Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It was probably more the costume designs I didn't care for mainly in the previous universe, which they ironically started changing just as that universe ended.

Though I've never been the biggest of the YJ-influenced style so now that the house style DC's using seems to be changing that's another thing I appreciate.
    I get that. The New 52-esque design for Superman's costume is...not great. And I don't even know where the design for Wonder Woman's costume came from, but they should've left it where they found it. Only Batman's and Robin's costume were really great (and then they just had to revert back to the trunks look at the end - frustrating). But I still prefer that style of drawing to this bold line style, even if the costumes left much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I get that. The New 52-esque design for Superman's costume is...not great. And I don't even know where the design for Wonder Woman's costume came from, but they should've left it where they found it. Only Batman's and Robin's costume were really great (and then they just had to revert back to the trunks look at the end - frustrating). But I still prefer that style of drawing to this bold line style, even if the costumes left much to be desired.
    Superman and Wonder Woman were more streamlined takes on their New 52 designs. The coloring was just a tad different on Wonder Woman's.

I definitely think Superman looked a lot better with the Reborn costume he ended with by Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bourassa's original design actually kind of grew on me, especially when she ditched the ponytail, but the Bloodline's design was superb.
    I eventually grew to think it was decent, though it did look better in Bloodlines without the ponytail. But yeah, their version of the movie/Rebirth costume made it look rather drab in comparison.

Like how the Injustice designs look even worse than they normally do when they bring in DLC costumes from the movies so you have something superior to come it to.
    Yeah, New 52 Superman’s costume could look alright in some artists but I did not look good in the animated movies.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-05-2021 at 09:51 AM.

I didn't like how Superman's neck was the width of Kansas in the older art-style.

Wonder Woman in Bloodlines though, was 11/10.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I didn't like how Superman's neck was the width of Kansas in the older art-style.

Wonder Woman in Bloodlines though, was 11/10.
    Yeah, Clark looked he spent more time injecting himself with steroids than sun energy in those movies.

Yeah, Clark looked he spent more time injecting himself with steroids than sun energy in those movies.
    That boy was W I D E

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman were more streamlined takes on their New 52 designs. The coloring was just a tad different on Wonder Woman's.

I definitely think Superman looked a lot better with the Reborn costume he ended with by Reign.
    We had less than a minute of that costume in that film though - and I can't even remember if he wore it in Apokolips War. He definitely wore more casual clothes the bulk of that film.
    I eventually grew to think it was decent, though it did look better in Bloodlines without the ponytail. But yeah, their version of the movie/Rebirth costume made it look rather drab in comparison.

Like how the Injustice designs look even worse than they normally do when they bring in DLC costumes from the movies so you have something superior to come it to.

Yeah, New 52 Superman’s costume could look alright in some artists but I did not look good in the animated movies.

I get that. I want to say style of drawing is better than what the costume looks like, but then I remember how much Batman's clashed in the TMNT crossover movie and nope, I get it, costume definitely helps shape how you feel about some takes.

So Far Man of Tomorrow, JSA and Long Halloween seem to be in the same universe. If this is true. I wonder what might be the other movies. We got more images of Steve

https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...los-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So Far Man of Tomorrow, JSA and Long Halloween seem to be in the same universe. If this is true. I wonder what might be the other movies.
    It's weird because I've heard that they are all in the same universe but also that they aren't in the same universe...

I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It's weird because I've heard that they are all in the same universe but also that they aren't in the same universe...

I'm so confused.
    The director of Man of Tomorrow wanted that film to be the start but nothing has been official. But with the similar style it might be. I think maybe they are waiting to see how they are doing.

The director of Man of Tomorrow wanted that film to be the start but nothing has been official. But with the similar style it might be. I think maybe they are waiting to see how they are doing.
    DC being cage as hell because of how their last shared universe's went.

I mean the shared universe did well enough. It didn't do bad. In fact looking at the review this was doing better. The only one that did bad was war in the 50s. I would say the issue I had was how sharp the characters were. Very uncomfortable.

We had less than a minute of that costume in that film though - and I can't even remember if he wore it in Apokolips War. He definitely wore more casual clothes the bulk of that film.
    He did at the beginning and ending of Apokolips War.

So Far Man of Tomorrow, JSA and Long Halloween seem to be in the same universe. If this is true. I wonder what might be the other movies. We got more images of Steve

https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...los-interview/
    Justice League movie probably.

Brainiac is on one of the cover spines so some have speculated he'll be the villain in a JL movie.

Mighty Member

Hmm, is this going to be in a new shared universe? This takes place long ago enough from the present that they could stuff it in there pretty easily. I wonder if everything will be in this universe or will they do some standalone animated movies as well (like Soul of the Dragon was its own thing).