Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe Storm is going to X-men with Scott and Jean?
    To space with them.
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lawdha'mercy! but da's a loaded preview. Ah LOVE eet!!!

(there goes my XMM question for Duggan, though...with regards to Storm staying with Marauders now that she's going to be off on space adventures)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    To space with them.
    I love these books are happening somewhat linearly. Another great thing about the Hickman era and the cohesiveness of the titles. Takes a whole nother level of dedication to do that.

Idk if getting to choose who kills you in ritual combat is better or worse than Apocalypse just doing it. Probably better for the person dying and worse for the person doing the killing.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am so glad that they aren't trying to turn this into some kind of ongoing rivalry, Callisto just wants the one person she respects to do the crucible with her. I am sure she will goad Storm to kill her during the combat because Storm might not want to go through with it, but I am glad they are keeping their friendship through this. Callisto and Storm have been friends since they wrapped up their story in X-Treme X-Men all those years ago. Lol, I think they were more than friends but it was always kept as blatant subtext.
    Perhaps, but isn't this becoming redundant? We have seen this fight for many times before for mostly the same reason. Storm leaving this book is a blessing in disguise.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Marauders is so weird for me, Storm is a staple of the title but I can't think of anything of note she's done since it's inception. Now she's already off to hopefully more fertile ground, because this title really has had no real use for her or half the cast. It is telling that the majority of her character progression has occurred outside of the title she's mainly featured in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Idk if getting to choose who kills you in ritual combat is better or worse than Apocalypse just doing it. Probably better for the person dying and worse for the person doing the killing.
    Yyyeeeaahhhhh ... So are we going to pretend that killing someone, even if it's their wishes, has no psychological consequences for them or all the witnesses to said killing?

I can't say that I find it anything but disturbing that mutant society is built around glorifying a violent spectacle of suicide by combat. Is it interesting? In a disturbing, dystopian, turns my stomach, this is going to end badly sort of way I suppose.

heeeeeeeeeerreeee you go everyone

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yyyeeeaahhhhh ... So are we going to pretend that killing someone, even if it's their wishes, has no psychological consequences for them or all the witnesses to said killing?

I can't say that I find it anything but disturbing that mutant society is built around glorifying a violent spectacle of suicide by combat. Is it interesting? In a disturbing, dystopian, turns my stomach, this is going to end badly sort of way I suppose.
    I cannot speak for anyone else (because quite frankly I could not give any focks) But yes. That's exactatiously what I'm going to do.
    Goddess alone knows there's been so much senseless and utterly meaningless deaths in the real world...deaths that cannot be reversed, pain and suffering that cannot be assuaged.
    So when Callisto appeals to Storm...Callisto and Storm...to kill her so that her death and the pain there-of and the resurrection can be so meaningful for both the "victim" whose life is made whole and the "killer" who rather than taking life is instrumental in "giving life" well...that's just powerful to me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...ders-17-why-me

I would post the preview images but the site is acting buggy for me so instead, i gave a quick little summary lol

So it looks like Callisto is asking Storm to fight her to the death so that she may be resurrected and fully restored back to normal. And we also see that Ororo is leaving Marauders, she may be CoTA ????
    I like this premise if this is true. I'm certain ororo would decline.

question was callisto born "unattractive" or was she a model first when she dared Colossus? I'm thinking it was the former but I forget.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Great preview. I am certain Ororo would not decline Calllisto. In this era it has already been shown she believes in the crucible and i am positive she would assist in helping Callisto feel whole again. Not only because she knows what it feels like but she wants to leave Kitty and Emma in the best hands possible. Which would be an empowered Callisto.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Looks good.

Is Storm going to join Cyclops' X-Men?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Looks good.

by the goddess I certainly hope not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Looks good.

Not sure but i think she would fit sword better.

But then again anything is better than the guest appearances some of her fans seem to want her to have. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They did promise a big Storm story was coming. Unless that was X of Swords (I hope not)