Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Got excited for a second but then I saw the sword and shield
    Same. I really don't get how that works with sword and shield as standard let alone how standing still bracing against incoming fire with a shield is more dynamic or exciting visually than bullets and bracelets. To say nothing of the counteroffensive options bullets and bracelets provide. I suspect WW's superspeed will be even more often forgotten the more they lean into Wonder Xena

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Same. I really don't get how that works with sword and shield as standard let alone how standing still bracing against incoming fire with a shield is more dynamic or exciting visually than bullets and bracelets. To say nothing of the counteroffensive options bullets and bracelets provide. I suspect WW's superspeed will be even more often forgotten the more they lean into Wonder Xena
    True. Bracelets require more skilled and speed. They are far more stunning and unique visually in a fighting scene than a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    People are still complaining about an amazon warrior using a shield and a sword? Ok.
    In just about every other thread. It’s tedious.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it may have had an influence, beyond it letting them do something with Diana since her solo films don't sell well while also promoting the JSA.
    Well, a WW movie is nice, a Hippy WW movie could be nice, but don't make the JSA in their long awaited debut animated feature second fiddle to her.

Incredible Member

I mean, I'm excited, but...

...her head? Her oddly oblong head?

Sounds like the actress is going for an accent for Diana.

Wow, this looks much better than I was anticipating! I knew I'd probably like it, cause I like most animated DC things (MOST, not all), but it looks really enjoyable. Now, if they'd only give a release date. All it says on IMDB is "Completed, expected 2021". Lol

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

wow I love this animation style, reminds me of Otto Schmidt who’s one my favourite artists, I’m really pumped for this movie now. I love that Stana Katic mentioned Diana was a scientist back in the WM era, can't wait to watch this

Not sure how I feel about the accent. I hope we get Golden Age Etta or Paula von Gunther since they're taking a lot of influences from Marston.

Yeah it's kins of exciting, but when they say they are going back to the Marston characterization I can't help but be skeptical. Steve Trevor also seems kinda of slimmy tho. Every single line in the video is him making a move on her. I mean the Chris Pine version was written and played perfectly. He was kind of worn down by the war and wasn't throwing himself on her, he was really respectful and secure without being heavy handed. I get that this is animation and there isn't time for such a nuanced take, but still. Probably could be a lot better in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the accent. I hope we get Golden Age Etta or Paula von Gunther since they're taking a lot of influences from Marston.
    Paula would be great. Don't expect more than a cameo from Etta, if anything at all. Since Barry is the protagonist and there are already so many characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Sounds like the actress is going for an accent for Diana.
    I guess Gal Gadot has set off this expectation of Diana having an accent, but she sounds more Russian here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah it's kins of exciting, but when they say they are going back to the Marston characterization I can't help but be skeptical. Steve Trevor also seems kinda of slimmy tho. Every single line in the video is him making a move on her. I mean the Chris Pine version was written and played perfectly. He was kind of worn down by the war and wasn't throwing himself on her, he was really respectful and secure without being heavy handed. I get that this is animation and there isn't time for such a nuanced take, but still. Probably could be a lot better in that aspect.
    The "I'll make an honest Amazon out of you" line seemed a bit much.

I guess Gal Gadot has set off this expectation of Diana having an accent, but she sounds more Russian here.
    Honestly before Gadot it never occurred to me Diana would actually have an accent even though there's been writers stating she does.

Incredible Member

The "I'll make an honest Amazon out of you" line seemed a bit much.
    Yeah, I think she was going for the "other worldly" accent of Gadot, but it definitely feels distinctly Eastern European.

That line caught me off-guard, but I think they are trying to go for humor. Still seems better than the 2009 Wonder Woman Steve Trevor.