Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Last edited by Vordan; 08-06-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I can’t believe that one of the best big screen Superman villains is in a movie without Superman

This scene was so f****** hype in the theater, people were going nuts!

DC needs to put Bloodsport and Superman in a book together. We need to see them go at it in a new Superman story with Bloodsport’s new costume! That brief Bloodsport vs. Ultraman fight was cool but I want more!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Bloodsport's Swiss army knife battle suit in the movie is certainly an upgrade I hope they give to the comic version. It made Robert way more formidable as a foe.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Bloodsport's Swiss army knife battle suit in the movie is certainly an upgrade I hope they give to the comic version. It made Robert way more formidable as a foe.
    They merged the two version. He has the movie suit but he can still teleport guns to himself. I kinda like him having both abilities, I’d actually make him a full blown limited range teleporter as well. They definitely need to give him his movie gun though and the slingshot gun as well! That was so cool!

Now the fanart is starting to come in!

This movie proves that Timm and Dini were full of it when they complained about Superman’s Rogues. Gunn doesn’t even like Superman all that much either but he was still able to make Bloodsport cool, they really have no excuse for how little they tried. I hope Bloodsport gets used on the animation side, either in the new shared universe or in MAWS.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This movie proves that Timm and Dini were full of it when they complained about Superman’s Rogues. Gunn doesn’t even like Superman all that much either but he was still able to make Bloodsport cool, they really have no excuse for how little they tried. I hope Bloodsport gets used on the animation side, either in the new shared universe or in MAWS.
    Good point; when written right, any of Superman's rogues can be made cool. That being said, it's damn shame General Zod, Prankster, Cyborg Superman, Dabney Donovan, Master Jailer, Insect Queen, Kryptonite Man, and Terra-Man never appeared in STAS. (I would have also said Ultra-Humanite, Atomic Skull, Mongul, Doomsday, Bloodsport, Morgan Edge, Silver Banshee, Puzzler, and Hellgrammite; but they showed up later in JL/ JLU)

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Good point; when written right, any of Superman's rogues can be made cool. That being said, it's damn shame General Zod, Prankster, Cyborg Superman, Dabney Donovan, Master Jailer, Insect Queen, Kryptonite Man, and Terra-Man never appeared in STAS. (I would have also said Ultra-Humanite, Atomic Skull, Mongul, Doomsday, Bloodsport, Morgan Edge, Silver Banshee, Puzzler, and Hellgrammite; but they showed up later in JL/ JLU)
    Heh, I suspect Zod wasn't used because they didn't want to compete with what were at the time relatively recent movies. And realistically, the Phantom zone plot device lends itself to having dozens of characters to pull from.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh Bloodsport's a Superman villain? I'm playing the mobile DC Legends and just got his character from the Suicide Squad promo banner, but I don't know who he is, and I don't really pay attention to the SS movie either.

He doesn't look like this though, he just wears an army-like pants and singlet, with ammo slung, and a bandana over the head for a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh Bloodsport's a Superman villain? I'm playing the mobile DC Legends and just got his character from the Suicide Squad promo banner, but I don't know who he is, and I don't really pay attention to the SS movie either.

He doesn't look like this though, he just wears an army-like pants and singlet, with ammo slung, and a bandana over the head for a mask.
    Yep that’s his “classic” look:

And his big feat is that he sent Supes to the hospital. He also killed a lot of people, which are both more than most Superman Rogues have accomplished. Poor Metallo’s never done that!

The biggest thing holding him back was his lousy costume. He actually has more “feats” than you’d expect from someone who was a “D-Lister” at best. It’s gratifying to see him blow up.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yep that’s his “classic” look:

And his big feat is that he sent Supes to the hospital. He also killed a lot of people, which are both more than most Superman Rogues have accomplished. Poor Metallo’s never done that!

The biggest thing holding him back was his lousy costume. He actually has more “feats” than you’d expect from someone who was a “D-Lister” at best. It’s gratifying to see him blow up.
    Heheh. I figured with that name and looks, he has to be a 90s character.

His Bio mentioned a brother who lost his arms, that's why he took arms, pun intended, and his emotion made him vulnerable to be used by Luthor. I'm guessing the Kryptonite gun was from him and it looks like Clark suspects as much.

Wait... he's the Idris Elba character? No wonder I don't recognize him. Elba carries a much different image.

I can't believe that Bloodsport got a live action debut before f*cking Brainiac. A movie with Brainiac as the main villain literally writes itself. I swear a .monkey can do a better job that the sh*theads in charge of WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I can't believe that Bloodsport got a live action debut before f*cking Brainiac. A movie with Brainiac as the main villain literally writes itself. I swear a .monkey can do a better job that the sh*theads in charge of WB.
    Well we had the Krypton Brainiac:

Personally I’m hoping they bring him back for S&L. The design was perfect and the actor was great.
    I’m rooting for it! Would definitely prefer a Bloodsport series over Peacemaker and Gunn has teased more DC projects coming.