Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Nolan's sensibilities lend themselves better to non-powered heroes and he's so obsessed with trying to push a novel concept through the most dreadfully dull lens that I just don't think he's the right fit for anything as ridiculous as Clark's world, nor as charming. He works best at less character-driven work with more stoic figures moving a theme along to the beat of a plot.

He'd be good at the Question, not Superman. My god, his Superman would bore me to tears.

Honestly, Taika Watiti may have a good Superman in him. He can handle big characters (Thor), he can do drama and humor simultaneously (JoJo Rabbit) and he generally knows how to take his characters seriously while still addressing how ridiculous but awesome it all is.

If nothing else, I'd love to hear his pitch. After Ragnarok, I'm certain it will be a pretty big swing and it would definitely be unique.

A more straightforward take would be by Jenkins, who after WW84 has lost a lot of the good will many placed in her, but if someone wants those Donner good vibes (I know you personally don't, but if someone does) she's the one for that job. Monster and WW still make me think she absolutely can do it, and I'm easier on 84 than most.

For a less wild than Waiting but still more mainstream take on the Man of Tomorrow--somewhere more in the middle-- I'm curious what Matthew Vaughn had planned for him.

So that's three. None of them are bulletproof but I'd listen to all three of them pitch. I didn't take any crazy pulls there, mostly some basic ones. There are tons of creators who can direct a rad Superman film.

Neil Gaiman is who I'd court for a script. I think he's secretly got a banger Superman script in his noggin somewhere.
    You forget that the guy did inception.Also,Superman used to play by the cifi or 'realistic' sensibilites as well.why do think those limits existed?"faster than a locomotive" or "alien from the planet with higher gravity or alien physiology" things existed.Anyone who can portray batman as heroic zorro onscreen can pull of superman with ease.As there is no brooding involved.So nolan can do superman like a piece of cake.But,it won't the mainstream flying savior.

I am just not into taika's humor.In fact i have grown tired of quippy humor.Superheroes need other types of humor.Slapstick,satire,...etc anything really.It's why i am dreading these guys making a one punch man movie.They wouldn't get it.Hollywood sucks at making anime movies.

Jenkins would be good.But,i have grown tired of the flying savior as said.So,aping donner and those concepts is not what i want.Chris reeve superman or byrne is direct inverse of siegel's superman.
    "A friend. That's what people really need most, they don't need a strong arm or a vigilante force."
    I can't say i would like something that denies it's own very nature.Neil gaiman can pull off some of the out there wierd concepts.But,i guarantee i would get a flying heavenly savior father.why?because gaiman's superman i have read.This is what i get.I am not really into this.But i would say,it would atleast challenge me and entertain me like fullmetal alchemist or dante's inferno.

My only hope is someone with brad bird or someone like Steven Spielberg decides "**** it,i am gonna make silverage superman movie" for a family audience.Or Someone that can do an action movie .Vaughn would do alright as long as he treats superman like every other character.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Nolan's sensibilities lend themselves better to non-powered heroes and he's so obsessed with trying to push a novel concept through the most dreadfully dull lens that I just don't think he's the right fit for anything as ridiculous as Clark's world, nor as charming. He works best at less character-driven work with more stoic figures moving a theme along to the beat of a plot.

He'd be good at the Question, not Superman. My god, his Superman would bore me to tears.

Honestly, Taika Watiti may have a good Superman in him. He can handle big characters (Thor), he can do drama and humor simultaneously (JoJo Rabbit) and he generally knows how to take his characters seriously while still addressing how ridiculous but awesome it all is.

If nothing else, I'd love to hear his pitch. After Ragnarok, I'm certain it will be a pretty big swing and it would definitely be unique.

A more straightforward take would be by Jenkins, who after WW84 has lost a lot of the good will many placed in her, but if someone wants those Donner good vibes (I know you personally don't, but if someone does) she's the one for that job. Monster and WW still make me think she absolutely can do it, and I'm easier on 84 than most.

For a less wild than Waiting but still more mainstream take on the Man of Tomorrow--somewhere more in the middle-- I'm curious what Matthew Vaughn had planned for him.

