Fantastic Member

Default What is Wonder Woman's mission?

Is it to fight for men and women's equal rights? Fight as a peacemaker? Stopping wars in man's world?

All the above?

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

All of the above. Wondy has many hats.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 07-03-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Depends on which version you are talking about. The Perez-Jimenez take is much less radical than the original Marston take. Marston's Diana was trying to create a whole new society with the amazon ideals. Wonder Woman Earth One vol 3 is a great update of one of Marston's stories set in a future where women ruled the world and had created a mostly peaceful society with a totally different view on prison reform for example. It was very social democratical with free elections and multiple parties.

I still think Diana's mission should be changing the world on her own terms, from outside the system, not inside it as a member of the U. N.

Does she need a mission? What is Batman's or Superman's mission? As far as I can tell they just punch bad guys and save people.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Does she need a mission? What is Batman's or Superman's mission? As far as I can tell they just punch bad guys and save people.
    Batman clearly has a mission, even if his strategy is totally ineffective.

Wonder Woman had a pretty clear mission when she was created, one that actually made her a perfect character for the world of today. DC just doesn't have the breasts to do something actually meaningful.

Arrive, raise Hell, and leave.

To teach the world BDSM... errr, oh wait, I mean “loving submission”.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-04-2021 at 03:36 AM.

To better the world. The specifics of what this means shifts from interpretation to interpretation as different people have different views of what a better world even is.
    Originally it was 'to better the world through peace and understanding' and make the world as great a paradise as the island she hails from.

And yeah, Bats and Super also have their missions. Heck, Bats has declaring his mission as part of his origin story. The same is true for Wonder Woman. Regardless of which version, you have of Diana you have a mission statement right there in the origin for why shes leaving the island

World peace through bondage.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    All of the above. Wondy had many hats.
    And they're all magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    To teach the world BDSM... errr, oh wait, I mean “loving submission”.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    World peace through bondage.
    You two need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Because I want some too!

Her mission is to knock some sense into the world regarding bigotry, if we're speaking in very broad terms. Much like how Bruce wages war on the metaphysical concept of crime and Clark with the corruption in people's hearts, Diana too fights an impossible battle trying to get people to treat everyone with respect, dignity and love instead of finding ways to belittle others so we feel bigger ourselves in contrast.

To save us from ourselves and appeal to our better nature to live life and lead with equality, equity, empathy, and enjoyment for all beings.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Depends on which version you are talking about. The Perez-Jimenez take is much less radical than the original Marston take. Marston's Diana was trying to create a whole new society with the amazon ideals. Wonder Woman Earth One vol 3 is a great update of one of Marston's stories set in a future where women ruled the world and had created a mostly peaceful society with a totally different view on prison reform for example. It was very social democratical with free elections and multiple parties.

I still think Diana's mission should be changing the world on her own terms, from outside the system, not inside it as a member of the U. N.
    You prefer that Wonder Woman shouldn't be a politician?

I think Diana should strive to create independent communities around the world that follow the amazonian lifestyle.

Places where women go to learn how to fight, have therapeutic experiences, challenge their own mindsets, learn about alternate forms of science and magic, and find their own best selves.

I would revamp Holliday College and the Holliday Girls using this concept. A group of communes sort of like college campuses crossed with women's sheltera where they practice alternatice lifestyles. Bringing Paradise Island to various places around the world.

Wonder Woman's greatest strength was that she was a radical force of change. She wasn't just a negotiator.