Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So what's the over/under on Steve dying before Diana can accept his proposal? I'm pretty sure he's biting it to motivate Barry to live in the now and propose to Iris when he returns to the present.
    I had the same thought. I'll be very surprised if he survives the movie.

I have to say, I'm really liking this Diana. So far, she gives a much better impression than the previous shared universe versions. Perhaps being tied to the JSA rather than JL really is better for her. I hope she'll get her own movie down the line (ideally, either Circe-centric or Cheetah-centric).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I had the same thought. I'll be very surprised if he survives the movie.
    If this truly is a new shared universe, I assume Flash will take him and Diana into the future. This way if they choose to give Diana a solo; it's easily explainable why Trevor was alive and young in the past and present.

If this isn't a new universe, he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Nah, they're not gonna kill him in another world war.
    Getting killed is Trevor’s thing, though. He’s been doing it since the sixties. Heh
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Getting killed is Trevor’s thing, though. He’s been doing it since the sixties. Heh
    I'm calling it now, they're gonna subvert expectations and he'll live.

I'm calling it now, they're gonna subvert expectations and he'll live.
    I hope your prediction is accurate.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

The Marston Wonder Woman just came out of the box, cracking jokes like Carol Lombard or Bacall. The GA Amazons had futuristic tech, they used to monitor and master modern languages and dialects. They just made cool $#*+ happen and got the bloody job done!

Some of this business about Diana's complexion, spoken language and ethnicity is just over-thought, pointy-headed nonsense. It's a comic!

Wondaflamin'bunga!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I mean Steve Trevor got some luck one his side. And If this is a kick starter for a new universe. Steve would have to live unless they want her with someone else

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean Steve Trevor got some luck one his side. And If this is a kick starter for a new universe. Steve would have to live unless they want her with someone else
    *Wonderbat and Superwonder* *inner panic* no please no don't say that.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

For those who want to know but don't want to pay for the stream.

spoilers:
    It's too late to get into a lot of details, but the obvious reveal telegraphed from the opening scene is played straight.

But it's an alternate Earth. Steve and Diana can be alive and dating (or not) on the modern, present Earth. They can have their cake and eat it too.
    end of spoilers

Oh boy you guys, I got mixed feelings.

I liked the Diana/Steve romance this movie. Diana’s characterization was solid, could have been better but nowhere near the worst. Action was great.

spoilers:
    Also, yeah Steve died , but the plot twist is it’s another Earth, not the past. So he could still be alive on Barry’s Earth.

Also everyone is operating on Golden Age powers so no flying Diana. She has a great underwater scene where she gets launched out of a torpedo launcher and takes out an armada of ships with their own explosive barrels, which I freaking loved. She also looses the sword/shield 1/3 into the film, but doesn’t use the lasso...ever...more on that in a sec.

Also Themyscira is destroyed? Aquaman says he’s sorry for what happened to Diana’s island so I don’t know what that means...

I got two big complaints, biggest one being Diana not using the lasso at all, combat or otherwise. Especially when the plot of the movie involved Nazi’s mind controlling Aquaman (which Diana learns about 2/3 into the film after temporary being mind controlled herself) and the lasso could have stopped that...

Second complaint, her final fight with Aquaman is on land and she looses...sort of...its complicated...

Now this is Golden Age Wondy vs Golden Age Aquaman. They had a first fight underwater and he won, which is fine (water’s his thing, I get it).

Second fight is on land and she does far better, they’re pretty evenly matched (the animation was amazing), but she never used the lasso against him while he’s using his trident... Like is it just a prop? A fashion accessory? In this movie it is...

He pins her at one point and he can’t get the kill on her, Steve hits Aquaman with a car to get him off and Diana goes into “enough” mode and breaks Aquaman’s trident (as in the trident, his “Poseidon’s weapon that amplify’s his fish powers” trident), which was alright and almost made up for...everything, I guess...

But I just didn’t want to see Wonder Woman fight a mind controlled Aquaman in a WWII setting when she has so many actual Nazi villains...then they could have avoided the glaring golden plot hole that is the Deus Ex Lasso that the writers are so afraid of.

Maybe just dont have the final battle be a mind controlled person vs Wonder Woman when you have so many villains who would gladly hit WW of their own free will...

