Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Actually,this list is easier to read as the other had a flashing ad on the side that is quite annoying. Naturally,there seem to be quite a few mad scientists,cyborgs, Kryptonians and cosmically powerful characters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superman_enemies

Constantly seeing the old 90s era splash page of Superman Rogues makes me want to go in there and update it

It is necessary.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Would Prankster be an internet troll nowadays?

I think he would be more akin a black hat hacker, stoling information and leaving virus which erases all your personal information.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    He strikes me more as one of those prank channels on YouTube that try and get out of the repercussions of their actions with "it's just a prank, bro."

So what do you guys think of Bloodsport’s design in Gunn’s The Suicide Squad? I really like it myself, his comic getup was pretty forgettable, which is probably why he ended up fading away.

Freaking Idris Elba playing Bloodsport, what a crazy ass world we live in. Seriously think about that: Bloodsport is going to be the next classic Superman Rogue on the big screen after Zod and Lex. He beat Brainiac! It would be insane if the movie helps elevate him and he takes off the way King Shark has, I would 100% support that. It’s a bitter twist of fate that if Rocksteady had waited a bit they could’ve put Bloodsport in their Suicide Squad game instead of their bizarre decision to change Deadshot’s race. We could’ve had an actual Superman Rogue to play as on the Suicide Squad in Metropolis. Would’ve been nice instead of the current bull crap set up where it’s all f****** Batman Rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I still like Busiek’s conception of Prankster the most. I think the Internet troll background actually works better for Livewire, the whole radio jockey thing doesn’t really hold up for someone as young as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So what do you guys think of Bloodsport’s design in Gunn’s The Suicide Squad? I really like it myself, his comic getup was pretty forgettable, which is probably why he ended up fading away.

Freaking Idris Elba playing Bloodsport, what a crazy ass world we live in. Seriously think about that: Bloodsport is going to be the next classic Superman Rogue on the big screen after Zod and Lex. He beat Brainiac! It would be insane if the movie helps elevate him and he takes off the way King Shark has, I would 100% support that. It’s a bitter twist of fate that if Rocksteady had waited a bit they could’ve put Bloodsport in their Suicide Squad game instead of their bizarre decision to change Deadshot’s race. We could’ve had an actual Superman Rogue to play as on the Suicide Squad in Metropolis. Would’ve been nice instead of the current bull crap set up where it’s all f****** Batman Rogues.
    I admit it is a surprise. But mind than Bloodsport is a relative, a very unknown character than James Gunn could change at will without a lot of negative feedback. There wasn't a lot of persons asking for a movie of Bobby DuBois and least for Trent (except klan members, I suppose). Even the visuals of the character are being reinvented, which can be an improvement than we could see translated to the pages. I knew there was a third Bloodsport which has been nothing more than a cipher, so this can be considering a character created for the movie, using the name of aminor villian. I mean, there is something we knew about this character, outside being played by Elba?
    Also, don't be surprised if they put the character as a Batman villian.

I still like Busiek’s conception of Prankster the most. I think the Internet troll background actually works better for Livewire, the whole radio jockey thing doesn’t really hold up for someone as young as she is.
    I think in the New52 they played thata angle. In a Batgirl issue I think.

Livewire would probably be a podcaster nowadays.

That's basically what DC Super Hero Girls did with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I admit it is a surprise. But mind than Bloodsport is a relative, a very unknown character than James Gunn could change at will without a lot of negative feedback. There wasn't a lot of persons asking for a movie of Bobby DuBois and least for Trent (except klan members, I suppose). Even the visuals of the character are being reinvented, which can be an improvement than we could see translated to the pages. I knew there was a third Bloodsport which has been nothing more than a cipher, so this can be considering a character created for the movie, using the name of aminor villian. I mean, there is something we knew about this character, outside being played by Elba?
    Also, don't be surprised if they put the character as a Batman villian.

I think in the New52 they played thata angle. In a Batgirl issue I think.
    Luckily they confirmed Bloodsport is on the Squad for shooting Superman with a Kryptonite bullet during the DC Fandome TSS panel: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...ills-superman/
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-31-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Luckily they confirmed Bloodsport is on the Squad for shooting Superman with a Kryptonite bullet during the DC Fandome TSS panel: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...ills-superman/
    Good. But I still hope the Batbooks don't steal him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's basically what DC Super Hero Girls did with her.
    Not surprised, it’s the obvious update. Radio jockey isn’t something most young people listen to anymore. Now it’s streaming or being an Internet troll lol. Still gives her a connection to electricity in her Leslie incarnation so I’m a-ok with it and actually prefer that update to her DCAU one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Good. But I still hope the Batbooks don't steal him.

He did show up in Batman/Superman for Williamson’s last issue, so technically he has! But I doubt they would try to swipe him permanently (although Batgirl stole Livewire for a hot minute) but we’ll see. Ultimately though that tie to Superman is going to keep Bloodsport linked to the big guy, shooting Superman is ballsy and is basically his “rep”.

Not surprised, it’s the obvious update. Radio jockey isn’t something most young people listen to anymore. Now it’s streaming or being an Internet troll lol. Still gives her a connection to electricity in her Leslie incarnation so I’m a-ok with it and actually prefer that update to her DCAU one.
    She's also a teenager, so it really wouldn't have made sense.

I think on the Supergirl TV show she was like a podcaster?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's also a teenager, so it really wouldn't have made sense.

I think on the Supergirl TV show she was like a podcaster?
    As long as she's a media personality (or a talking head) it works.