Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Animated appearances are one thing, but what you put in that list happened years ago, one New 52, the other Post-Crisis. She was most recently trading blows with Martian Manhunter (who didn't beat her BTW)

She can tag WW though, and WW is someone considered to have faster combat speed then Superman. So to be able to get around that consistently is pretty fast to me. Wouldn't mind if they drew her with more blur lines for effect, though.
    Getting killed by a random dude with a gun in one animated movie. Killed by red robin in that other movie. KO by electricity in WW84. They are recent examples. DC needs to do a better job with Cheetah and be consistent. And when did Cheetah fight martian manhunter?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Getting killed by a random dude with a gun in one animated movie. Killed by red robin in that other movie. KO by electricity in WW84. They are recent examples. DC needs to do a better job with Cheetah and be consistent. And when did Cheetah fight martian manhunter?
    Justice League Vol.4 #57 is when she fight's Martian Manhunter, it was like 2 panels though. She also fights Cyborg. There was a lot of partner trading.

But Nightwing never got a hit on her in that issue, as it should be, so no Bat-jobbing. Hehehe.

And I agree she should have a better showing in animated films. (Don't agree about her getting K.O.'ed by electricity as being weak...) Do you watch Invincible by any chance? They had a ridiculously strong monster get taken out the same way as Cheetah. (I'll put the detail in the spoiler tag just incase anyone want's to remain completely spoil free.)

spoilers:
    They just had an episode where the strongest monster on the planet, who was giving the "Superman" knock-off character a run for his money, get taken out by the same type of long transmission power line that K.O.'d Cheetah. So they clearly don't think it's weak if a monster that strong got taken out the same way.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-30-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Justice League Vol.4 #57 is when she fight's Martian Manhunter, it was like 2 panels though. She also fights Cyborg. There was a lot of partner trading.

But Nightwing never got a hit on her in that issue, as it should be, so no Bat-jobbing. Hehehe.

And I agree she should have a better showing in animated films. (Don't agree about her getting K.O.'ed by electricity as being weak...) Do you watch Invincible by any chance? They had a ridiculously strong monster get taken out the same way as Cheetah. (I'll put the detail in the spoiler tag just incase anyone want's to remain completely spoil free.

spoilers:
    They just had an episode where the strongest monster on the planet, who was giving the "Superman" knock-off character a run for his money, get taken out by the same type of long transmission power line that K.O.'d Cheetah. So they clearly don't think it's weak if a monster that strong got taken out the same way.
    end of spoilers
    Going down by an elictric wire is still weak. If a character is supposed to be durable enough to take attacks from WW, Superman etc. Then an electric wire shouldn't harm Cheetah. WW's hits are supposed to produce far more force and damage than an electric wire.

Mighty Member

Going down by an elictric wire is still weak. If a character is supposed to be durable enough to take attacks from WW, Superman etc. Then an electric wire shouldn't harm Cheetah. WW's hits are supposed to produce far more force and damage than an electric wire.
    Electricity isn't blunt force though...and it doesn't work on organics in the same way something like a cannonball would.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 04-30-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Electricity isn't blunt force though...and it doesn't work on organics in the same way something like a cannonball would.
    But Cheetah has no stated weakness to electricity. I have seen her in the comics taking electricity and she was totally fine. What she took in WW84 wan't an electric attack from a high tier character. So it shouldn't have hurt her.

That's not how electricity works.

It affects your nervous system's ability to communicate with itself, thereby leaving you stunned. A punch doesn't "hit harder" than electricity because electricity doesn't "hit" at all.

Unless you are talking about lighting, which is plasma. Plasma conduct's electricity, but electricity isn't plasma.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-30-2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: typo

That's not how electricity works.

It affects your nervous system's ability to communicate with itself, they by leaving you stunned. A punch doesn't "hit harder" than electricity because electricity doesn't "hit" at all.

Unless you are talking about lighting, which is plasma. Plasma conduct's electricity, but electricity isn't plasma.
    Damage output is what i'm talking about. WW's hits have far more damage output than an electric wire.

But Cheetah has no stated weakness to electricity. I have seen her in the comics taking electricity and she was totally fine. What she took in WW84 wan't an electric attack from a high tier character. So it shouldn't have hurt her.
    The only time I remember her taking an eclectic blast from Bolt in Secret Six. He said he hit her with 50,000 volts and she walked away.

The one in WW84 is a 230 kV High Voltage Transmission Wire.

One kV is 1,000 volts, so she got hit with 230,000 volts of electricity and she was only stunned.

The only time I remember her taking an eclectic blast from Bolt in Secret Six. He said he hit her with 50,000 volts and she walked away.

The one in WW84 is a 230 kV High Voltage Transmission Wire.