But this is another Earth so hopefully their next animated feature with Wonder Woman in it will have her main Earth counterpart who will fly and (hopefully) use the lasso.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-27-2021 at 05:31 AM.

Well this looks to be somewhat like Flashpoint. I guess that was the point. Going to alt universe.

Sounds about as awful as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Sounds about as awful as I thought.
    spoilers:
    NGL though, Wonder Woman getting launched out of a submarines torpedo launcher almost made up for the bad...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Oh boy you guys, I got mixed feelings.

I liked the Diana/Steve romance this movie. Diana’s characterization was solid, could have been better but nowhere near the worst. Action was great.

spoilers:
    Also, yeah Steve died , but the plot twist is it’s another Earth, not the past. So he could still be alive on Barry’s Earth.

Also everyone is operating on Golden Age powers so no flying Diana. She has a great underwater scene where she gets launched out of a torpedo launcher and takes out an armada of ships with their own explosive barrels, which I freaking loved. She also looses the sword/shield 1/3 into the film, but doesn’t use the lasso...ever...more on that in a sec.

Also Themyscira is destroyed? Aquaman says he’s sorry for what happened to Diana’s island so I don’t know what that means...

I got two big complaints, biggest one being Diana not using the lasso at all, combat or otherwise. Especially when the plot of the movie involved Nazi’s mind controlling Aquaman (which Diana learns about 2/3 into the film after temporary being mind controlled herself) and the lasso could have stopped that...

Second complaint, her final fight with Aquaman is on land and she looses...sort of...its complicated...

Now this is Golden Age Wondy vs Golden Age Aquaman. They had a first fight underwater and he won, which is fine (water’s his thing, I get it).

Second fight is on land and she does far better, they’re pretty evenly matched (the animation was amazing), but she never used the lasso against him while he’s using his trident... Like is it just a prop? A fashion accessory? In this movie it is...

He pins her at one point and he can’t get the kill on her, Steve hits Aquaman with a car to get him off and Diana goes into “enough” mode and breaks Aquaman’s trident (as in the trident, his “Poseidon’s weapon that amplify’s his fish powers” trident), which was alright and almost made up for...everything, I guess...

But I just didn’t want to see Wonder Woman fight a mind controlled Aquaman in a WWII setting when she has so many actual Nazi villains...then they could have avoided the glaring golden plot hole that is the Deus Ex Lasso that the writers are so afraid of.

Maybe just dont have the final battle be a mind controlled person vs Wonder Woman when you have so many villains who would gladly hit WW of their own free will...

But this is another Earth so hopefully their next animated feature with Wonder Woman in it will have her main Earth counterpart who will fly and (hopefully) use the lasso.
    end of spoilers
    ww losing to aquaman. Good to see he is getting more respect while WW keeps getting treated like a weaklink. Now even aquaman is out of her weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    ww losing to aquaman. Good to see he is getting more respect while WW keeps getting treated like a weaklink. Now even aquaman is out of her weight class.
    spoilers:
    Just to clarify, It was Earth-Two not Earth-One, so all the characters had Golden Age power levels instead of Post-Crisis or Modern age power levels. The movie itself demonstrates this by opening with Earth-One Superman who can fly, has laser vision, ect. while Earth-Two Superman is mostly just durable and jumps good. So if they have Earth-One Diana at a later movie she'll have all her modern powers.

So Golden Age Wonder Woman loosing to Aquaman in the water is something I can buy (also she was being mind controlled). On land though...she doesn't lose necessarily, she was knocking him around a lot, he couldn't put the killing blow on her despite having leverage and she ends the battle buy breaking his weapon A.K.A Poseidon's trident, the weapon of a god, buy slamming it with one of her bracers. But it was way closer than it should have been IMO, especially when she doesn't use the lasso at all but Aquaman in swinging the trident around. They have plenty of examples of her using the lasso at this point for action scenes in other animated movies...

Also the whole battle was extra stupid when you know that had Diana use the lasso the fight would never have happened. They even mention the lasso at one point and she says she can't use it because "there's no time" and then it's never mentioned again. Why are writers so afraid of the lasso? Why?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-27-2021 at 01:11 PM.