So that's three. None of them are bulletproof but I'd listen to all three of them pitch. I didn't take any crazy pulls there, mostly some basic ones. There are tons of creators who can direct a rad Superman film.

Neil Gaiman is who I'd court for a script. I think he's secretly got a banger Superman script in his noggin somewhere.
    Yeah, think there's a critique across Nolan's films is that his main characters usually come across as cold or distant. That's not an unreasonable way to tackle Batman (or at least his modern incarnation) but I think even among Nolan trilogy diehards, Batman is usually lost in the shuffle to other characters and I say this as someone who likes Bale's Batman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, think there's a critique across Nolan's films is that his main characters usually come across as cold or distant. That's not an unreasonable way to tackle Batman (or at least his modern incarnation) but I think even among Nolan trilogy diehards, Batman is usually lost in the shuffle to other characters and I say this as someone who likes Bale's Batman.
    There's a lot to like in his Batman movies but he's just a terrible choice for Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam or any character that gets by on charisma and optimism.

Who would be a great Metallo or Briainiac?

Just kill me now.
    Whats your preferred method? XD

Come on man. I would have preferred Brad Bird myself but what can you do

For years I want to see Matthew Vaughn take on Superman, mostly because he wants to make a movie about Superman. He also is a very talented director, who proved he can make a good action movie, with good and fun character interactions, like he did with Layer Cake, Kick-Ass, Stardust and Kingsman.

Other director I would like to see is Julius Avery, Overlord is one of my favorite movies from the past years. When JJ Abrams was announced as producing the next Superman movie, part of me hoped he would bring Avery into the project.

And is crazy to think about how WB passed on Henry Cavill and Christopher McQuarrie pitch, I really think they could do something really good together.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    For years I want to see Matthew Vaughn take on Superman, mostly because he wants to make a movie about Superman. He also is a very talented director, who proved he can make a good action movie, with good and fun character interactions, like he did with Layer Cake, Kick-Ass, Stardust and Kingsman.

Other director I would like to see is Julius Avery, Overlord is one of my favorite movies from the past years. When JJ Abrams was announced as producing the next Superman movie, part of me hoped he would bring Avery into the project.

And is crazy to think about how WB passed on Henry Cavill and Christopher McQuarrie pitch, I really think they could do something really good together.
    Overlord was such a good time, and while it's nothing like Superman it's very creative and I'd be willing to hear that pitch. If nothing else, he knew how to make those characters likable even when you knew most of them were going to get ground up and spit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Metallo - Michael Fassbender

Brainiac - Patrick Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Metallo - Michael Fassbender

Brainiac - Patrick Stewart
    Fassbender is actually my choice for Brainiac.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder how they will look like on the new show

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Metallo - Sam Worthington: He'd make a great John Corben and soldier.

Brainiac - Billy Zane: He has a great villain voice. The best Brainiac look would be the DCAU look from the 90s. I'd cast Cillian Murphy to play Milton Fine. The human, turned green skinned Brainiac. After the machine one is terminated.

I wonder how they will look like on the new show
    Holt said Whisper D’Aire and Mannheim will be the starter villains so it looks like Intergang will be the starting Big Bad

Superman’s finally getting Intergang back which is nice. I’m pleasantly surprised at all the deep dives into Superman Rogues lately in outside media. S&L using Atom Man (no doubt because of Smashes the Klan) and now this cartoon using these guys. It’s nice to not have everything revolve around Lex much as I like him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Intergang always felt like a smart move to me - an excuse to beef up no-name thugs as minimal-but-still-dangerous threats so Superman could get “fed” some enemies and victories without making any regular rouges gallery look bad.

Everyone needs a jabroni.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Intergang always felt like a smart move to me - an excuse to beef up no-name thugs as minimal-but-still-dangerous threats so Superman could get “fed” some enemies and victories without making any regular rouges gallery look bad.

Everyone needs a jabroni.
    I really like the idea of them: An organization full of metas and wielding evil god tech forged in hell is “just” an organized crime syndicate in Metropolis, that’s perfect for Superman lol.