Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
Nolan's sensibilities lend themselves better to non-powered heroes and he's so obsessed with trying to push a novel concept through the most dreadfully dull lens that I just don't think he's the right fit for anything as ridiculous as Clark's world, nor as charming. He works best at less character-driven work with more stoic figures moving a theme along to the beat of a plot.

He'd be good at the Question, not Superman. My god, his Superman would bore me to tears.

Honestly, Taika Watiti may have a good Superman in him. He can handle big characters (Thor), he can do drama and humor simultaneously (JoJo Rabbit) and he generally knows how to take his characters seriously while still addressing how ridiculous but awesome it all is.

If nothing else, I'd love to hear his pitch. After Ragnarok, I'm certain it will be a pretty big swing and it would definitely be unique.

A more straightforward take would be by Jenkins, who after WW84 has lost a lot of the good will many placed in her, but if someone wants those Donner good vibes (I know you personally don't, but if someone does) she's the one for that job. Monster and WW still make me think she absolutely can do it, and I'm easier on 84 than most.

For a less wild than Waiting but still more mainstream take on the Man of Tomorrow--somewhere more in the middle-- I'm curious what Matthew Vaughn had planned for him.

So that's three. None of them are bulletproof but I'd listen to all three of them pitch. I didn't take any crazy pulls there, mostly some basic ones. There are tons of creators who can direct a rad Superman film.

Neil Gaiman is who I'd court for a script. I think he's secretly got a banger Superman script in his noggin somewhere.
You forget that the guy did inception.Also,Superman used to play by the cifi or 'realistic' sensibilites as well.why do think those limits existed?"faster than a locomotive" or "alien from the planet with higher gravity or alien physiology" things existed.Anyone who can portray batman as heroic zorro onscreen can pull of superman with ease.As there is no brooding involved.So nolan can do superman like a piece of cake.But,it won't the mainstream flying savior.

I am just not into taika's humor.In fact i have grown tired of quippy humor.Superheroes need other types of humor.Slapstick,satire,...etc anything really.It's why i am dreading these guys making a one punch man movie.They wouldn't get it.Hollywood sucks at making anime movies.

Jenkins would be good.But,i have grown tired of the flying savior as said.So,aping donner and those concepts is not what i want.Chris reeve superman or byrne is direct inverse of siegel's superman.
"A friend. That's what people really need most, they don't need a strong arm or a vigilante force."
I can't say i would like something that denies it's own very nature.Neil gaiman can pull off some of the out there wierd concepts.But,i guarantee i would get a flying heavenly savior father.why?because gaiman's superman i have read.This is what i get.I am not really into this.But i would say,it would atleast challenge me and entertain me like fullmetal alchemist or dante's inferno.

My only hope is someone with brad bird or someone like Steven Spielberg decides "**** it,i am gonna make silverage superman movie" for a family audience.Or Someone that can do an action movie .Vaughn would do alright as long as he treats superman like every other character.