Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Intergang is an interesting choice. The presence of the Newskids and now Intergang mean Kirby is a likely influence, along with All-Star Superman. Whisper being present is unusual, plus she's more of a Batman/Batwoman villain. That would irk me but she hasn't exactly been used very much, and I DO like her, so I will see where that goes.

I hope this cartoon goes for some deep cuts with old school Superman villains. It'd be neat if Terra-Man, Kryptonite Man and Amalak made their debuts in a Superman solo proper (Terra-Man at least appearing in the Legion cartoon), along with Bizarro, Brainiac, Mxy, Toyman, Metallo, Parasite and Prankster. Get the Silver Age gang of villains all here.

No Doomsday please, and I hope they hold off on Zod and the PF criminals until at least the second season. Some of Morrison's villains like Solaris, Vyndktvx, Krull and the Evolver wouldn't be unwelcome either.

Whisper originated in Detective so it’s fair to be miffed. But the Bat Office poached Intergang and Maggie Sawyer (Gotham Central rules I must admit, and I’d be less pissed if they had created a replacement LGBT character for Maggie over in Metropolis, rather than just reducing the LGBT characters there from one to none) and made them Batman characters, so I’m deeply amused that the Superman side has now swiped some stuff from Batman. That doesn’t usually happen

Given the mess of the CW Batwoman they’re probably not adapting any more “traditional” Batwoman stuff, so I don’t think it’s really too big a loss.

Yeah I would love to see more lesser known Rogues, honestly I’d love if all of S1 didn’t have Lex show up (he can be mentioned and they can start building towards him for S2 though). Terra-Man, Kryptonite Man, Drekkon, Livewire, Toyman, maybe even adapt Khyber from Busiek’s run! Really hoping the show can introduce the lesser known Rogues to a new audience.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Still an amazing piece of art. I’m regretful that we got Lee twice on two Superman projects and neither one had him do much with Superman’s Rogues. Really would’ve liked to see him draw more of them in his style.

What do you guys think about Lobo more or less being absorbed into Superman’s Rogues Gallery the same way Deathstroke was into Batman’s? Arguably Lobo has been a Superman Rogue even longer than Deathstroke has been a Batman one thanks to the DCAU. The new Seeley series is just continuing it:

I’m sort of ok with it. Lobo makes for a fun contrast with Clark in the way he parodies a lot of aspects of Clark’s attributes (both last sons of alien species, but Lobo genocides all of his as a science project).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I've never really gotten Lobo's appeal as a solo character but I thought his episodes were a highlight of S:TAS so I'm looking forward to it.

At least more than I'm in Batman vs. Deathstroke.

I've never really gotten Lobo's appeal as a solo character but I thought his episodes were a highlight of S:TAS so I'm looking forward to it.

At least more than I'm in Batman vs. Deathstroke.
    He’s “cool” looking, like Venom basically lmao. He’s coasted his entire existence off of being a simple badass who looks cool and kicks ass just like Venom. I’m fine with that, not every character needs to be super deep.

Hmm, don't see this often; Supes villains in a WW book.

Mxy and the Phantom King will probably be appearing in WW #778.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s “cool” looking, like Venom basically lmao. He’s coasted his entire existence off of being a simple badass who looks cool and kicks ass just like Venom. I’m fine with that, not every character needs to be super deep.
    "The main man don't need no "deep emotions" or "complex characterization" to rake in the green. That's for wussy hero's in the Looser League."

Hmm, don't see this often; Supes villains in a WW book.

Mxy and the Phantom King will probably be appearing in WW #778.

Literally was about to post this, can’t wait for you guys to get the joy of meeting Xa-Du! God I love that psycho.

Also really love Shaner’s Ultraman:

Last edited by Vordan; 05-26-2021 at 04:44 PM.

As someone who doesn't have an issue with Bloodsport's original look. I think i like this a lot. Just wish it had color.

E2WinPdXwAMOJPE (1).jpg

Yeah that looks great, that’s one bit of synergy I don’t mind at all.

Another Evil Superman joins the fray in August next to Ultraman.

Huh is that Morrison Nazi Overman? Interesting, kind of surprised they didn’t go with one of the two evil Supermen they already have.

Bloodsport and Ultraman tangling with each other sounds fun to me!

Hairsine draws a good Manchester Black, I really like the inverted Union Jack colors. That’s probably meant to signify he’s “good” now, but I wouldn’t mind that being a part of his look going forward, regardless of whether he’s a friend or foe.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-26-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Literally was about to post this, can’t wait for you guys to get the joy of meeting Xa-Du! God I love that psycho.

Also really love Shaner’s Ultraman:

Shaner's my favorite artist in the business and the Superman piece this riffs on is one of my favorites of his. Naturally, this is an awesome companion piece.

I love that Shaner had Ultraman set two of the guys on fire

It would be really cool if we got a Bloodsport mini if The Suicide Squad is a success.