Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I'm thinking about the Bizarro World in general,
    Bizarro was one of the main characters in Redhood and Outlaw,
    he defeated Trigon and became king of hell or something,
    but my point is, maybe DC think Bizarro World as a concept is too silver age-ish for DC,
    in that case they should update it to be more like the version in All Star Superman or something else,
    I just thought that concept should be used more.
    Also Doomsday seems to appear a lot more than Bizarro now in the Superman comics for some reason.
    I agree, I love Bizarroworld. Yang used it over in his Terrifics run, wish we could’ve seen his take on it in the main books, maybe it will pop up in Batman/Superman. Part of their reluctance to use it may be because they don’t want to “confuse” readers by using two different takes on Bizarro at the same time too often. As for Doomsday, only Jurgens really used him (obviously due to Jurgens creating him and BvS using him at the same time). Since Rebirth I don’t think he’s shown up again? Could be wrong but he hasn’t shown up under Bendis.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-19-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree, I love Bizarroworld. Yang used it over in his Terrifics run, wish we could’ve seen his take on it in the main books, maybe it will pop up in Batman/Superman. Part of their reluctance to use it may be because they don’t want to “confuse” readers by using two different takes on Bizarro at the same time too often. As for Doomsday, only Jurgens really used him (obviously due to Jurgens creating him and BvS using him at the same time). Since Rebirth I don’t think he’s shown up again? Could be wrong but he hasn’t shown up under Bendis.
    Not the original Doomsday, but related characters in some form,
    I think Bendis created a House of Doomsday for New Krypton in Legion of Superheroes,
    and in House of El, we saw the Red King use a lot of Doomsdays,
    maybe it's just Doomsday has a cool design and Death of Superman has such a big impact,
    I mean even Morrison used Doomsday serum in All Star Superman and Super-Doom in his Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Not the original Doomsday, but related characters in some form,
    I think Bendis created a House of Doomsday for New Krypton in Legion of Superheroes,
    and in House of El, we saw the Red King use a lot of Doomsdays,
    maybe it's just Doomsday has a cool design and Death of Superman has such a big impact,
    I mean even Morrison used Doomsday serum in All Star Superman and Super-Doom in his Action Comics.
    I can’t lie man: I definitely want to know more about the background of these guys

Doomsday/his descendants becoming an ally of House El sounds pretty cool storywise. And yeah part of his popularity is that he’s the guy who killed Superman, that has made him iconic. So he’ll never be gone forever. I don’t think he’s great myself, but if he has to stick around I hope someone eventually does something I enjoy with him. Pak came close in Doomed.

You ever read the Superman 2000 pitch and what they envisioned for Bizarro? Morrison salvaged some ideas for All-Star but the basic pitch of Bizarro being ambassador for this sentient planet eater which tries to mimic what it wants to eat but does so imperfectly was brilliant I thought.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

From today’s issue of Red & Blue:

It’s so funny to me how the tusks from New 52 Doomsday have stuck with the character. I guess it’s because they give him a fairly unique visual that you don’t usually see used.

BANNED

I can’t lie man: I definitely want to know more about the background of these guys

Doomsday/his descendants becoming an ally of House El sounds pretty cool storywise. And yeah part of his popularity is that he’s the guy who killed Superman, that has made him iconic. So he’ll never be gone forever. I don’t think he’s great myself, but if he has to stick around I hope someone eventually does something I enjoy with him. Pak came close in Doomed.

You ever read the Superman 2000 pitch and what they envisioned for Bizarro? Morrison salvaged some ideas for All-Star but the basic pitch of Bizarro being ambassador for this sentient planet eater which tries to mimic what it wants to eat but does so imperfectly was brilliant I thought.
    I guess Doomsday as an ally of Superman can be interesting.
    Yes, the pitch by Morrison is really interesting, I find the part about Bizzaro World being a cosmic predator quite interesting,
    considering Superman mythos really looks into the cosmic predators, sort of,
    we have Sun Eaters, Brainiac, Mongul, Mr Mxyzptk, and all that, Bizarro World could be an interesting addition.

From today’s issue of Red & Blue:

It’s so funny to me how the tusks from New 52 Doomsday have stuck with the character. I guess it’s because they give him a fairly unique visual that you don’t usually see used.
    Is that Amazo?

Morrison writing Ultra-Humanite has me excited as hell! Was always odd that Humanite was left out of Action given that run’s focus on bringing back a lot of the Golden Age take, yet the first supervillain never appeared. I’m interested to see the two clash again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is that Amazo?
    Might be the Silver Age Kryptonite Man given the rest are Superman Rogues.

Morrison writing Ultra-Humanite has me excited as hell! Was always odd that Humanite was left out of Action given that run’s focus on bringing back a lot of the Golden Age take, yet the first supervillain never appeared. I’m interested to see the two clash again!

Might be the Silver Age Kryptonite Man given the rest are Superman Rogues.
    I'm digging that UH redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I'm digging that UH redesign.
    I thought it was the coolest he’s ever looked myself:

I thought it was the coolest he’s ever looked myself:
    Yeah, I wasn't as much of a fan of his head looking like a butt. Now he looks smart and like he could take on Superman in a fist fight.

I definitely prefer it to New 52 Ultra-Humanite.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I definitely prefer it to New 52 Ultra-Humanite.
    Lol which one? Earth 2 or Pak’s horror Lovecraftian take? I enjoyed that Pak story but I must admit, I think it would’ve made for a better OC villain than a new take on Humanite.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Who's Mister Infinity Stones in the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Who's Mister Infinity Stones in the corner?
    Metallo with different types of Kryptonite.