Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

(Occurs to me that that makes the big idea behind The Next Batman 'what if to make sure what he did never happened again Joe Chill had become Batman', which is one I'm very curious to see play out.)
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Don't know yet whether it actually works (and maybe all's not what it seems), but regardless I have to admire the stones to go "Here is Batman 2.0, who is probably being created with the intent of making a billion dollars when played by Michael Jordan in 5 years and ending up in Happy Meals. His origin is that he's driven by the guilt of his unreported hit-and-run."
    I mean John Ridley is a movie and tv writer, plus Yara is apparently already getting a tv show so who knows what’s in store for Jace.

Also his origin really depends on how much of his past continuity he keeps, apparently one time he was a masked villain called the Vulture in a group called the terrible trio, but no idea if Ridley is going to touch that because that was way back in the 80’s.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-20-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Future State-Batman Next #4 variant cover inks over some smooth @JimLee pencils. - Scott Williams
    EsRHTnDVcAE9suX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Future State-Batman Next #4 variant cover inks over some smooth @JimLee pencils. - Scott Williams
    EsRHTnDVcAE9suX.jpg
    Jim Lee knows how to draw Batman .

Now do one with Future State Superman for the classic Jim Lee parallel art .

and the finished version
    EsOrVFQXMAA8d9U.jpg

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't hate Jim Lee...but that image feels like he's done it before. Perhaps he's purposefully aping his past work? If so, I'm not sure the effect works.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-21-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't hate Jim Lee...but that image feels like he's done it before. Perhaps he's purposefully aping his past work? If so, I'm not sure the effect works.
    I assumed it was a thematic sequel to his Batman piece.

If he does one with Jon as Superman looking to the left, that'll clinch it.

It's on purpose. He said it's "Our subtle inauguration themed variant cover"

Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-21-2021 at 10:24 PM. Reason: just resizing
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's on purpose. He said it's "Our subtle inauguration themed variant cover"
    The last part of my post still rings true, at least for me, it just doesn't work. I'd rather see something new than what looks like a stock image with only a few cosmetic changes. It just seems lazy to me.

Funny how this suit doesn't look so good when drawn by some artists. In this Jim Lee art looks like a generic Batman costume, but here it looks awesome.

But his costume for the Justice League is much better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Funny how this suit doesn't look so good when drawn by some artists. In this Jim Lee art looks like a generic Batman costume, but here it looks awesome.

But his costume for the Justice League is much better anyways.
    I see...

Jim Lee's team put in too much detail and texture everywhere so the main pattern, the contrast between the grey and the black part is lost.

They also put in blue on the cowl and cape to reminisce the old Bat costume that it looks like the old Bat costume instead of using the same black as the lower parts.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Don't see why this thread was started. There is a future state thread where everyone has been talking about this book...

"Anyone pick this up" no dude , no one here had no idea it was coming out until you posted about it...85 percent of thread starters seem to be people who think their opinion needs to start a new thread instead of just putting it in a thread that already exits...facepalm
    WOW! You're so friendly!
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Im digging the book so far. But his suit on JL is better IMO. This one is good but that JL one is a great suit