Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's basically donner movie zod design with a lack of glitter,instead of pads and stuff.

I Kinda admire that in a person.The capacity to be truley themselves,faults and all infront of the world.Even the uglyness.
    It's certainly reminiscent of it, yes. That much is obvious. It goes a lot further than Donner in making him look like an absolute tool, though, which is why I love it.

As to the other part, to each their own. I can't admire someone who sees the ugliness in their soul and embraces it rather than seeing it as a potential for growth. Perhaps it's different where you're from, but over here "being real" is usually short for being an ******* and trying to feel good about it. It's also often used by bigots to justify their beliefs.

Owning your faults is one thing but people who refuse to try and overcome them don't deserve admiration.
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-26-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hello new favorite General Zod design. He just looks like the most smug douche. I love it.
    The white line going down the crotch is what seals the "douche" title.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's certainly reminiscent of it, yes. That much is obvious. It goes a lot further than Donner in making him look like an absolute tool, though, which is why I love it.

As to the other part, to each their own. I can't admire someone who sees the ugliness in their soul and embraces it rather than seeing it as a potential for growth. Perhaps it's different where you're from, but over here "being real" is usually short for being an ******* and trying to feel good about it. It's also often used by bigots to justify their beliefs.

Owning your faults is one thing but people who refuse to try and overcome them don't deserve admiration.
    Is that what clark does?Cause i don't see it.I see him denial or trying to kill parts of his soul.And also,Overcoming is not how it works.True demons are part of yourself and innermost part of your psyche.You embrace,deal with your demons and shadows.You live with them.You be honest about it to others and try to tame it.Have others to help you.You then finally understand it.Otherwise,You are just throwing a part of yourself away and being in denial about it.You just keep going in circles with "Immovable object meeting unstoppable force".

I would.Because i can respect an enemy who is true to himself.we can go at it.No holds barred.Maybe grab a beer after.But,i won't or can't handle duplicitous people.Especially as friends or family.He(the *******) might be ugly.But,there is a lot of uglyness in the world.But,then that's just my view.I see it as "uglyness".Therefore it is.and i am might say it shouldn't exist.The opposite side might say the reverse.Even as part of my own soul.We just don't believe in killing dragons and serpents because It's a pipe dream.it ain't going to happen.We kinda come to terms with it.There is no growth like that.But,fights are fun though.The tiger and the dragon going at it.

Also,it's always a wierd pattern or unintentional story.Lex is the one who grows.Not clark.Lex comes to understand clark(Things like allstar superman movies).Never in reverse.Clark never comes to understand what it's like to cling to things,to want things,to take pride in things,To take your own damn decision...etc.Clark never understood man's quarrel with fate be it good or bad.Clark is a dead end.He dies without acknowleding his own savior complex or his absolute obedience towards higher authorities like his parents,his love,...etc and expectation of it from others(one way or another.through force or example).Yin becomes yang.But,Yang doesn't become yin.That's unbalanced in my opinion.That's not fair or healthy for person.Nor would it make a good relatable protagonist.Maybe he should stop trying to save the world.And just do it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-27-2021 at 01:37 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

spoilers:
    I like the new animated Brainiac. His VA reminds me of Noble.
    end of spoilers

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The white line going down the crotch is what seals the "douche" title.

I love these and still wish this was the default look for Brainiac. With his previous "bald green guy in white go go boots" being his only other look.

Lex at least trots out the old armor once and while.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love these and still wish this was the default look for Brainiac. With his previous "bald green guy in white go go boots" being his only other look.

Lex at least trots out the old armor once and while.
    Yeah, when I came across when I was first getting into comics my only thought was "why isn't this his default look?"

Robot with a skull for a face trumps all.

I'm not no much fond of armored Lex. I mean, I am not against to Lex using it from time to time, but Lex weapon is his mind and to use the armor mad me feel like that diminishes him as a threat, I feel him like a second rate Iron man. And in the pre-crisis case, with him, founding the armor instead of built it (something than changed post crisis) was against the core of the character. At least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 04-27-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    spoilers:
    I like the new animated Brainiac. His VA reminds me of Noble.
    end of spoilers

From where is this?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    From where is this?
    In the spoiler if you want to know. Warning spoilers obviously spoilers:
    JS:WWII animated movie that came out today
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What a wanker

Speaking of Chester I like the inverted Union Jack for S&tA:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

it's kinda wierd seeing a sun god besides clark .Clark being just an action adventure character,Which i like.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Took me years to realize that the Union Jack wasn’t a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Took me years to realize that the Union Jack wasn’t a t-shirt.
    Dude same lmao! I don’t think I realized it because the trench coat covers up most of his body and seeing that in a Superman comic didn’t really register for me.