Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Default Team Seven Infighting... with a twist

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how well the member of Naruto's Team 7 would do against one another circa the battle with Kaguya... if Naruto and Sasuke weren't allowed to use any of their unique power ups.

That is to say, no Kyuubi or Indra power ups, or any skills learned by using them for Naruto; he can still use his summons and senjutsu (though he starts with no nature chakra stored up for these fights), as the former was used to learn how to control Kurama's chakra rather than the other way around and the latter didn't initially mix well with Kurama's chakra (IIRC), but he can't use the Rasen Shuriken (as he explicitly needed to use Kurama's chakra to fuel his Kage Bunshin speed learning trick for that move). Similarly, Sasuke can't use any Sharingan/Rinnegan moves or his Asura power up, nor any cursed seal gimmicks if he still had any of those. I won't cancel out any skills he learned via the Sharingan move reading (if only because he arguably learned all his melee skills with that move once it came available and it would be difficult to really figure out what his skill set would be in that case), but he won't be able to use that move reading in the fight which should make Chidori notably less viable in combat.

Round 1) Naruto vs. Sasuke
    Round 2) Naruto vs. Sakura
    Round 3) Sasuke vs. Sakura
    Round 4) Naruto vs. Sasuke vs. Sakura

I'm not including Sai, mostly because I barely remember what his feats are, though feel free to comment on how well he or a Sharingan-less Kakashi would do against each of the original Team 7 Trio.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is honestly really difficult to suss out to be honest.

Naruto, for example, strictly speaking his base tactic from day one of "summon a bunch of clones," is only possible due to him pulling on Kurama's chakra reserves. Are we limiting him to only whatever his natural chakra would be? Because... well, for one thing that would be almost impossible to speculate on and for another it undermines almost every technique or combat encounter we've seen him take part in.

Sasuke without the Sharingan means he's got what... chidori...? Basic ninja moves? He can summon Madara and other snakes. That's about it. No teleports, no Amaterasu or Susanoo, no Tsukiyomi. He's got a sword and he's physically very capable. His Katon jutsu are quite strong because that's an Uchiha specialty. Kirin should still be possible for him I guess but it requires so much set up I don't think it's really combat viable.

I mean, it feels like Sakura cleans house easy? Sasuke beats Naruto because he's marginally less neutered by the terms of the encounter.

Swiss army nerd

I'd always thought Naruto had enormous chakra reserves of his own. In the fight with Neji, we see his own chakra be blocked, before the different chakra of the demon fox comes through, and he was pulling out a decent number of shadow clones. And again, when he's fighting Gaara, he pulls off some pretty great attacks before his own chakra runs out and he chooses to use the fox chakra. I think there's a weird overlap, he gets some ambient chakra from Kurama that makes him heal faster and tops up his chakra, but he has decent reserves of his own? Like Nik says, it's almost impossible to accurately draw a line on where Naruto's chakra actually is. A cursory google says there's a scene where it's stated Naruto's own chakra is about 4x kakashi's, but I'd need to read it in context.

*edit* Found the panels. After telling Naruto that he has 4x his own chakra, Kakashi says "If Yamato wasn't suppressing the nine tails chakra, it would be 100 times more."

I'm pretty comfortable giving Naruto the win over Sasuke with that, at least.
    Last edited by greatmetropolitan; 01-08-2021 at 09:51 AM. Reason: found source

ISTR it being said that the reason he was such a good container for Kurama was because he basically had Bijuu-level (though Kurama is basically in a league of his own, even compared to the other Bijuu) chakra by himself, ala Kisame.

Also, while Sasuke still has his Chidori, it specifically needs the Sharingan for full effectiveness since otherwise even Kakashi can't properly aim it at full speed so people can dodge it a lot easier than they would when it's complimented by Sharingan move reading.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 01-08-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This is honestly really difficult to suss out to be honest.

Naruto, for example, strictly speaking his base tactic from day one of "summon a bunch of clones," is only possible due to him pulling on Kurama's chakra reserves. Are we limiting him to only whatever his natural chakra would be? Because... well, for one thing that would be almost impossible to speculate on and for another it undermines almost every technique or combat encounter we've seen him take part in.

