Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW was powered up by The Goddess Of Love in Marston run.
    Where did you read this? In Wonder Woman #1 the gift that Aphrodite gave to her was Life itself and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, her being blessed by the gods is a Silver Age retcon. Her being a scientific creation appears even in Wonder Woman Earth One (vol 3 mentions how all the amazons took turns at winding Diana in an alembis built by Hippolyta). Even her current origin is as the natural birth daughter of Zeus, and not a being made of clay. So I think my "head canon" is just as legitimate as everyone that wants her to be made of clay.

Heck, we don't even know anything about Diana's creation in the JS WW2 movie so your idea of her being a goddess or blessed by the gods is just as much head canon as mine.
    The comic version is still in the air. One issue she's made from clay and the next she's calling herself Zeus's daughter, for all we know she's sculpted from clay but it was Zeus who brought her to life ala the movie and even the movie's script leaves it ambiguous. Wonder Woman Earth One is Earth One not main continuity and a good chunk of people did not in fact like that version of the origin either.

But again, its whatever.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That can be said about plenty of people that Diana goes up against from Superman to Darkseid. As long as she is able to use her skills to beat them in the end, I'm fairly happy. What were to happen if Aquman went up against Clea? He'd ultimately beat her because he's the hero and if she's on WWs level than what does that say about him?
    WW being weaker than AQ is ok to you? Fine. It is not ok with me. And her skills didn't do anything for her in this movie. Also, last time i checked. WW was created to be an equal to Superman. And her original run had her doing stuff like tossing planets around. I don't remember AQ operating on that level.

Fantastic Member

SPOILERS:

I liked this WW, the action, power level, etc....I also liked Shield and Sword...like it or not..that's going to be here to stay. I also liked the fact that WW moved well in water....and a bit weird that she asked Hawkman to save Trevor when she got there first even before Hawkman (lol).

But..I did not like that...

I did not think WW was necessarily weaker than Aquaman...I just think that the Trident gave him more power, but this is another Earth; anything goes. Did not like the melodramatic marry me stuff; and could not care less with Steve T. Also, again, Superman, saves the at the end...I'm surprised they did not put Batman too...lol. Also, WW knowing that the other guy already was controlling Aquaman...she did not even use her lasso. So I was not happy with no lasso use, although I like the other weapons too.

I give the movie 7 out of 10.

For me, it seems the sword has really done a lot of damage to the character. People look at Wonder Woman and think she's just a warrior because of the sword and shield, and not only is this problematic thematically (with her compassion undermined), but it also strips her of her comic book powerset.

spoilers:
    I felt like the used they sword and shield in this movie partly to cover up the fact she doesn't use the lasso...she also only used the sword for one small fight scene and then ditched it, so I'm glad it didn't hog up the whole movie. (But if you feel she doesn't need it movie DC, just don't give it to her...) I actually counted how many times she swings it because I could barley remember her using it, and it was 2...she swings it 2 times...

She used the bracers a lot, and the fighting style of the film clearly preferred hand-to-hand, and unlike the first live action film she was much more experienced with her powers and didn't expect to go up against a god at some point. So again, why have it?

It was probably for the cover art of the DVD.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-29-2021 at 05:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WW being weaker than AQ is ok to you? Fine. It is not ok with me. And her skills didn't do anything for her in this movie. Also, last time i checked. WW was created to be an equal to Superman. And her original run had her doing stuff like tossing planets around. I don't remember AQ operating on that level.
    I didnt see her as being weaker. Maybe strength wise he was a 9 and she was 8.999999999. Even the worlds most favorite son wasn't doing anything miraculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I didnt see her as being weaker. Maybe strength wise he was a 9 and she was 8.999999999. Even the worlds most favorite son wasn't doing anything miraculous.
    He was shown being stronger on land. So even AQ is out of WW's strength class now. Poor girl keeps going down.

I do hope if we do get a sequel in this world. We get to see Diana's other side. I do wonder if they are using a bit of the first Wonder Woman live action film and once there is a sequel they live that behind

He was shown being stronger on land. So even AQ is out of WW's strength class now. Poor girl keeps going down.
    My girl had to use both hands just to pry his one off her face....
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I know. How can anybody look at that and say she was not weaker than him is beyond me.

Have a look at this, it's the highlight of the WW VS Aquaman fight, I posted before I could make an objective analysis:

https://twitter.com/donauflon/status...145567235?s=20

To me, it's clear that the Trident gives Aquaman a power boost.
    WW actually manages to land many powerful punches that shake Aquaman and she sends him flying harder and farther than Aquaman does.
    This shows how powerful she is, and in this movie she is. It also shows how durable Aquaman is.
    She's stronger than him and he is more durable than her.

Why do I believe that she is physically stronger?
    Well, it's only because he never manages to punch her far away. There's no shockwave when he hits while there's many when she does.
    She actually punched him through many buildings.

Why do I believe he his more durable than her?
    Well, because he survived to tell the tale. But also because his Atlantean physionomy would actually make his body tougher to accomadate to the great sea pressures.
    It actually makes sense that he is durable.

Finally, it's a stalemate.

The fight is over when she breaks his weapon.
    If he did not have that Trident, I believe she would have outright crushed him.
    Last edited by enish; 04-30-2021 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    He had leverage.

I didn’t like it either but I think that part is being heavy ignored when people bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He had leverage.

I didn’t like it either but I think that part is being heavy ignored when people bring it up.
    I totally agree.

While I do think they could have done more with WW's abilities and skills, people tend to forget a lot of things in that fight.

I rarely saw WW portrayed THIS strong before.
    They were often shy at showing her creating shockwaves when she hits.
    It actually felt like she hit like Superman.
    Last edited by enish; 04-30-2021 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Have a look at this, it's the highlight of the WW VS Aquaman fight, I posted before I could make an objective analysis:

https://twitter.com/donauflon/status...145567235?s=20

To me, it's clear that the Trident gives Aquaman a power boost.
    WW actually manages to land many powerful punches that shake Aquaman and she sends him flying harder and farther than Aquaman does.
    This shows how powerful she is, and in this movie she is. It also shows how durable Aquaman is.
    She's stronger than him and he is more durable than her.

Why do I believe that she is physically stronger?
    Well, it's only because he never manages to punch her far away. There's no shockwave when he hits while there's many when she does.
    She actually punched him through many buildings.

Why do I believe he his more durable than her?
    Well, because he survived to tell the tale. But also because his Atlantean physionomy would actually make his body tougher to accomadate to the great sea pressures.
    It actually makes sense that he is durable.

Finally, it's a stalemate.

The fight is over when she breaks his weapon.
    If he did not have that Trident, I believe she would have outright crushed him.
    I think it could have been done better but overall it really isn't a bad showing. I've seen much, much worse for her.