One kV is 1,000 volts, so she got hit with 230,000 volts of electricity and she was only stunned.
    high tension power lines like the ones showed in the movie can carry 66,000 volts. So i don't know where you got the 230.000 volts figure. Not to mention that jenkins said Cheetah was more powerful than WW. So the fact that she was easily KO by an electric wire is pathetic. And more pathetic is WW. Because it means that if she wasn't zeus child. That electric wire would have hurt her even worse than Cheetah, if we follow what jenkins said about cheetah's power level. WW84 was a big diusappointment in terms of power display.

Damage output is what i'm talking about. WW's hits have far more damage output than an electric wire.
    But you can be damaged in different ways. Blunt force and electric currents are completely different in how they affect the body, they are both damaging but for different reasons.

So, Cheetah can take a hit to the head from WW and not be concussed right? Because you get a concision from your brain being rocked back and forth in your skull. Cheetah has super strength, so her neck muscles would tighten and support her head, preventing her from passing out when taking a hit like that.

Electricity attacks the nervous system. The nervous system naturally produces small amounts bio-electricity to communicate with itself (and that includes the brain). So, Cheetah, upon receiving a certain amount of electrical current (which is unspecified because it's a comic and would never specify such a thing) would override her own nervous system and cause it to violently spasm every muscle in her body, not to mention, her own brain would have trouble communicating with itself. This would affect her internal organs as well.

Not to mention electricity at that voltage can causes burns, (which she did not receive) and she was suspended in water, which conducts electricity. Meaning there was literality no ground for the electricity to escape out of her body, which would cause more damage than if she was on land.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-30-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typo

But you can be damaged in different ways. Blunt force and electric currents are completely different in how they affect the body, they are both damaging but for different reasons.

So, Cheetah can take a hit to the head from WW and not be concussed right? Because you get a concision from your brain being rocked back and forth in your skull. Cheetah has super straight, so her neck muscles would tighten and support her head, preventing her from passing out when taking a hit like that.

Electricity attacks the nervous system. The nervous system naturally produces small amounts bio-electricity to communicate with itself (and that includes the brain). So, Cheetah, upon receiving a certain amount of electrical current (which is unspecified because it's a comic and would never specify such a thing) would override her own nervous system and cause it to violently spasm every muscle in her body, not to mention, her own brain would have trouble communicating with itself. This would affect her internal organs as well.

Not to mention electricity at that voltage can causes burns, (which she did not receive) and she was suspended in water, which conducts electricity. Meaning there was literality no ground for the electricity to escape out of her body, which would cause more damage than if she was on land.
    We won't agree. Honestly some of you are too permissive when it comes to this talks about power levels. You give a pass to things i would never allow. A high tier being affected by a mere electric wire. That would never happen on my watch. I have a completely different opinion about what a powerhouse should be.

high tension power lines like the ones showed in the movie can carry 66,000 volts. So i don't know where you got the 230.000 volts figure. Not to mention that jenkins said Cheetah was more powerful than WW. So the fact that she was easily KO by an electric wire is pathetic. And more pathetic is WW. Because it means that if she wasn't zeus child. That electric wire would have hurt her even worse than Cheetah, if we follow what jenkins said about cheetah's power level. WW84 was a big diusappointment in terms of power display.

Here's the one from the movie:

Attachment 109104

Here's a list of High Voltage Transmission Lines:

The one in the movie looks much closer to the 230 vK in my opinion. (also electrical currents are more lethal than voltage, so a voltage of 25 can kill a normal person if the current is high enough) But at this point, I've said all I've had to say on the matter. Plus this is getting off topic.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-30-2021 at 06:33 PM.

Here's the one from the movie:

Attachment 109104

Here's a list of High Voltage Transmission Lines:

The one in the movie looks much closer to the 230 vK in my opinion. (also electrical currents are more lethal than voltage) But at this point, I've said all I've had to say on the matter. Plus this is getting off topic.
    Yes. Let's agree to disagree. I won't ever think that a real powerhouse should be affected by an electric wire. So let's jus agree to disagree.

The real reason was that WW was losing. She was about to get killed by AQ. So Steve had to help. As she said herself. She needed a minute to recover when steve helped to get rid of AQ with the car. Poor wondy, is hard to be a weaklink when you have to face super humans and you are not good enough for the job.
    Please read what I'm actually responding to. The other guy was saying that the Steve Trevor car moment happened so that Aquaman could save face and his fans could say he would've won.

I was saying that the moment had nothing to do with aquaman fans. The point of the moment was that Steve was brave enough and cared enough about Diana to put himaelf in danger like that. Again, it had nothing to do with aquaman fans, which was the original claim someone made.

Since Marston. When she was seen doing planetary level feats.
    Your original claim was that Diana should have the durability of a god. I asked you since when. Can you show me a moment where Diana had the durability that only a god has?