Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Looks good.

Is Storm going to join Cyclops' X-Men?
    I think she’s gonna start off by joining them on a mission and hopefully do her own thing after that.

Ultimate Member

All this morality stuff. I kinda want the next page to be Storm going 'whatever' and pushing Callisto off the cliff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    All this morality stuff. I kinda want the next page to be Storm going 'whatever' and pushing Callisto off the cliff.
    LOL! That would be hilariously terrible lol!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thats actually a great point you make. does suicide prevent someone from being resurrected under the resurrection protocols?
    I feel like that’s a dark route the books might not go down. You would get into a debate about respecting that person’s wishes and the morality/ implications of suicide, and out of all the writers maaaaaaybe Hickman could handle it tastefully.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Cal asking Storm to take her life for the sake of her Krakoa family is a reprise of the first time Storm took her life for the sake of her X-Men family.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-07-2021 at 07:26 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think she’s gonna start off by joining them on a mission and hopefully do her own thing after that.
    this is what I hope for as well.

lmfao i would scream.

on a canonical note storm will kill when necessary. we saw this during the outback era. however callisto wanting her powers back would not qualify as needing to kill imho.

I feel like that’s a dark route the books might not go down. You would get into a debate about respecting that person’s wishes and the morality/ implications of suicide, and out of all the writers maaaaaaybe Hickman could handle it tastefully.
    yes that is true. I wouldn't mind it at least maybe addressed if only to state suicide would prevent one from being able to be resurrected.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lmao that would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Helping mutants that have been half killed by the prentender reclaim their gifts, making them active participants and heroes of their own stories, gaining their rebirth in combat not in a passive or even sad way, but gloriously!
    It's something important and it's more about how callisto sees Ororo.
    I 100% agree. Storm and Cal are warriors and respect that code of trial by combat (death or not). Given their history This makes total sense for me. If this is Storm’s last appearance for Marauders I hope they get a good show and that Cal is resurrected with her full abilities in tact by the endof the issue. She’d make an excellent addtion to cast of this title IMHO.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-07-2021 at 08:04 PM.

BANNED

Also, Wanda The pretender really deserves what's coming for her, eventually!

BANNED

thats actually a great point you make. does suicide prevent someone from being resurrected under the resurrection protocols?
    Actually, I think it wasn't outright stated but basically implied that doing something other than the Crucible to get your powers back is frowned upon. Which I think is silly.

BANNED

Actually, I think it wasn't outright stated but basically implied that doing something other than the Crucible to get your powers back is frowned upon. Which I think is silly.
    no the issue was that if everyone killed themselves at once or in masses it would be a mess to register and it be extremely harsh on the already hard at work the Five.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea it is silly but your argument puts a hole in the process honestly. people who are murdered can be resurrected as shown in x-factor. in fact im not remembering this correctly im sure but didn't wind dancer or somebody kill herself for views in mojoworld?

also if storm is to do this would she be taking Apocalypse's spot in these battles to the death?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yea it is silly but your argument puts a hole in the process honestly. people who are murdered can be resurrected as shown in x-factor. in fact im not remembering this correctly im sure but didn't wind dancer or somebody kill herself for views in mojoworld?

also if storm is to do this would she be taking Apocalypse's spot in these battles to the death?
    I think it’s just for the one time

BANNED

Callisto said with the Big A gone, each person just picks someone.

I think its just Callisto’s preference to battle Storm out her respect for her. You raise an an interesting point with your position on the topic/issue. If Storm lost her powers I don’t think she’d go the Crucible route to get them back. But I see her as warrior who rather die fighting for what she believes in/on her own terms, and I think she’d see Cal the same way (respects her desire to die by her own terms).

If I had to pick an X-Man to replace Apoc my bet is on Wolverine.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 01-07-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Like Ferro said the Crucible was created exactly because the perspective of mutants commiting suicide to get their powers is both a moral and logistic dilemma, yeah. The Crucible in a way serves as a burocratical obstacle in a attempt to try to control that

The same issue the Crucible was estabilished in also mentioned wills, and people who don't want to be resurrected probably would have that in their will, I guess?... Either way it's a complicated subject

Maybe Ororo is on the logical "resurrection is literally just cloning" train?

Think about it. Once this Storm/Callisto is killed, that's it. There will be another entity with all the same experiences, so for all intents and purposes for everyone else Storm/Callisto/whoever is resurrected, but that entity that died is dead.

I love the question that was posed early in the run:

Would you be ok with being killed just because you knew someone would clone you after?
    I wouldn't say that's how the comics want to interpret the ressurection protocols though, especially now with the recently learned effects of Otherworld and Amenth deaths and how it implies an supernatural aspect to the whole process.
    Last edited by nandes; 01-07-2021 at 09:09 PM.