Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been a female team of villains yet, from the silver age until today? (or is that considered more for Kara's gallery?)
    No, actually I don’t even know if Clark has enough female villains to field a team, that’s why I always encourage more. The only female villains who seem to have stuck around are Livewire, Faora, and Silver Banshee.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there been a female team of villains yet, from the silver age until today? (or is that considered more for Kara's gallery?)
    Closest thing would be the Furies from Apocalypse. Even with them, Supes shares them with Orion, Barda and Mister Miracle. Supes is more popular than the New Gods and his books were used to springboard the Fourth World back in the 70s. Plus, they've been recurring characters in media featuring Superman. I guess they are fair game. It's a shame, TPTB don't do much with many of the New God characters.

Amazing Grace - Hypnotism and Illusions
    Bernadeth - Pyro Knife
    Bloody Mary - Apokolipitian Vampire
    Gilotina - Piercing Fists
    Knockout - Enhanced strength
    Lashina - Electric whips
    Mad Harriet - Claws
    Stompa - Graviton boots and enhanced strength
    Volcana - Pyrokinetic

BANNED

Don't forget Blaze, the daughter of Shazam.
    But I guess she wasn't full-time Superman villain,
    Jason Fabok draw Blaze pretty well in Batman the Dark Knight.

Isn't Blaze and Satanus Superman villains?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Isn't Blaze and Satanus Superman villains?
    Last time either showed up was what, the pre-Infinite Crisis era?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Last time either showed up was what, the pre-Infinite Crisis era?
    See ? This is what I'm talking about putting a stop to the luthors and Zods for moment. We REALLY need to expand Superman villains.

See ? This is what I'm talking about putting a stop to the luthors and Zods for moment. We REALLY need to expand Superman villains.
    They have it’s just that instead we’re getting a bunch of OCs (and Mongul which I’m actually happy about).

They have it’s just that instead we’re getting a bunch of OCs (and Mongul which I’m actually happy about).
    Look the villains we already have need some exposure. Like, has anyone done anything about Prankster? Metallo? Parasite?

Look the villains we already have need some exposure. Like, has anyone done anything about Prankster? Metallo? Parasite?
    Prankster - Venditti did some minor stuff with him in Man of Tomorrow. It was ok.

Metallo - Nothing.

Parasite - Nothing.

BANNED

Zod is currently more or less an ally in Bendis's run, and if PKJ kept that thread, we should have a more interesting villain cast,
    that being said, Bendis's villain cast for Superman was not good, all I remember was Rogol Zaar, Mongol, and Synmar.

Prankster - Venditti did some minor stuff with him in Man of Tomorrow. It was ok.

Metallo - Nothing.

Parasite - Nothing.
    See what I mean? These guys really need some character development. We have yet to have memorable stories with them.

Incredible Member

Metallo - Nothing.

Parasite - Nothing.
    Last time I ever cared for Prankster was Pre-New 53 when Kurt Buisek re-imagined him as a "distraction-for-hire".
    The last time I cared about Metallo was when Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison were re-imagining him as a "favorite son" of General Sam Lane. New 52 also tried to make him more of an anti-hero (the keyword is "tried").
    My biggest problem with Parasite is that they keep changing the character round. So far we've had 4 Parasites (Raymond Maxwell Jenson, Rudy Jones, Alex and Alexandra Allstron; and Finally New 52's Joshua Michael Allen) and there's little to no difference in powers/ abilities or backgrounds in general (all down-in-dump-losers who get given a terrible power).

Which villains need some rework, besides Parasite?

Incredible Member

Metallo's the first that comes to mind. Everything is already there to make him a truly major villain instead of a recurring mook, he just needs a big storyline.

Incredible Member

Which villains need some rework, besides Parasite?
    Personally I think Atomic Skull, Prankster, Terra-Man, Barrage, Equus, Hellgrammite, Insect Queen, Loophole, and Puzzler need a second chance to shine.