Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What about Toyman?
    Supergirl used him so I don’t know if that affects S&L ability to use him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Supergirl used him so I don’t know if that affects S&L ability to use him.
    So far, Lex Luthor and Mr. Mxyzptlk are the only villains to appear "Post-Crisis" in Supergirl, and Winslow Schott/ Toyman is still deceased (so they may use Jacqueline Nimball instead).

Wherever or not they, Livewire, Silver Banshee, Parasite, Manchester Black, Hellgrammite, Reaction, Master Jailer, or Metallo will appear in S&L is anyone's guess.

if he was green he'd look a lot like in DCAU

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Man I think that’s my favorite look for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I think that’s my favorite look for him.
    Hard to go wrong with a flaming skull in an Iron Man suit.

Probably would’ve been better than BvS, dunno how I feel. We’ve come so close to seeing Brainiac multiple times on the film side only for it not to happen. Really hope he shows up in S&L.

I just don't know what to say anymore man. We were THIS close to see Brainiac and Superman battle. All of this just proves that Nolan should have let his ego aside and should have done Man Of Steel himself.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I just don't know what to say anymore man. We were THIS close to see Brainiac and Superman battle. All of this just proves that Nolan should have let his ego aside and should have done Man Of Steel himself.
    I don't think Nolan was it either, fam.

I mean, I think anyone would want out after three big superhero blockbusters. Especially since he wasn't even sure if he wanted to do Rises.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't think Nolan was it either, fam.
    Better than Snyder though.

Better than Snyder though.
    Just kill me now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Just kill me now.
    Ok.Who can write or direct superman then?People point out this guy can't do superman or that guy.I have never seen anyone say who can.When a guy that does cater to those things do it.It's same old shtick.Which doesn't break any barriers of thought or reason.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-10-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok.Who can write or direct superman then?People point out this guy can't do superman or that guy.I have never seen anyone say who can.When a guy that does cater to those things do it.It's same old shtick.Which doesn't break any barriers of thought or reason.
    Nolan's sensibilities lend themselves better to non-powered heroes and he's so obsessed with trying to push a novel concept through the most dreadfully dull lens that I just don't think he's the right fit for anything as ridiculous as Clark's world, nor as charming. He works best at less character-driven work with more stoic figures moving a theme along to the beat of a plot.

He'd be good at the Question, not Superman. My god, his Superman would bore me to tears.

Honestly, Taika Watiti may have a good Superman in him. He can handle big characters (Thor), he can do drama and humor simultaneously (JoJo Rabbit) and he generally knows how to take his characters seriously while still addressing how ridiculous but awesome it all is.

If nothing else, I'd love to hear his pitch. After Ragnarok, I'm certain it will be a pretty big swing and it would definitely be unique.

A more straightforward take would be by Jenkins, who after WW84 has lost a lot of the good will many placed in her, but if someone wants those Donner good vibes (I know you personally don't, but if someone does) she's the one for that job. Monster and WW still make me think she absolutely can do it, and I'm easier on 84 than most.

For a less wild than Waiting but still more mainstream take on the Man of Tomorrow--somewhere more in the middle-- I'm curious what Matthew Vaughn had planned for him.

So that's three. None of them are bulletproof but I'd listen to all three of them pitch. I didn't take any crazy pulls there, mostly some basic ones. There are tons of creators who can direct a rad Superman film.

Neil Gaiman is who I'd court for a script. I think he's secretly got a banger Superman script in his noggin somewhere.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-11-2021 at 12:09 AM.