Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Superman Villains Appreciation 2021

So here we can talk about Superman rogues. Which ones your favourite? Which one do you want to see more of? Which one do you want for it to return? Ect

Sound off

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Luthor, Zod and Brainiac get all the love but goddammit if Parasite isn't untapped potential.

A lot of people **** on Clark's villains but they're pretty solid and rife with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Luthor, Zod and Brainiac get all the love but goddammit if Parasite isn't untapped potential.

A lot of people **** on Clark's villains but they're pretty solid and rife with potential.
    Really? What exactly haven't they done with Parasite yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

In agreement with you about Parasite having potential...

And speaking of potential, I feel the same way about Metallo (John Corben):

I also believe Gog has potential, as well...

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-08-2021 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Really? What exactly haven't they done with Parasite yet?
    I mean, I like Parasite, but It seems to me like he has that one story you can tell with him, and the everything else is just repeating it.

Guys...we literally only seen like 2 or 3 Superman villains in the movies. Seriously this is not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Guys...we literally only seen like 2 or 3 Superman villains in the movies. Seriously this is not ok.
    The strangest thing is that Superman III's story could've easily used Branic, and Superman IV could've easily used Bizarro without major changes to either film. Not that I dislike Nuclear man
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-08-2021 at 05:20 AM.

Incredible Member

after so many years in limbo , dominus is back messing with reality. Did always say that he's a cosmic being that should be beyond superman to handle.

How did Superman beat him in the first place?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    How did Superman beat him in the first place?
    some krytopnian medatitve mumbo jumbo crap where supes end up on krypton and use the phantom zone ray on him

Last edited by marshal88; 01-08-2021 at 10:14 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Superman anime! make it happen wb!
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]In agreement with you about Parasite having potential...

My favorite villain.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]In agreement with you about Parasite having potential...
    Ah Parasite and Metallo, the two villains that more than anything could really use some love. Both have a ton of really great and interesting concepts baked into each that have yet to truly be explored. Metallo as a “Superman” for the military and Parasite as an energy vampire who absorbs not only the life force but also the memories or even the physical forms of the people he eats. If I was ever lucky enough to write Superman, those are the two I’d want to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, I like Parasite, but It seems to me like he has that one story you can tell with him, and the everything else is just repeating it.
    I’d disagree mainly because Parasite stories usually just focus on gluttony and him eating everything in sight. But he has the potential to be so much more in the right hands.

I envision a Parasite that takes a much more intelligent, much more horror based story. Basically Superman meets Salem’s Lot by Stephen King with a little of the [PROTOTYPE] video game as well.

The real emotional core of the story cuts to the heart of the Superman mythos. Clark believes that deep down the majority of people are good. If you stand tall and give them an example, people will generally act like heroes themselves. Parasite however proposes a different take. He feeds on people and takes everything from them: their memories, their skills, their powers, their souls. He can see peoples hearts and what he finds is that most of them are petty, selfish, close minded people that harbor dark thoughts they keep hidden, sometimes even from themselves. So he sneers at Clark’s beliefs and outright tells him about some of the stuff he’s read in people who seemed “upstanding”.

Ultimately Superman can’t get near Parasite for reasons I’ll keep to myself since I’m still working on it, so he has to take on an Oracle like role for a group of five citizens who have the ability to take Parasite down. But those five people are tempted by Parasite to give up in exchange for desires they’ve suppressed deep within, desires Parasite knows about and can fulfill if they’ll just stop aiding Supes. So it’s a story about whether Superman’s faith in the goodness of humanity is justified or not. I think something like that is well worth exploring, especially right now.

That sounds interesting. The first photo you attached is incredible, I had never seen Parasite like that

Yeah unfortunately neither Metallo nor Parasite have had a great design (although I do love the Kuder Parasite design when he’s thin):

James Robinson, Aaron Kuder, and Kurt Busiek all did great work with Parasite.

Busiek mentioned a while back that he had a great big Brainiac pitch and that Parasite had a role in it, although he said he’d probably only do it as a movie. Sadly I doubt he’ll ever get the chance even though I’d take a Busiek movie script over any of the usual Hollywood hacks in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-08-2021 at 11:33 PM.