Sasuke without the Sharingan means he's got what... chidori...? Basic ninja moves? He can summon Madara and other snakes. That's about it. No teleports, no Amaterasu or Susanoo, no Tsukiyomi. He's got a sword and he's physically very capable. His Katon jutsu are quite strong because that's an Uchiha specialty. Kirin should still be possible for him I guess but it requires so much set up I don't think it's really combat viable.

I mean, it feels like Sakura cleans house easy? Sasuke beats Naruto because he's marginally less neutered by the terms of the encounter.
    My issue with Sakura cleaning house is speed. I don't know if Sakura is quick enough to survive a blitz from Sasuke/Naruto. If she can survive the blitz, than she has an advantage against Sasuke. Sasuke really doesn't have anything that can take her out and Sakura only needs one shot.

Naruto is a bad matchup. It seems very easy for Naruto to get into senjutsu mode. Once he is there, he doesn't need to be accurate with his punches to hit her. Also, Rasengen (and the allowed variants) are enough to take Sakura out. I can't see how Sakura wins (unless she can blitz Naruto).

However, if Sakura(or Sasuke) had any offensive Genjustu, Naruto dies hard under these circumstances. No feats of beating it without the Fox's help. But I don't recall any Genjustu feats for either of them.

Sakura at series endgame has full Senju Mark regen, right? I don't think they have anything big enough without their respective powerups to suggest that they could put her down even if they can blitz.

As you note, she's also astronomically physically stronger than both of them now. She only really needs to clip them to do debilitating damage and neither has any regen to speak of any more. Naruto could compete physically with her in Senjutsu mode but, without his Sage powerup, that requires him to have a clone meditating and charging Sage Energy which I don't think he has the space do that in an arena fight.

Also, OP says no Rasengan variants since he only got Rasenshuriken through farming clone training. He's got the basic one, maybe the Odama version as that's just BIG Rasengan. I don't think Sakua is going to be too fussed by it.

I am overwhelmed with happiness to see my beloved Sakura get the respect she deserves. She became stronger than one of the Sannin with nothing but hard work and training.

Sakura is supposed to have superspeed dodging ability, though I think her only real feat on that front involved at least some degree of assistance from Sasori's grandmother manipulating her with chakra puppet strings (though it was also flat out said in that scene that she had been specifically trained to specialize in dodging, IIRC). That said, she can also probably mess with rushes by demolishing the terrain with AOE ground pounds.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Naruto is decidedly more nerfed here than Sasuke, if only because it's trickier to decipher Naruto's stats and abilities without bringing Kurama into the mix. I'd even say it's a bit unfair to exclude the Rasenshuriken since that was a technique developed specifically so he'd have something to use without calling on Kurama's powers. Even without his sharingan and rinnegan, Sasuke is mad fast and with his snake summoning and mastery of raiton and katon I'd say that he's the most versatile fighter here while still also having more than enough oomph to get the job done.

Like, Sakura is obviously way stronger than Sasuke. But he's faster, has the range advantage and can do this with a chidori. Hell, he doesn't really need to use the regular chidori that's unsafe without the sharingan, just make his sword sharper with raiton chakra and slicey dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    and can do this with a chidori.
    I don't think we can afford him that level of destructive power in this thread since he definitely seemed to get a firepower boost from the Sage Powerup which that version Sasuke has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think we can afford him that level of destructive power in this thread since he definitely seemed to get a firepower boost from the Sage Powerup which that version Sasuke has.
    Possible.

Also just noticed that this is from around the Kaguya fight.

I still say that the slicey dicey lightning sword strat is a solid winner.

Extraordinary Member

Base Naruto has a really good durability feat in the Last, though I dunno if that's useable since it's after the point when this battle would take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Base Naruto has a really good durability feat in the Last, though I dunno if that's useable since it's after the point when this battle would take place.
    For the purpose of this fight I'm not going to allow it since we don't know if he got any boost in the timeskip, but feel free to comment on it as a separate fight.

On that same note, everyone can feel free to just comment on how allowing the Rasen Shuriken would change the fight as an aside, even if it won't affect the official fights.