Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

What do you guys think of H'EL

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Incredibly lame, sorry man. I saw people describe him as Clark’s “Broly” and I can see that. But he’s yet another evil Superman power wise, he looks like Bizarro appearance wise, his stories for me marked the start of the massive quality decline for the New 52 era, and I thought his backstory was stupid.

Great name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Incredibly lame, sorry man. I saw people describe him as Clark’s “Broly” and I can see that. But he’s yet another evil Superman power wise, he looks like Bizarro appearance wise, his stories for me marked the start of the massive quality decline for the New 52 era, and I thought his backstory was stupid.

Great name though.
    His design is pretty cool though. A good writer can make some good stuff.

His design is pretty cool though. A good writer can make some good stuff.
    It’s just Bizarro with long hair

And motives wise wasn’t his goal to bring Krypton back and rule it i.e. Zod’s whole setup? I’d rather they just wrote either a great Bizarro or Zod story since it’s been a while since either have gotten a story focused entirely on them.

Villains from the New 52 era I thought had potential and would like to see brought back:

Metaleks

Harrow & her Ghost Soldiers

And motives wise wasn’t his goal to bring Krypton back and rule it i.e. Zod’s whole setup? I’d rather they just wrote either a great Bizarro or Zod story since it’s been a while since either have gotten a story focused entirely on them.
    I think he was supposed to be Bizarro first but got turned into his own character. And that Bizarro looks nothing like him

I like the name but not much else to tell the truth.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Ah Parasite and Metallo, the two villains that more than anything could really use some love. Both have a ton of really great and interesting concepts baked into each that have yet to truly be explored. Metallo as a “Superman” for the military and Parasite as an energy vampire who absorbs not only the life force but also the memories or even the physical forms of the people he eats. If I was ever lucky enough to write Superman, those are the two I’d want to write.

I’d disagree mainly because Parasite stories usually just focus on gluttony and him eating everything in sight. But he has the potential to be so much more in the right hands.

I envision a Parasite that takes a much more intelligent, much more horror based story. Basically Superman meets Salem’s Lot by Stephen King with a little of the [PROTOTYPE] video game as well.

The real emotional core of the story cuts to the heart of the Superman mythos. Clark believes that deep down the majority of people are good. If you stand tall and give them an example, people will generally act like heroes themselves. Parasite however proposes a different take. He feeds on people and takes everything from them: their memories, their skills, their powers, their souls. He can see peoples hearts and what he finds is that most of them are petty, selfish, close minded people that harbor dark thoughts they keep hidden, sometimes even from themselves. So he sneers at Clark’s beliefs and outright tells him about some of the stuff he’s read in people who seemed “upstanding”.

Ultimately Superman can’t get near Parasite for reasons I’ll keep to myself since I’m still working on it, so he has to take on an Oracle like role for a group of five citizens who have the ability to take Parasite down. But those five people are tempted by Parasite to give up in exchange for desires they’ve suppressed deep within, desires Parasite knows about and can fulfill if they’ll just stop aiding Supes. So it’s a story about whether Superman’s faith in the goodness of humanity is justified or not. I think something like that is well worth exploring, especially right now.
    I've got a Parasite pitch I'm working on too. Hah. I imagine they'll end up somewhere in the same ballpark given our previous conversations about him.

I think he was supposed to originally be New 52 Bizarro too, which just boggles the mind and kind of sums up the worst excess of the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was supposed to originally be New 52 Bizarro too, which just boggles the mind and kind of sums up the worst excess of the New 52.
    Wasn’t there some mandate at the start of the New 52 that you had to create new villains? I remember that being a thing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wasn’t there some mandate at the start of the New 52 that you had to create new villains? I remember that being a thing.
    There were a lot of mandates at the start of New 52 that fell by the wayside. That Doomsday showed up to get ripped in half like a phonebook was proof that they didn't last. Hell, what does Doomsday even bring without the prior continuity of "he killed the $%^@ out of Superman!" New 52 was Didio/Lee flying by the seat of someone else's pants.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Nah! i thought h'ell was more like superman's broly/tarzan.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

He always reminded me of Superman X from the Legion cartoon

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I’ve had a fondness for Conduit, even though I think it’s more of a Boba Fett thing in that I like his look more like than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’ve had a fondness for Conduit, even though I think it’s more of a Boba Fett thing in that I like his look more like than anything else.

Miss that dude too, although he’d need a major revamp in pretty much every aspect honestly.