The whole crucible makes no freaking sense at all with this perfectly simple solution on the table, which has existed as concept decades before Krakoa and the replication protocol were ever a thing!

I guess it wouldn't have the whole death cult gladiatorial combat feel going on which clearly makes the mutants of Krakoa far more civilized and advanced than the blood thirsty and backwards "humans" of the outside world. (Sarcasm)
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-11-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I dunno how painful Selene's schtick is....maybe they rename it "Selene's Buffet" ? I dunno.
    Naw, I like the whole notion of proving yourself worthy of ascension to an improved state of being. Matter of fact there's ton of potential for a deep dive into the perception of death and life between mutants. This is also a way to literally change oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Good point actualy. They could do something like what was done at the end of the movie Avatar, have the empty healthy new replica body next to the "damaged" original, just transfer the mind from one to the other directly with one of the dozens or so skilled telepaths they have and let the old body die peacefully via another mutant with the right skills (like a death touch).

You would have the same kind of ceremonial pomp and it would even allow to present a direct continuation of the person's memories without the now needless step of having to upload and then download a copy of the persons mind, which would always leave the chance of the original or previous version of the person dying inside the old body.

I mean that's pretty much what they did with Xavier back when they had to get his mind out of his brood infested original body into a brand new one and that worked pretty well without the super storage cerebro they have now.

Actualy now that i think about it, this would have actualy been a far better method period. Like if mass suicides were the concern, just present this as the far more ideal version of doing the repowering and depowered mutants would have far more reason to be patient and wait for their turn, than if they kill themself and have to wait perhaps decades until they get printed and downloaded again.

The whole crucible makes no freaking sense at all with this perfectly simple solution on the table, which has existed as concept decades before Krakoa and the replication protocol were ever a thing!

I guess it wouldn't have the whole death cult gladiatorial combat feel going on which clearly makes the mutants of Krakoa far more civilized and advanced than the blood thirsty and backwards "humans" of the outside world. (Sarcasm)
    This is super well thought out. Who knows maybe something like this will be the permanent solution to the Crucible.