Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Bloodsport is definitely going to have some cool toys

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Bizarro
    Bloodthirst
    Cyborg Superman
    Conduit
    Dev-Em

Doctor Stratos (an interesting story as to how this character started and ended. Naturally,I doubt anyone would mind if someone brought him back to be what he claimed- a god-like being with weather controlling powers)

Dreadnaught (and Psi-Phon...or should that be the other way around? lol)
    Equus
    Eradicator
    Galactic Golem
    Grax- a 4 armed alien and self appointed (?) 20th level intellect and sometimes competitor with Brainiac
    Hellgrammite- after his deal with Neron,being able to make others into lesser more subordinate versions of himself and imprisoning them in cocoons is rather creepy.
    Ignition- a cyborg-supposedly?- created by the Joker when he had Mxy's powers.

Kru-El :The first cousin once removed of Superman himself, and the black sheep of the House of El, who brought disgrace upon the family name by manufacturing an arsenal of forbidden weapons and unleashing them for a field-test upon Kryptonopolis. Kru-El was the first Kryptonian criminal to ever be imprisoned in the Phantom Zone, at the hands of his cousin Jor-El, and his weapons were sealed with the Phantom Zone Projector into a casket and launched into orbit around Krypton when punishments by incarceration in the Zone were discontinued. When Krypton exploded, the blast sent the casket containing the Projector and the weapons on a course towards Earth, providing the circumstances for them to be discovered by a naive Superboy.

Kryptonite Man
    Maaldor the Dark Lord
    Massacre
    Master Jailer

Obsession (a.k.a. "Mrs. Superman") Dana Dearden is obsessed with Superman causing her to make irrational decisions that could hurt herself and others.
    Magic Coins grant her powers of the gods Zeus, Hercules, Mercury, and Heimdall.
    Superhuman Strength: Strength of Hercules.
    Superhuman Speed: Speed of Mercury.
    Flight: Flight of Mercury.
    Electrokinesis: Lightning of Zeus.
    Superhuman Durability: Power of Zeus.
    Enhanced Vision: Sight of Heimdall.

Satanus:A lord of Hell who takes the form of human tabloid publisher Colin Thornton by day, while furtively seeking the corruption and damnation of souls and the downfall of humanity's greatest inspiration in Superman.

Zha-Vam: A construct made of clay, given intelligence and animate human form, and bequeathed a belt with tiles that allow selection of the various Greek gods' powers. Zha-Vam was given life by the Gods of Olympus to punish Superman centuries into the future for eclipsing the legends of their exploits with his own.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Incredible Member

Was rather surprised at just how many Kryptonian and cyborg villains he has had. And it's a little odd that he has so many magically powered villains and yet so few use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Was rather surprised at just how many Kryptonian and cyborg villains he has had. And it's a little odd that he has so many magically powered villains and yet so few use them.
    Old-school Zoners were often random mooks that were lucky to have names. Very few got re-used.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Old-school Zoners were often random mooks that were lucky to have names. Very few got re-used.
    Right. Would have to look up his name again but one was used because he used a horn from a Kryptonian rhino or something? lol

Last edited by Gaius; 04-05-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Was Justice after Waid’s Birthright origin or was it using Johns Secret Origin? Definitely using one of those two for Luthor.

I like Ross’ take on Toyman and the comparison between Brainiac and Kal is an interesting one there.

Bizarro is typical and works well.

I like Parasite’s origin, that’s a better way of tying him to greed than how Johns did in Secret Origin imo, but the goals are still too banal.

Metallo is too basic.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was Justice after Waid’s Birthright origin or was it using Johns Secret Origin? Definitely using one of those two for Luthor.

I like Ross’ take on Toyman and the comparison between Brainiac and Kal is an interesting one there.

I like Parasite’s origin, that’s a better way of tying him to greed than how Johns did in Secret Origin imo, but the goals are still too banal.

Metallo is too basic.
    I think Ross and Waid just take from the same pre-Crisis/Silver Age source of Lex and Clark being childhood friends. Though Smallville was on at the time, so there's that also.

Metallo gives me used car salesman with possible mob ties.

Atomic Skull and Kryptonite Man should definitely get more love and attention. I also wish they would stop mutating Parasite and stick with his original look. My other faves are Luthor, Darkseid, Zod, Braniac, and Bizarro. Not exactly Superman villains, but I love when he fights Solomon Grundy and Mongul. Mongul is borrowed from Green Lantern in the way Daredevil borrows Kingpin from Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Metallo is too basic.
    Justice is just straight-up Silver Age/Bronze Age continuity. It was an Alex Ross passion project and Ross tends to stay away from more modern stuff. Notice how he even references Parasite's real name as being Maxwell Jensen rather than Rudy Jones, even though there wasn't really a huge difference between Jensen and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton
    Mongul is borrowed from Green Lantern in the way Daredevil borrows Kingpin from Spider-Man.
    Other way around. Mongul's a Superman villain. Has been ever since DC Comics Presents #27 back in 1980. He only became a Green Lantern villain because they chose to sacrifice Coast City to his Warworld in a Superman story.
    Last edited by AdamFTF; 04-07-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Yeah I don’t mind sharing Mongul with GL (and I would gladly pawn Henshaw off on Hal), but his most famous story is a Superman one and I’m glad they’re focusing on the feud between Kal and Mongul again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Right. Would have to look up his name again but one was used because he used a horn from a Kryptonian rhino or something? lol
    And other weird stuff like Jewel Kryptonite.

Bloodsport is definitely going to have some cool toys

Instead of him having weapons teleported to him. His weapons will just transform. I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Instead of him having weapons teleported to him. His weapons will just transform. I dig it.
    Heh I didn’t realize it was the same weapon, good eye. That actually isn’t a bad way of handling his power come to think of it. In the comics I’d give him adaption weapons that configure themselves to hurt whatever he’s fighting, Gunn may be going for something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Other way around. Mongul's a Superman villain. Has been ever since DC Comics Presents #27 back in 1980. He only became a Green Lantern villain because they chose to sacrifice Coast City to his Warworld in a Superman story.
    Ah ok, my bad!