Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

So far we know Manhunter will most likely be in it

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So far we know Manhunter will most likely be in it
    The lineup will probably be the DCAU lineup: Superman, Batman, Flash (Barry instead of Wally), Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl (Shayera is on the spine of the JS physical edition), and GL (John Stewart).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Is it a surprise to the posters here that Wonder Woman continually gets the shaft, nerfed, dissed or just is second rate at anything she does? She headlines the JSA movie, yet gets beat on land and sea by Aquaman of all people! Maybe it is because he had a higher profit margin than Wondy at the movies? Or the fact that once again, she does not fly which sooner or later we are going to have to accept that this is going to be the standard that which she will be put at!

My favorite team-up movie with Wonder Woman in it was Justice League-Crisis on Two Earths. She kicked ass, utilized her skill sets and was seen as a powerful hero. Can we honestly say the version we see in the comics now or the JSA representation can do as much as what she did in the aforementioned movie?

Come on, supposed to be best warrior ever and she still can't take on Aquaman! And many of the posters here don't really seam to mind that. Instead, they try to make reasons why this happened.

Face it, eventually she will lose flight since that is the way it seems to be going, and she will only be able to take on street level opponents, ala Spidey. What we have here are comic book writers that don't know how to write a powerful woman or have the balls to back up their stories to the editors when they do make her powerful, or we have the directors and writers of comicbook movies (animated and live) that still don't do her justice on the big screen.

I can still remember Azzarello in an interview saying that he would have Diana 'judiciously' use her power. Was he worried about the amount of special effects Chiang would have to draw in a comic book?!?

**sing song** Here comes the friendly neighborhood Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Aquaman is the big bad, do we expect him to be made into fishsticks and the movie be over within 5 mins of meeting WW?

He didn't even beat her, just because he's able to block a punch and knock her down doesnt mean that he won. She was able to inflict as much damage to him as he was to her. She saves Steve, sends Aquaman flying and is able to break his Trident. I dont see anywhere in the film where she is made to be some weakling.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Aquaman is the big bad, do we expect him to be made into fishsticks and the movie be over within 5 mins of meeting WW?

He didn't even beat her, just because he's able to block a punch and knock her down doesnt mean that he won. She was able to inflict as much damage to him as he was to her. She saves Steve, sends Aquaman flying and is able to break his Trident. I dont see anywhere in the film where she is made to be some weakling.
    THANK YOU. Some people here are so insecure about the character. If anything what someone would take from this movie is that Diana is a great soldier leader, but not much fun to be around.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

When WW has been used as a villain in other movies. She is not portrayed as a big top powerful act. In flashpoint she was a villain. And AQ was able to match her on land and shazam almost beat her. In Injustice, she is a villain and she gets trashed often. Double standards at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    THANK YOU. Some people here are so insecure about the character. If anything what someone would take from this movie is that Diana is a great soldier leader, but not much fun to be around.
    When WW was a villain in flashpoint. AQ was able to give her a better fight on land, than what she did on this justice socxiety movie against him. And injustice WW, another villain version gets treated as a jobber often. So why there is no equal treatment? When i see an evil version of WW kicking asses. Then we can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is it a surprise to the posters here that Wonder Woman continually gets the shaft, nerfed, dissed or just is second rate at anything she does? She headlines the JSA movie, yet gets beat on land and sea by Aquaman of all people! Maybe it is because he had a higher profit margin than Wondy at the movies? Or the fact that once again, she does not fly which sooner or later we are going to have to accept that this is going to be the standard that which she will be put at!

My favorite team-up movie with Wonder Woman in it was Justice League-Crisis on Two Earths. She kicked ass, utilized her skill sets and was seen as a powerful hero. Can we honestly say the version we see in the comics now or the JSA representation can do as much as what she did in the aforementioned movie?

Come on, supposed to be best warrior ever and she still can't take on Aquaman! And many of the posters here don't really seam to mind that. Instead, they try to make reasons why this happened.

Face it, eventually she will lose flight since that is the way it seems to be going, and she will only be able to take on street level opponents, ala Spidey. What we have here are comic book writers that don't know how to write a powerful woman or have the balls to back up their stories to the editors when they do make her powerful, or we have the directors and writers of comicbook movies (animated and live) that still don't do her justice on the big screen.

