Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    Yeah I really love the way Spencer writes MJ, and there needs to be something between MJ and Gwen/Ghost Spider. I assume Peter has told MJ about her. I really miss the old annual days when they had the "slice of life" type stories as I'd love to see a story about MJ and Gwen talking about the similarities and differences of them and their counterparts.
    I mean, it would probably be nice of Peter to tell her that a younger, alternate, version of her best friend is currently stuck in their universe so she doesn't just stumble into her...although he might've had other things on her mind and timeline-wise maybe MJ was gone when Gwen showed up in 616 on a more permanent basis?

That makes me think...physically Earth-65 Gwen isn't an exact match to 616 Gwen (although that sometimes depend on the artist) but does she have the same voice? But I guess that's probably muffled under the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it would probably be nice of Peter to tell her that a younger, alternate, version of her best friend is currently stuck in their universe so she doesn't just stumble into her...although he might've had other things on her mind and timeline-wise maybe MJ was gone when Gwen showed up in 616 on a more permanent basis?

That makes me think...physically Earth-65 Gwen isn't an exact match to 616 Gwen (although that sometimes depend on the artist) but does she have the same voice? But I guess that's probably muffled under the mask.
    Have they ever ID a hero thru voice before in comics?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I don't think so? There might be at least one example, but in-universe the mask is supposed to muffle the voice enough to where it's not recognizable which is why people who know Peter don't instantly recognize him as Spider-Man.

I don't think so either, but come to think of it I feel like it'd be a harder kind of thing to do in comics where you don't hear the voices for real. If it were a TV or movie adaptation doing something like that I could see that, and in a lot of the TV shows and movies they do stuff like that when he interacts with people he knows. Ultimate comics had a lot of people asking how old Peter was cause he sounds like a kid, and it works there for me because he's drawn super scrawny and smaller than pretty much everybody he's up against.

So...where are we going with this?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Poor Miles.

CRADLE, then his uncle dies, then he gets drags into Peter and Harry nonsense, then the Venom Nation attacks.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't think so either, but come to think of it I feel like it'd be a harder kind of thing to do in comics where you don't hear the voices for real. If it were a TV or movie adaptation doing something like that I could see that, and in a lot of the TV shows and movies they do stuff like that when he interacts with people he knows. Ultimate comics had a lot of people asking how old Peter was cause he sounds like a kid, and it works there for me because he's drawn super scrawny and smaller than pretty much everybody he's up against.
    I know Josh Keaton for sure tried to differentiate his Peter and Spider-Man voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Poor Miles.

CRADLE, then his uncle dies, then he gets drags into Peter and Harry nonsense, then the Venom Nation attacks.
    Not to mention his best friend potentially hooking up with his old love interest...

Spectacular Member

Super heroes voice changes when they put any kind of costumes on, think of Batman, Superman, Green Arrow, Flash...must be a secondary super powers everyone gets.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I have to imagine they do have similar sounding voices since it was actually a plot point in Clone Conspiracy that Peter got tricked by Spider-Gwen acting as her double.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

There has to be some differences between the two Gwen’s (even identical twins like the Olsens have minute differences). As far as Gwen and MJ are concerned, I am sure there will be a “Girl Talk” between the two of them and they will compare “War Stories” about Peter’s and Gwen will talk about 65 MJ and MJ talk about 616 Gwen. I also think it will be good for Gwen to have herself a friend to talk to about non superhero stuff like clothes, movies and music.

iMan 42s

They did mention once that Peter's voice is muffled enough people don't immediately recognize him. A few heroes and villains have over the years adopted explanations how nobody knows who they are by voice. Text-boxes can also be an indicator of someone sounding different. This is commonly used on Venom where a darker speech bubble can be indicative Venom sounding a bit more monstrous. The last time I remember this getting brought up however was Scarlet Spider where Kaine does sound different to Peter, but it's how he talks which indicates it's Kaine rather than how he sounds.

Given comics are a visual medium it's not something that really gets brought up because how would you convey that to an audience? People use speech bubbles but anyone talking normally and then suddenly a villain figuring out the identity is a cool idea, even a novel one. But since the reader isn't privy to the slip-up it can be a kind of awkward plot-point. It's why musical stories or characters singing can be a slog to get through since the reader has no idea how they're actually supposed to sound. The medium just can't portray that and so often it gets overlooked.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.