Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bloodsport with all the weapons .
    Really bummed it seems like DC isn’t going to do anything with him. Why not make a Bloodsport mini instead of a King Shark/Peacemaker one? Retell his first confrontation with Superman!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really bummed it seems like DC isn’t going to do anything with him. Why not make a Bloodsport mini instead of a King Shark/Peacemaker one? Retell his first confrontation with Superman!
    He's still in Suicide Squad, right? So that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's still in Suicide Squad, right? So that's something.
    True but Peacemaker got an HBO Max series and King Shark got a mini! Give DuBois one of those two at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

True but Peacemaker got an HBO Max series and King Shark got a mini! Give DuBois one of those two at least.
    Fair. Gunn's working on more DC shows so maybe one is a spinoff with him, but I feel like part of that is not wanting to continue too far into the ending TSS with the Squad getting their "happy ending."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is GREAT!

I agree. I came out of TSS way more interested in him than Peacemaker. I like the latter but I fear DC is going to shill him until we are sick of him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I agree. I came out of TSS way more interested in him than Peacemaker. I like the latter but I fear DC is going to shill him until we are sick of him.
    Personally I think the Peacemaker show will flop hard and that will be a one off. Still hoping there’s something in the works for Bloodsport.

Love this scene.

Personally I think the Peacemaker show will flop hard and that will be a one off. Still hoping there’s something in the works for Bloodsport.
    I don't think it will flop. I think it will start off strong and then fizzle out because Peacemaker doesn't have enough material to keep a long running show. Unless they bring in guest stars from the greater DCU and even then.

PM only really works when you focus on how much of a nut job he is. He doesn't have Frank Castle's sympathetic side and code of honor, PM is just fucked up, mentally broken and does terrible things based on a half baked philosophy. The show seems to hint that they will show a sympathetic side to him which I hope is mostly a fake out until they can show how much of a bloodthirsty psychopath he really is.

I kind of hope the 'Superman & Lois' brings in their own version of Bloodsport and tell their version of him sending Superman to the ICU and expand on his bacsktory. No way they can afford Idris and it's a different universe anyway so they can recast.

Love it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't think it will flop. I think it will start off strong and then fizzle out because Peacemaker doesn't have enough material to keep a long running show. Unless they bring in guest stars from the greater DCU and even then.

PM only really works when you focus on how much of a nut job he is. He doesn't have Frank Castle's sympathetic side and code of honor, PM is just fucked up, mentally broken and does terrible things based on a half baked philosophy. The show seems to hint that they will show a sympathetic side to him which I hope is mostly a fake out until they can show how much of a bloodthirsty psychopath he really is.

I kind of hope the 'Superman & Lois' brings in their own version of Bloodsport and tell their version of him sending Superman to the ICU and expand on his bacsktory. No way they can afford Idris and it's a different universe anyway so they can recast.
    Oh I don’t mean “flop” in terms of quality, I mean flop in terms of who is going to watch a Peacemaker show? Maybe I’ll be proved wrong but he certainly didn’t end up in a likeable spot where people would want to follow his adventures.

I know there was an Arrowverse Bloodsport and I certainly wouldn’t mind if they reused or recasted him.