Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Curses, I spoke to soon.

...well...it's World War II...if she's using it for a war that's not so bad. (Just don't let her forget about the lasso please and thank you director).
    I don’t see the problem with her using the sword here. She used it to knock a few guns out of the soldiers hands and then cut a tank in half. No hacking and slashing through people and everyone is still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I don’t see the problem with her using the sword here. She used it to knock a few guns out of the soldiers hands and then cut a tank in half. No hacking and slashing through people and everyone is still alive.
    Exactly.

Plus there are also other superhero men and women who use swords and the stories work out fine.

Also, they did not forget about the Magic Lasso since it is on Wonder Woman's belt clip.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Yeah it doesn't bother me really. It's a war, so I don't mind her fighting like this since you would have to crippled or kill them to stop them from coming back wave after wave. They're outnumber by a whole army.
    And it looks like they are varying up the sword action with her other powers which is what I prefer if they are going to use the sword at all.

Plus the animation is nice but are those Nazi's made of rubber? They bouch all over the place.

Extraordinary Member

Little bit more info:

Justice Society: World War II Started as a Wonder Woman Series
    "When we had to pitch to DC storylines we were going to produce for the DC Animated Universe -- obviously, we've got to do Batman which we ended up doing as The Long Halloween and we restarted a new version of Superman -- this came about because I wanted to do a World War II story with Wonder Woman, because I initially had a pitch with DC Access to do a Wonder Woman series based in World War II," Lukic tells CBR.

"This was before the first Wonder Woman movie came out; while we were pitching it, we found out that they were doing a World War I take on Wonder Woman. And I thought it would be good to do this as a series, but the development didn't last long because they didn't think Wonder Woman had legs, not until the movie came out that they realized 'Oh ****, this is a moneymaker.' So I just took some of the ideas that we had for that series and applied them towards this film."

Why does it feel like things movie studios think won't be movie makers end up being being movie makers, and things movie studio's think will be movie makers end up not making that much money...

Studios are famously risk averse. They are willing to do anything to make sure there are butts in the seat. If a character doesn't meet expectations, they are unlikely to try again.

They forget that fan investment in characters is something you build up and earn. So they make a bunch of Batman movies, those movies sell which in turn justifies more Batman movies, picking up a new generation of fans with each turn. It just turns into a self fulfilling prophecy. Then they act like, Batman is some kind of magical money maker. I mean, he is, but that's because decades of people sculpting away at the character and the same effort isn't put into their other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Studios are famously risk averse. They are willing to do anything to make sure there are butts in the seat. If a character doesn't meet expectations, they are unlikely to try again.

They forget that fan investment in characters is something you build up and earn. So they make a bunch of Batman movies, those movies sell which in turn justifies more Batman movies, picking up a new generation of fans with each turn. It just turns into a self fulfilling prophecy. Then they act like, Batman is some kind of magical money maker. I mean, he is, but that's because decades of people sculpting away at the character and the same effort isn't put into their other characters.
    The GL animated films sold great though, but WB wouldn’t make more because of the live action film bombing. The execs are morons who don’t understand the IPs at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-02-2021 at 01:42 AM.

Kind of reminds of me the save the village from the No Man's Land scene.

Seems like Barry hasn't been a hero that long from the time he comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Kind of reminds of me the save the village from the No Man's Land scene.

Seems like Barry hasn't been a hero that long from the time he comes from.
    Yeah, it also seems like there aren't many heroes around in the present either. Maybe this movie is tied to Man of Tomorrow.

Like I said in another thread, I think Flash will bring WW to the present day which will explain Diana's absence between WW2 and the present day and her going to back to Themyscira after the inevitable JL movie this will spawn will be the sequel hook. If they time it right, they could get her solo movie out by the time of WW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The GL animated films sold great though, but WB wouldn’t make more because of the live action film bombing. The execs are morons who don’t understand the IPs at all.
    It sold less than WW feature but still got a sequel and they still did the animated show after the movie bombed. The best WW has gotten after her movie succeeded is being featured prominently in another ensemble feature.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Like I said in another thread, I think Flash will bring WW to the present day which will explain Diana's absence between WW2 and the present day and her going to back to Themyscira after the inevitable JL movie this will spawn will be the sequel hook. If they time it right, they could get her solo movie out by the time of WW3.

It sold less than WW feature but still got a sequel and they still did the animated show after the movie bombed. The best WW has gotten after her movie succeeded is being featured prominently in another ensemble feature.
    What makes you think that the snyder plans for future jl movies will be followed? Who needs to see AQ and WW killed in jl2? I certainly don't.

Yeah, it also seems like there aren't many heroes around in the present either. Maybe this movie is tied to Man of Tomorrow.
    This, Man of Tomorrow, and The Last Halloween all seem to take place in the same “continuity” judging by how they all use a similar art style.

Wasn’t Bloodlines after her movie? I went and checked Wikipedia and it looks like the first GL movie made more money: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_U...riginal_Movies but the second made significantly less.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This, Man of Tomorrow, and The Last Halloween all seem to take place in the same “continuity” judging by how they all use a similar art style.
    I'd be cool with that as long as they don't get out of hand like they did with their recent animated universe, were every movie was basically a sequel to the last. I don't think it boxed in the movies too much, but idk, it just got a little "blah" for me I guess. If that makes sense.

I'd be cool with that as long as they don't get out of hand like they did with their recent animated universe, were every movie was basically a sequel to the last. I don't think it boxed in the movies too much, but idk, it just got a little "blah" for me I guess. If that makes sense.
    I like this style more than the one we got from the old animated movie universe, so at least that's one up.