Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Don't feel Ultra-Humanite is that evil.
    Ha, classic. That was one of the funniest bits in the whole series for me.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Aayy, they remembered Maxima.

This really look awesome.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Aayy, they remembered Maxima.

This really look awesome.
    Was shocked, but not unhappy, to see Conduit there as well. Seems to be a celebration of the prominent 90s/00s Superman Rogues
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Was shocked, but not unhappy, to see Conduit there as well. Seems to be a celebration of the prominent 90s/00s Superman Rogues
    It was a good time to be bad, if nothing else.
    May we never forget:

It was a good time to be bad, if nothing else.
    Is there anyone out there who has a pitch for Imperiex I wonder? I liked him as a Legion villain in the cartoon, but as a Superman/modern day DCU villain I have no attachment to him and think his background as the “avatar of entropy” or whatever it was, didn’t work.

Is there anyone out there who has a pitch for Imperiex I wonder? I liked him as a Legion villain in the cartoon, but as a Superman/modern day DCU villain I have no attachment to him and think his background as the “avatar of entropy” or whatever it was, didn’t work.
    I've got a ton of Superman pitches, but admittedly, I have nothing for Imperiex. Honestly, I don't know how you can re-establish him without being a retread. The problem with making characters the avatar of a metaphysical concept is that they can only do the one thing.

Necron can only ever be about death and what it means in comics, you know? Imperiex is a dead end without retooling him as a concept, and if you're going to do that much heavy lifting, you may as well get royalties for it by introducing a new character.
    May we never forget:

Do another Marvel/DC crossover and have Galactus beat him for his lunch money.

I've got a ton of Superman pitches, but admittedly, I have nothing for Imperiex. Honestly, I don't know how you can re-establish him without being a retread. The problem with making characters the avatar of a metaphysical concept is that they can only do the one thing.

Necron can only ever be about death and what it means in comics, you know? Imperiex is a dead end without retooling him as a concept, and if you're going to do that much heavy lifting, you may as well get royalties for it by introducing a new character.
    This is probably the main reason so many villains only get used once.

Mighty Member

Who’s the cigarette pimp between Luthor and Zod? Can Superman stop the Tobacco Mack Daddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Who’s the cigarette pimp between Luthor and Zod? Can Superman stop the Tobacco Mack Daddy?
    He's forever Cigarette Pimp to me now. lol
    May we never forget:

Its kinda hard. He was like an Antimonitor, a destroyer of realities, but presented as a Galactus type of menace. The Legion of Super-Heroes Animated series used only his name to create a more interesting menace. I must confess than I always have defended than any character can work with the right angle, but with Imperiex, I can't find anything beyond the one note character event.

Maybe the most interesting part it was the concept of the Imperiex Probes: similar to the Galactus heralds, but created from Imperiex himself and a replic on smaller scale and when they die, the power returned to Imperiex.

Maybe you could play a Silver Surfer case there: one (or several) of the probes gain sentience, and rebels against the main Imperiex mind and refuse to reintegrate himself to the whole Imperiex, transforming the body of the giant creature in a civil war battlefield, with some Imperiexes wanted to join the main mind and with the others wanting to stay as individuals and differeciated.

Just a thought.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Think that’s Nick O’Teen lol