Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe Storm is going to X-men with Scott and Jean?
    I thought Counsel members were not to be voted in on the X-Men?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Do you think Scott is going to tell Storm "no" when the people rise up and demand it?
    Storm has probably consecutively been an X-Man longer than Scott at this point.

Storm could just create her own X-Men team and make Cyclops vote redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I'm surprised they are already saying Storm is off the title. I'm happy though, because I know she has bigger things in her future (space!!). Marauders never gave her development, besides the one issue Duggan didn't write. The only things she did was fight people and be emotional about Kitty. And even then, she had more things than poor Iceman, Bishop and Pyro. This book needs to fix this. The more important gay character and male black character of the franchise used as glorified wallpaper.

I'm happy Lolli is back for this. He did amazing work in the issue Vita wrote. His Storm is beautiful, elegant and lovely. I didn't like his rendition of her in the first issues of the book, but he surely improved it.
    I hear you, but weirdly so many posters seem to like the endless stretches of narrative that meander on about Emma and Kitty's girl power, and nothing else. Hence there's not a single commentary to be given about Iceman, Bishop, or Pyro concerning the very book they star in. The writer is far too basic for this book and characters not named Emma or Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Do you think Scott is going to tell Storm "no" when the people rise up and demand it?
    Storm has probably consecutively been an X-Man longer than Scott at this point.

Storm could just create her own X-Men team and make Cyclops vote redundant.
    Lol, facts! People seem to forget Storm and Scott are peers, and she's not his subordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am so glad that they aren't trying to turn this into some kind of ongoing rivalry, Callisto just wants the one person she respects to do the crucible with her. I am sure she will goad Storm to kill her during the combat because Storm might not want to go through with it, but I am glad they are keeping their friendship through this. Callisto and Storm have been friends since they wrapped up their story in X-Treme X-Men all those years ago. Lol, I think they were more than friends but it was always kept as blatant subtext.
    hahaha This issue is gonna be great.

Good grief, I remember when this cover was revealed and all these jackals started screeching "noooooo!! BS!!!! Been there! Done that! Geez guys, get some new ideas already!!"

Saps.

I'm torn about her leaving to be honest. Sure, I'm not impress with her appearance in Marauders simply to be Kate's support while Emma be the co-lead. I'm just apprehensive on her future. Marvel and the X-office has let me down with their proclamations on giving her importance over and over, so until I actually see what's her next move, I'll remain in side-eyed mode.
    As for this preview, I like her and Calisto's relationship - Cal respects 'Ro in an antagonizing way. And 'Ro likes her well enough but with her mood change evident with the rain storm (a good call back that the weather is tided to her emotions -- modern writers seem to forget that more often than not). I miss thought bubbles to literally see what Storm's is thinking. But I guess today's fandom rather infer than KNOW, as with the real world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I hear you, but weirdly so many posters seem to like the endless stretches of narrative that meander on about Emma and Kitty's girl power, and nothing else. Hence there's not a single commentary to be given about Iceman, Bishop, or Pyro concerning the very book they star in. The writer is far too basic for this book and characters not named Emma or Kitty.
    It's true but we are discussing storm leaving said unbalanced title, I hope bishop does too since I cant care less for ember and snow dude

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    hahaha This issue is gonna be great.

Good grief, I remember when this cover was revealed and all these jackals started screeching "noooooo!! BS!!!! Been there! Done that! Geez guys, get some new ideas already!!"

Saps.
    This is really any new? seems more of the same with some repack

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love Emma and Kate...always have. Iceman and Bishop to a lesser extent, then Cal and then Pyro. So...even without Storm, Marauders is still filled with characters in well-written and beauty-fully illustrated stories I can and do appreciate.

Based on all the negative critiques throughout these threads it must really suck for some readers to be an X-Men fan in these times. Some of you just can't catch a break. And choosing to afflict yourselves to such miseries cannot be easy...my deepest sympathies.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yes, she has to get out of Quiet council or Jean could keep her seat

The point of the Crucible is that it is unpleasant for those involved so that not many people do it.

It is a more pressing need to resurrect dead Genosha mutants than to empower perfectly healthy but powerless mutants. It is basically ritualized triage.

Of course there are possible alternatives such as "No one is repowered as long as there are still dead mutants in Genosha" but that would prevent fan favorites from receiving their powers.

Fantastic Member

Aside from X of Swords, Storm has had very little to do in this series besides fight/bond with Emma and fret over Kate, so I'm glad she's leaving for hopefully a starring role in another book. On the other hand, this looks like we'll get the Storm and Callisto story I've been hoping for since Callisto first made an appearance, so thank you in advance, Duggan. Now actually DO something meaningful with Bishop, Iceman and Pyro, and I might start to enjoy this book again.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think it’s just for the one time
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Callisto said with the Big A gone, each person just picks someone.
    thank you both for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think its just Callisto’s preference to battle Storm out her respect for her. You raise an an interesting point with your position on the topic/issue. If Storm lost her powers I don’t think she’d go the Crucible route to get them back. But I see her as warrior who rather die fighting for what she believes in/on her own terms, and I think she’d see Cal the same way (respects her desire to die by her own terms).

If I had to pick an X-Man to replace Apoc my bet is on Wolverine.
    I agreeceith your point she would respect Cal's wish for wanting to die by her own terms i just don't know if Storm would acquiesce to such a request. Anytime she has killed it has been when it was absolutely necessary and in this case, at least, that doesn't appear to be the case. Even when she initially fought Cal, she killed her knowing that would be the only way her and her team would leave those sewers, though she was also going through a transformative period in her life.

I also think Wolverine would make a good choice.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-08-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Maybe Ororo is on the logical "resurrection is literally just cloning" train?

Think about it. Once this Storm/Callisto is killed, that's it. There will be another entity with all the same experiences, so for all intents and purposes for everyone else Storm/Callisto/whoever is resurrected, but that entity that died is dead.

I love the question that was posed early in the run:

Would you be ok with being killed just because you knew someone would clone you after?
    She is the official host of the post-resurrection event so I don’t think she is against or she doesn’t like it, or think it’s not right, she would refuse that role if it were true. Maybe she doesn’t like the idea of the crucible and of committing suicide, personally killing friends, that would be more realistic.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She says on the page that she's not opposed to it...which I took to mean she can understand why it exists but, given her innate sensibilities towards killing/taking a life, she herself may not feel comfortable taking such an active role. Callisto is in effect asking her to make a difficult choice and understandably so as Storm is the only one Cal feels who can truly give her the most effect challenge to attain her goal.
    Yes, Wolverine is wholly capable of filling the role of "executioner" but...there is a kinship/"sisterhood" between Storm and Cal that supersedes Logan's fighting abilities, and that would make the duel that more meaningful.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!