I can still remember Azzarello in an interview saying that he would have Diana 'judiciously' use her power. Was he worried about the amount of special effects Chiang would have to draw in a comic book?!?

spoilers:
    Superman couldn't fly on Earth-Two either. So I'll only be disappointed in that aspect if she doesn't fly on the Earth-One.
    end of spoilers

I do like her version in Crisis on Two Earth more than this movie. Was that version more powerful than she is in the comics recently? No. She just created the big bang in Immortal Wonder Woman, which is the most powerful thing she's ever done. And it was 100% of her own power too, not a power up. And those same people who wrote her flying through space without needing to eat or breath for centuries on end, are writing her ongoing, so we'll see if that carries over after she gets her powers back. (She also broke a bolder into a million pieces while being powerless, in the most recent issue.)

Also G. Willow Wilson, (who's run I do have a problem with), still had her go flying brick mode and decimate dozens of titans that were large enough to dwarf Giganta, simply by flying through them. That was in 2019 so I'm not sure how recently we are talking here.

So I don't really think Crisis on Two Earth Wonder Woman is more powerful than she has been in recent comics. Is she more powerful than in this film? Maybe? Aside from the fact she could fly, I don't think she did anything greater in terms of strength, I think it's more-so the movie just buffed Aquaman.

spoilers:
    This Wonder Woman still broke the weapon of a god, punched Aquaman through several buildings, and ripped apart several tanks like cardboard.
    end of spoilers

Also BTW,(I know I keep stating this), but no, I don't like how close it was on land between Aquaman and Wonder Woman. If the movie had made it clear if he was getting a powerup from the trident, then sure, but it's hard to tell, he at least seemed to be connected to it and it looked to be amplifying some of his powers.

Plus if WW just used the lasso there wouldn't have been a fight...
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-28-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    When WW has been used as a villain in other movies. She is not portrayed as a big top powerful act. In flashpoint she was a villain. And AQ was able to match her on land and shazam almost beat her. In Injustice, she is a villain and she gets trashed often. Double standards at their best.
    Shazam almost beats Superman as well in many depictions. Shazam, Superman and Wonder Woman are often lumped in the same weight class.

I'm just pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

Yes, Diana certainly did better against Superwoman than did Superman. She was really beating him up. Even when WW got hit, she seemed to shake it off faster than Superman.

Not sure why they do not know the power of WW or why her fans would think these things/this movie would be embraced. Sort of like they got us by only preview showing the good part, then we buy it, then we see that they tricked us with giving us this stuff.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm not gonna bother with Injustice. As far as Flashpoint, It's a dumb comic/movie and Diana and Aquaman are evenly matched yes, so what? What makes you think Aquaman should be weak? This obsession with Diana beating up everyone except Superman is ugly and annoying and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not gonna bother with Injustice. As far as Flashpoint, It's a dumb comic/movie and Diana and Aquaman are evenly matched yes, so what? What makes you think Aquaman should be weak? This obsession with Diana beating up everyone except Superman is ugly and annoying and uninteresting.
    And what makes you think she should only be as strong as AQ? This nothing that WW can't be stronger than a character like AQ is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Shazam almost beats Superman as well in many depictions. Shazam, Superman and Wonder Woman are often lumped in the same weight class.

I'm just pointing that out.
    Trackrecord for WW is not good in these movies. She is not portrayed as somebody capable of hanging with kryptonians in the current movies.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Trackrecord for WW is not good in these movies. She is not portrayed as somebody capable of hanging with kryptonians in the current movies.
    The curbstomping that she got in the original cut and the Zack Snyder cut gives us even further proof of what they think of everyone not named Superman should be.

I mean, for them to have shot the curbstomping scene, their must have been comic book editors or screenplay editors that said this would be good for the movie and the fans. But not one editor to say 'Wait a minute, you can't make the entire Justice League look like 3rd rate jobbers to Superman'! They jobbed out quicker than Batman one punching the Cheetah!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Snyder thinks that Superman is the most powerful person in the world. He took care of a New God as if it were nothing. I wouldnt put much thought into how he depicts others vs. Superman.