Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    spoilers:
    Just to clarify, It was Earth-Two not Earth-One, so all the characters had Golden Age power levels instead of Post-Crisis or Modern age power levels. The movie itself demonstrates this by opening with Earth-One Superman who can fly, has laser vision, ect. while Earth-Two Superman is mostly just durable and jumps good. So if they have Earth-One Diana at a later movie she'll have all her modern powers.

So Golden Age Wonder Woman loosing to Aquaman in the water is something I can buy (also she was being mind controlled). On land though...she doesn't lose necessarily, she was knocking him around a lot, he couldn't put the killing blow on her despite having leverage and she ends the battle buy breaking his weapon A.K.A Poseidon's trident, the weapon of a god, buy slamming it with one of her bracers. But it was way closer than it should have been IMO, especially when she doesn't use the lasso at all but Aquaman in swinging the trident around. They have plenty of examples of her using the lasso at this point for action scenes in other animated movies...

Also the whole battle was extra stupid when you know that had Diana use the lasso the fight would never have happened. They even mention the lasso at one point and she says she can't use it because "there's no time" and then it's never mentioned again. Why are writers so afraid of the lasso? Why?
    end of spoilers
    Golden Age WW is far stronger than Aquaman based on feats.

And this movie. He even catched her fist with one hand and slams her into the ground. Making it look like he is stronger even on land. The movie is meh. The portrayal of WW as a powerhouse, is bads as usual these days. Such a weaklink. It truly hurts my eyes.

WW is just cursed beyond hope at this point. Almost any super human coming her way get the best of her in battle. It is so frustrating. What is the point of so called badass Goddess expert of war. If almost any meta human can beat her? She is so weak these days, it truly sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW is just cursed beyond hope at this point. Almost any super human coming her way get the best of her in battle. It is so frustrating. What is the point of so called badass Goddess expert of war. If almost any meta human can beat her? She is so weak these days, it truly sucks.
    Then she finally achieved Superman status.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-27-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Then she finally achieved Superman status.
    Sorry but you truly need to snap out of it. Superman does not have it as bad as WW. He still is portrayed as a top gun more than WW. Still get to perform powerful feats more than WW. Still doesn't get overpowered by aquaman as WW recently. And the list goes on. This notion that Superman is a poor baby that jobs to everybody is not true. Specially compared to how bad things have been for WW these past years. He does not suffer as much as she does,

spoilers:
    Just to clarify, It was Earth-Two not Earth-One, so all the characters had Golden Age power levels instead of Post-Crisis or Modern age power levels. The movie itself demonstrates this by opening with Earth-One Superman who can fly, has laser vision, ect. while Earth-Two Superman is mostly just durable and jumps good. So if they have Earth-One Diana at a later movie she'll have all her modern powers.

So Golden Age Wonder Woman loosing to Aquaman in the water is something I can buy (also she was being mind controlled). On land though...she doesn't lose necessarily, she was knocking him around a lot, he couldn't put the killing blow on her despite having leverage and she ends the battle buy breaking his weapon A.K.A Poseidon's trident, the weapon of a god, buy slamming it with one of her bracers. But it was way closer than it should have been IMO, especially when she doesn't use the lasso at all but Aquaman in swinging the trident around. They have plenty of examples of her using the lasso at this point for action scenes in other animated movies...

Also the whole battle was extra stupid when you know that had Diana use the lasso the fight would never have happened. They even mention the lasso at one point and she says she can't use it because "there's no time" and then it's never mentioned again. Why are writers so afraid of the lasso? Why?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Earth-2/Golden Age Superman cameos in the movie?
    end of spoilers

Sorry but you truly need to snap out of it. Superman does not have it as bad as WW. He still is portrayed as a top gun more than WW. Still get to perform powerful feats more than WW. Still doesn't get overpowered by aquaman as WW recently. And the list goes on. This notion that Superman is a poor baby that jobs to everybody is not true. Specially compared to how bad things have been for WW these past years. He does not suffer as much as she does,
    Well, first off, I'm not a hard core Superman fan at all and I don't particularly care if he gets jobbed. In fact, he gets jobbed at the start of the film to 4 Brainiac robots that tie him up and Flash has to come save him.

