Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/mikeljanin/statu...007902726?s=21

Magog is showing up next week it looks like. Probably just a cameo but I’m surprised he’s being used at all so I’ll take it!

BANNED

I've always heard that Superman doesn't have good villains, but of the 5 most important DC villains, 3 are from Superman.
    1: lex, if he's not the best villain in the comics, he's second. 2: Brainiac, the greatest villain in DC's planetary threat.
    3: Darkseid, DC's greatest cosmic villain, I know many will say that he is not a Superman villain, but he was born in the Superman comics and all over JL the one he hates the most is Superman.
    the Superman villains that I like the most and are forgotten. Parasite, I think he is a horror villain, only at the last moment would he turn into a physical threat.
    Metallo, more than a villain, I see him as an antihero, the government's answer to Superman.
    Doomsday, he seems like an amazing villain to me, the only thing dc has to do is respect his name, each appearance of doomsday has to be an event, Superman, his friends, his family, the world, they feel this it will be Superman's last fight.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I've always heard that Superman doesn't have good villains, but of the 5 most important DC villains, 3 are from Superman.
    1: lex, if he's not the best villain in the comics, he's second. 2: Brainiac, the greatest villain in DC's planetary threat.
    3: Darkseid, DC's greatest cosmic villain, I know many will say that he is not a Superman villain, but he was born in the Superman comics and all over JL the one he hates the most is Superman.
    the Superman villains that I like the most and are forgotten. Parasite, I think he is a horror villain, only at the last moment would he turn into a physical threat.
    Metallo, more than a villain, I see him as an antihero, the government's answer to Superman.
    Doomsday, he seems like an amazing villain to me, the only thing dc has to do is respect his name, each appearance of doomsday has to be an event, Superman, his friends, his family, the world, they feel this it will be Superman's last fight.
    Vordon and I are vibing with you here.

Darkseid... I think he especially hates Clark because he's something of his own antithesis and refuses to die. As much as I want to say he's not one of Clark's villains, Final Crisis alone does kind of make him at least Superman adjacent since Clark was the one to kill him for good^TM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

How come nobody mentioned any of the goldenage villains?Mechanical monsters,The artic giant,sunny face,the archer,ultrahumanite,the rocketeers...etc
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How come nobody mentioned any of the goldenage villains?Mechanical monsters,The artic giant,sunny face,the archer,ultrahumanite,the rocketeers...etc
    Post some pics of them and tell us what you like. I’m personally hoping for some Golden Age Rogues to show up in Batman/Superman under Yang since he’s bringing in the Superman serial villains.

Not a lot of them endured. Nobody mentioned 90s/00s short-lived villains like Skyhook and La Enchantadora or anything yet either. Instead of asking "why hasn't anybody," why not just talk about those villains you clearly enjoy and show us why we should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not a lot of them endured. Nobody mentioned 90s/00s short-lived villains like Skyhook and La Enchantadora or anything yet either. Instead of asking "why hasn't anybody," why not just talk about those villains you clearly enjoy and show us why we should as well.
    The artic giant is kinda gozilla.the reason i asked.i mean i would assume everyone would want superman have godzilla as a villain if not other guys.I will post pic.i can't do that at the moment.(Heck! a kaijuu league is possible in superman)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-15-2021 at 07:06 PM.

The artic giant is kinda gozilla.the reason i asked.i mean i would assume everyone would want superman have godzilla as a villain if not other guys.I will post pic.i can't do that at the moment.(Heck! a kaijuu league is possible in superman)
    Parasite can go Kaiju as Man of Tomorrow recently illustrated.

Yeah, although the final fight was...eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, although the final fight was...eh.
    Yeeeeah not the best.

Yeah! That wasn't the best choice if we are going the horror route with the character. Also, parasite in the movie was more ultraman and evangalion

I think the idea behind it was sound, but they just didn't really do as much interesting with it as they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the idea behind it was sound, but they just didn't really do as much interesting with it as they could.
    Actually, they did pretty damn good. Superman punching godzilla would be bad. He is too much like clark to do that. And people aren't supposed to be at ease with these creatures either. They are dangerous and so is clark. But that doesn't they are bad for you. The same can be said for titano. Ofcourse, you can have kaijus like that.

Actually, they did pretty damn good. Superman punching godzilla would be bad. He is too much like clark to do that. The same can be said for titano. Ofcourse, you can have kaijus like that.
    I would hope Superman vs. Godzilla would be a lot more dynamic and a lot less sluggish than Superman vs. Parasite in that movie.

You wrote something here that I want to point out an that's that no villain other than the core one's ever seen to stay in Superman comics. I'm not even talking about new 52 only. Reborn as well. It's always Metallic here, Doomsday there, Zod on the weekend, ect. I always felt the Phantom King had potential and he was more than "just another kryptonian".