Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So you are fine with aquaman easily overpowering her? He did quick work of her underwater. And was still able to overpower her on land. That's how low we should settle for WW now?
    I dont think he easily overpowered her as they seemed pretty evenly matched once on land. He should be able to easily take her on underwater, it's his playground and like I said, she should have the advantage on land.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I dont think he easily overpowered her as they seemed pretty evenly matched once on land. He should be able to easily take her on underwater, it's his playground and like I said, she should have the advantage on land.
    If this is based on Golden Age. Golden Age WW has far better feats than Aquaman as far as i remember. She shoulds be able to fight him underwater. And on land, it shouldn't be a difficult fight for her. Yet in this movie he clearly was stronger even on land. He easily catched a punch from her with his bare hand, and slammed her into the ground. That is not right in my eyes.

If this is based on Golden Age. Golden Age WW has far better feats than Aquaman as far as i remember. She shoulds be able to fight him underwater. And on land, it shouldn't be a difficult fight for her. Yet in this movie he clearly was stronger even on land. He easily catched a punch from her with his bare hand, and slammed her into the ground. That is not right in my eyes.
    Taking the general aesthetic doesnt mean they are going to transfer over everything to a T. The fact that she isnt in a long flowing skirt, Amazons are........, Clark has a modified origin, things are different. To me there is nothing wrong with her losing a fight underwater no matter the era.

Taking the general aesthetic doesnt mean they are going to transfer over everything to a T. The fact that she isnt in a long flowing skirt, Amazons are........, Clark has a modified origin, things are different. To me there is nothing wrong with her losing a fight underwater no matter the era.
    She was losing to aquaman on land too. She even needed to use both hands to get free of aquaman holding her neck with one hand. She was a weaklink, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Well, first off, I'm not a hard core Superman fan at all and I don't particularly care if he gets jobbed. In fact, he gets jobbed at the start of the film to 4 Brainiac robots that tie him up and Flash has to come save him.

Second off, I have never said Superman has it worse than Wonder Woman, not once. So maybe don't place words in my text that aren't there.

Third, I was agreeing with you.

I apologize for responding with a sarcastic comment, but the way you were complaining reminded me of some belly-aching Superman fans I see online all the time and I went with an emotional, unproductive response. I shouldn't have done that, because goodness knows there should be less of that on the internet.

If you don't enjoy something that's fine, but I like too look for the good with the bad. I'm just sorry you seem displeased so often.
    Thank you. I'm sorry about that too. It's not that i want to sound negative. But i don't like how WW is being treated at all.

Thank you. I'm sorry about that too. It's not that i want to sound negative. But i don't like how WW is being treated at all.
    Yeah, I can understand that.

Wonder Woman is more popular than ever. And with the emergence of more adaptations of her, that’s going to comes with power scaling inconsistencies. I guess I feel like, I’ve just reached a point where I’ve accepted that as the pay-off for her growing popularity. Plus, the character that introduced me to comics was Jean Grey, and she’s a character who’s had power level alllll over the place.

But again, I get it. Wonder Woman is advertised as the strongest heroine, and it doesn’t always feel like that.

spoilers:
    Even in the movie itself, she was strong enough to break his trident in half? Why didn’t see do that sooner? Or just have her use the lasso at some point. Aquaman gets to use his weapon but Wonder Woman has to fight him bare handed? Why? (The answer is of corse because the lasso would have fixed everything and the writers new that.)
    end of spoilers

Honestly my biggest problem with the movie is I’m really just tired of heroes fighting each other. You got a Golden Age Wonder Woman in WWII and she’s headlining the film, just use one of her baddies as the main villain. If a Atlantean vs Amazon fight needed to happen, why not just use Queen Clea? She’d probably love to team up with Nazi’s...

Heroes fighting each other is so over used, and no one looks good when they come out of it. I think there has been very rare instances of such.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-28-2021 at 02:58 AM.

I understand the complaints. I’m one of those who are very upset to see WW nerfed that much.

I first read the spoilers before watching the movie so I already had a huge prejudice against it.
    But finally, I didn’t find that Wonder Woman was so badly treated.
    If anything, she was shown as a real powerhouse.

To me she appeared to be physically stronger than Aquaman, the latter having the leverage only thanks to his trident.

I was really expecting to be very upset but I wasn’t.

Of course she could have used the lasso, of course she could have slammed her bracelets together.
    But, and it’s so rare, she actually makes shockwaves when she hits, just like Superman.

Aquaman’s advantage was clearly him having his trident, and Wonder Woman was already reeling from previous fights.
    Last edited by enish; 04-28-2021 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I understand the complaints.

I first read the spoilers before watching the movie so I already had a huge prejudice against it.
    But finally, I didn’t find that Wonder Woman was so badly treated.
    If anything, she was shown as a real powerhouse.

To me she appeared to be physically stronger than Aquaman, the latter having the leverage thanks to his trident.
    I was really expecting to be very upset but I wasn’t.

Of course she could have used the lasso, of course she could have slammed her bracelets together.
    But, and it’s so rare, she actually makes shockwaves when she hits, just like Superman.

Aqua man’s advantage was clearly him having his trident, and Wonder Woman was already reeling from previous fights.

Her getting launched out of a torpedo launcher made my day. It might seem small, but it made my day.

It was just a fun and unexpected moment.

The lack of the lasso is extremely disappointing. As well as the lack of the GA villains. Like, really? Not even a Paula von Gunther cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The lack of the lasso is extremely disappointing. As well as the lack of the GA villains. Like, really? Not even a Paula von Gunther cameo?
    In an interview the director said they wanted to explore more WWII themed villains if they get a sequel.

And I’m like: (if you wanted to do it than why not do it for this movie?)

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    As well as the lack of the GA villains. Like, really? Not even a Paula von Gunther cameo?
    That's not a detriment to Wonder Woman specifically. The only villain that appeared was Psycho Pirate as the mind controlling dude, and even he didn't resemble any version from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    In an interview the director said they wanted to explore more WWII themed villains if they get a sequel.

And I’m like: (if you wanted to do it than why not do it for this movie?)
    This movie was already packed to the 9s....I am glad they didnt try to go overboard.

This movie was already packed to the 9s....I am glad they didnt try to go overboard.
    I didn’t want another character added, I would have just rather another character be the villain.

This makes me wonder this was a different world. So what would the main cannon Wonder Woman be like.

Since it seems like they are setting up a Justice League film, we wil find out soon enough.