Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked the Young Justice take on her as a cyborg/Android Lex modified/built.

I'd rather she be an actual person instead of a robot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Always liked Mercy. Maybe it's the "grass is always greener" situation but always thought she was the more fun character than her Batman counterpart, Harley.
    She's definitely less in-your-face compared to Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather she be an actual person instead of a robot though
    I don't know, Luthor would use hi-tech to be his bodyguard and/or assistant

https://twitter.com/talkingsuperman/...971378181?s=21

Enjoyed reading this thread about how Superman’s Rogues contrast with Supes at the base level.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather she be an actual person instead of a robot though.

She's definitely less in-your-face compared to Harley.
    Would you compromise with a cyborg? I liked how Azz had Lex create “Hope” as a “hero” he had total control over though. I’m not as particular about Mercy though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/talkingsuperman/...971378181?s=21

Enjoyed reading this thread about how Superman’s Rogues contrast with Supes at the base level.
    So Superman represents real journalism and Liverwire represents fake news, tabloids, and trash tv, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    So Superman represents real journalism and Liverwire represents fake news, tabloids, and trash tv, interesting.
    In the original she was a "shock jock" IE a pseudo journalist who may or may not bother with the truth. But yeah very tabloidy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    What do you guys think about Mercy (Graves) and Hope? I find myself liking them as Lex’s associates over others, but I wouldn’t want them pulling a Harley Quinn and being enamored with Lex.

I think they could make a comeback, but modified - Mercy Graves as a Metroplis hoodlum Lex has upgraded into a cyber-punk style bodyguard, and Mercy as an exiled Amazon enforcer.
    I think Mercy was a fine addition. I never saw their relationship as more business in the animated series than lovers. She just felt that he respected her more than he actually did. Interestingly it actually went somewhere in comparison to Harley as while Lex just saw her as a lap dog and basically gave her the company when he was outed as a criminal because he figured she'd give it back, and I don't think she ever really did, did she?

You know...just like Mercy, Livewire made it out of the show into comics, however unlike Livewire, Mercy is like Harley (connection to the arch villain). Do you feel that any of the other villains that were created for the show like Luminous or Volcana are worth jumping mediums?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Do you feel that any of the other villains that were created for the show like Luminous or Volcana are worth jumping mediums?
    Didn't Volcana already do that? Just not as interesting? IIRC they retconned her as an Apokoliptian.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Didn't Volcana already do that? Just not as interesting? IIRC they retconned her as an Apokoliptian.
    DID SHE? She definitely would have had to be changed as like Mr. Freeze, her sympathetic backstory only works once or twice (doesn't stop them from milking the cold miser though). They didn't even try to keep that consistent as the last time she showed up in that universe was as a one note baddie. I learned something new today.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think Terra Man is the real outlier there in terms of prominence then vs. now.
    Amalak seems like an odd one on that cover too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    DID SHE? She definitely would have had to be changed as like Mr. Freeze, her sympathetic backstory only works once or twice (doesn't stop them from milking the cold miser though). They didn't even try to keep that consistent as the last time she showed up in that universe was as a one note baddie. I learned something new today.
    Hmmm looking on the wiki.... I'm kinda confused. I'm not sure they're the same character... but they LOOK a lot alike.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Volcana_(New_Earth)
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Claire_Selton_(DCAU)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Toyman and Prankster both appear in FLASH #763 along side Trickster, Riddler, and Cluemaster.

ToymanPrankster.jpg

Toyman also got killed in that Grifter story in the Urban Legends Annual (I think he got killed?). Wonder if Bendis is still planning to use Schlott or if that’s been dropped. Glad to see Prankster popping around though, I just hope someone doesn’t get the “brilliant” idea to kill him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

How come whenever they introduce a new villain it never seems to stick? It just fades into nothing. Like we haven't seen Ulysses since forever

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    How come whenever they introduce a new villain it never seems to stick? It just fades into nothing. Like we haven't seen Ulysses since forever
    Nobody uses them. That’s the big problem. How many villains were great right off the bat? Mr. Freeze wasn’t. Prankster wasn’t. It took later writers coming back to the characters and going “there’s some potential here” and then showing said potential. Guys like Moore, Busiek, Johns, Rucka, and others, writers who want to try to make the “uncool” characters cool, are a rare breed. Most writers just go “Superman’s Rogues suck and I’m going to create my OCs who will totally be beloved”, and most of the time they’re simply abandoned when the next writer comes on board and treats those OCs with the same contempt as the rest of the Rogues.

Bloodsport has been dead since the 90s but since he’s in The Suicide Squad so it looks like they’re bringing him back in the comics and going to force writers to use him. Superman editors should be forcing writers to use Metallo, Parasite, or any of the other lesser known Rogues too because that’s how they get popular.

Need more group shots of Superman’s Rogues done officially

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-18-2021 at 07:08 PM.