Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So why the solo sells so poorly? Old Cable is lot more popular
    Neither old Cable nor young Cable have sold all that well in recent years. Having said that, some of the best Cable runs didn’t necessarily have great sales either. Go back and check out the Casey/Ladronn run for example. Or the Soldier X series by Darko Macan and illustrated by Igor Kordey. I can remember those runs not selling super well due primarily to the non-traditional art styles of Ladronn and Kordey. But having gone back and re-read them more recently, I would put those runs up against just about anything X-related in the past twenty years.

When OG Cable comes back, I would love to see something along those lines which roots him firmly in the present day Marvel Universe as an adventurer and mutant freedom fighter. No more time cop crap please.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Casey/Ladronn was great . Feast for the senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Chaos King is so uninteresting that I haven’t got the faintest idea of who that even is. Ha.
    Ah, Mikaboshi.
    Greg Pak used him a lot in his Hercules stories. Had a brief event Chaos War about 10 yrs ago. Was a much more developed character than Knull, that's for sure

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    So why the solo sells so poorly? Old Cable is lot more popular
    When the last time cable even had a solo series? Or one that sold well? Even the last Cable & X-Force from years ago was the worst selling x-book at the time. Maybe you could try to argue they are bot not popular...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    When the last time cable even had a solo series? Or one that sold well? Even the last Cable & X-Force from years ago was the worst selling x-book at the time. Maybe you could try to argue they are bot not popular...
    Cable/Deadpool went on ad infinitum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    I can't believe they've run with teen Cable this long.

Even DC decided to junk their svelte teen Lobo.
    Didn't DC try to push the idea that Twink Lobo was the real deal and the Main Man just a faker? Marvel never tried to do that with Teen Cable. Hell, most of Duggan's writing of him seems to be trying to backpedal on Brisson's take on the character, to hammer home the point that this isn't the real Cable, culminating with him being humiliated in X of Swords. More than he has been, I mean, because at no point in the current era has the character been portrayed as positively as Brisson did. If anything, it's something that should theoretically please the more reactionary part of Cable's fans.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Ah, Mikaboshi.
    Greg Pak used him a lot in his Hercules stories. Had a brief event Chaos War about 10 yrs ago. Was a much more developed character than Knull, that's for sure
    You really think he was more developed? I did not think the Choas King was developed at all. Maybe in Hercules, but surely Choas War was a bigger disaster then King in Black, which is bad as well, but Chaos War was the worst of all crossovers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    You really think he was more developed? I did not think the Choas King was developed at all. Maybe in Hercules, but surely Choas War was a bigger disaster then King in Black, which is bad as well, but Chaos War was the worst of all crossovers.
    Chaos War? It's a thing that exist. Never heard anyone talking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Oh Chaos War was not good. But the character of Amatsu Mikaboshi? Yes, more than Knull.

Gah I want more Taki in this like 100% more
    GrindrStone(D)