Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Which villains need some rework, besides Parasite?
    Metallo and Terra-Man are the two I think could be really cool under the right circumstances and given proper revamps.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Personally I think Atomic Skull, Prankster, Terra-Man, Barrage, Equus, Hellgrammite, Insect Queen, Loophole, and Puzzler need a second chance to shine.
    This Puzzler?
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Valerie_V...en_(New_Earth)
    Hmmm she certainly has potential.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Metallo and Terra-Man are the two I think could be really cool under the right circumstances and given proper revamps.
    The animated LOSH series gave us a great Terra-Man. Move him to the present and you have a good bounty hunter tag-team dynamic if you add Lobo.

The LOSH’s interpretation of Imperiex is also superior to the one we got in the comics.

I would like to have Kell-El be added to the canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    The animated LOSH series gave us a great Terra-Man. Move him to the present and you have a good bounty hunter tag-team dynamic if you add Lobo.

The LOSH’s interpretation of Imperiex is also superior to the one we got in the comics.
    Yep I brought up that incarnation before. I don’t think the specific origin needs to be taken (he was basically a Terminator), but his treatment as a serious threat and his stone cold killer attitude is definitely something I’d like to see incorporated into a mainstream take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This Puzzler?
    Yep, that's the one!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This Puzzler?
    The original Golden Age Puzzler was fixated on games (odd for a guy named "Puzzler". And the Riddler was fixated on puzzles rather than riddles back then too. But anyway . . . ). His big plan was famously to challenge Superman to a game of checkers. If they expanded on the current Puzzler, would she maybe stage crimes based on modern board games? Like maybe they couldn't directly reference stuff like Catan or Ticket to Ride or whatever, but they could maybe come up with stuff based on game mechanics like worker placement or card drafting or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The original Golden Age Puzzler was fixated on games (odd for a guy named "Puzzler". And the Riddler was fixated on puzzles rather than riddles back then too. But anyway . . . ). His big plan was famously to challenge Superman to a game of checkers. If they expanded on the current Puzzler, would she maybe stage crimes based on modern board games? Like maybe they couldn't directly reference stuff like Catan or Ticket to Ride or whatever, but they could maybe come up with stuff based on game mechanics like worker placement or card drafting or something.
    Enh boardgame genres have expanded to the point you can easily mix aspects of multiple games to make a fictional one.

Just discovered this villain Demolitia, she seems cool

Last edited by Mutant God; 03-13-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Just discovered this villain Demolitia, she seems cool

Is she a villain? seems more like a wannabe hero who has no idea how to hero right. Neat idea though.

Extraordinary Member

Yep I brought up that incarnation before. I don’t think the specific origin needs to be taken (he was basically a Terminator), but his treatment as a serious threat and his stone cold killer attitude is definitely something I’d like to see incorporated into a mainstream take.
    I’d have his origin resemble Erron Black from Mortal Kombat, but swapping out Outworld for Outer Space... and maybe going hard into all the background references you could for fun.

Make him the Terran with No Name, originally an experienced 1880s outlaw who disappeared while being pursued by Jonah Hex, wound up being picked up by some aliens who have found humans to be competent henchmen, and got modified by alien tech to become a nearly immortal, shielded, moderately cybernetic space outlaw with a superhuman fast draw and a high powered but low ammo weapons.

Though, for the fun of it, I might keep the idea he’s an old-fashioned outlaw - he pops up on Earth to steal its growing amount fo valuable tech and resources (Brainiac tech, Kryptonite, etc.) and is more intent on escaping “town” before Superman can catch him. And maybe have him treat Lobo the same way he treated Hex - a person he will do insane things to escape.

Ideally, though, he’s be excellent cartoon addition, if you got a good enough voice actor who could have some fun hamming it up with the portrayal.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    For all the problems with its take on Clark, Shannon is definitely my favorite Zod. DC taking cues from the movie on how to design Zod was a good thing:

I do love that they said “**** it” and just gave him a big old Z. I’m sure someone will say it’s based on an ancient Kryptonian symbol for fear

For all the problems with its take on Clark, Shannon is definitely my favorite Zod. DC taking cues from the movie on how to design Zod was a good thing:

I do love that they said “**** it” and just gave him a big old Z. I’m sure someone will say it’s based on an ancient Kryptonian symbol for fear
    Yeah, I found it a bit odd when Shannon was announced as Zod but I thought he did the role well. His extended "suicide by cop" routine was one of the things I like about the third act.

I tend to find it amusing modern Zod in the comics just looks a roided up Terrance Stamp but in Shannon's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I found it a bit odd when Shannon was announced as Zod but I thought he did the role well. His extended "suicide by cop" routine was one of the things I like about the third act.

I tend to find it amusing modern Zod in the comics just looks a roided up Terrance Stamp but in Shannon's armor.
    Stamp’s appearance + Shannon’s armor and characterization is the way to go imo