Second off, I have never said Superman has it worse than Wonder Woman, not once. So maybe don't place words in my text that aren't there.

Third, I was agreeing with you.

I apologize for responding with a sarcastic comment, but the way you were complaining reminded me of some belly-aching Superman fans I see online all the time and I went with an emotional, unproductive response. I shouldn't have done that, because goodness knows there should be less of that on the internet.

If you don't enjoy something that's fine, but I like too look for the good with the bad. I'm just sorry you seem displeased so often.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-27-2021 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Earth-2/Golden Age Superman cameos in the movie?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Indeed he does.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Indeed he does.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Neat. Is he not part of the Justice Society for some reason?

Should have figured with Flashes, it'd end up being a "Flash of Two Worlds" multiverse thing.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Neat. Is he not part of the Justice Society for some reason?

Should have figured with Flashes, it'd end up being a "Flash of Two Worlds" multiverse thing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    His origin story is way different in this film so he's not a superhero until the end.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Warrior Woman can’t even beat Aquaman on land now. Sad. Wonder Woman is just pathetic now

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Warrior Woman can’t even beat Aquaman on land now. Sad. Wonder Woman is just pathetic now
    True. We have to accept it. WW is no longer a powerhouse. She is just a super human warrior that is called a God only by formality. Most meta humans can overpower this ''mighty'' Goddess nowadays.

True. We have to accept it. WW is no longer a powerhouse. She is just a super human warrior that is called a God only by formality. Most meta humans can overpower this ''mighty'' Goddess nowadays.
    Yeah, I watched the fight and its pretty stupid, like I don't take Aquaman to be a threat to Diana in anyway above or below the sea. And I guess I gotta thank the JLU series and Flashpoint for making it popular now.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yeah, I watched the fight and its pretty stupid, like I don't take Aquaman to be a threat to Diana in anyway above or below the sea. And I guess I gotta thank the JLU series and Flashpoint for making it popular now.
    I mean who can't beat WW now? Forget about her not being equal to Superman. Even in a lower tier she is getting the short end of the stick. No surprise why many of the writers that wrote her title these years, have her fighting street levelers. DC is being pretty consisatent at portraying her as just a super human warrior. They should stop talking about WW being a Goddess. This goddess only beats canon fodder lately(nazis, para demons, terrorists etc) The moment she faces another super human, chances are she will be the one getting overpowered. Such a wonder indeed.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just finished watching it and it was ok. Sadly Diana was the weakest link in the film. She seemed pretty devoid of personality for majority of the film.

The fight scenes were good, I was fine with her power level compared to Aquaman. Make her to powerful and it isnt as interesting just as I feel it does with Superman. Though her being able to swim around under the ocean just as well as Aquaman was.....yeah dont like that, just like she should have the advantage on land.

Steve Trevor was probably the best outting in animation he's had thus far. He was charming, funny, and I grew attached to him by the end.

The scene where they want to interrogate Barry and they suggest Diana use her lasso only for her to be like "we dont have time for this!" was....didnt make sense since she is the one who wanted to interrogate him.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-27-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Just finished watching it and it was ok. Sadly Diana was the weakest link in the film. She seemed pretty devoid of personality for majority of the film.

The fight scenes were good, I was fine with her power level compared to Aquaman. Make her to powerful and it isnt as interesting just as I feel it does with Superman. Though her being able to swim around under the ocean just as well as Aquaman was.....yeah dont like that, just like she should have the advantage on land.

Steve Trevor was probably the best outting in animation he's had thus far. He was charming, funny, and I grew attached to him by the end.

The scene where they want to interrogate Barry and they suggest Diana use her lasso only for her to be like "we dont have time for this!" was....didnt make sense since she is the one who wanted to interrogate him.
    So you are fine with aquaman easily overpowering her? He did quick work of her underwater. And was still able to overpower her on land. That's how low we should settle for WW now?