Page 89 of 104 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    No one really knows Gambit and Bella age, it was never an issue.
    Remy and Belladonna are positioned as Romeo and Juliet, the children of warring clans whose love could bring the two rivals together. Their story is definitely one of young love gone array.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Exactly. It’s not the same story with thirty year olds, it’s kind of a dumb story with fully grown adults. And if they’re going to change the story, why use Belle? It’s not like she would be any kind of box office draw.

BANNED

This movie are not just for fans of the comics.
    The general audience isn’t going to care about their ages.
    Beside Tatum can still pass for late twentiies or early thirties.
    He always played characters that is younger than his actual age.
    This is really not a big deal.

The main issue with this movie is, will it ever going to happen
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-18-2019 at 07:01 PM.

The only person pushing was Channing Tatum. He wanted to be Gambit in film. I don't think it will happen at this time. I want a movie, but not a bad one. At this time ... how is it possible?
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

So the latest news is that Tatum is ready to direct the film himself if nobody else is touching it: https://deadline.com/2019/01/channin...60-1202538067/

He has been trying to get going the X-Men spinoff Gambit. He has long been slotted to play the charming card-throwing mutant, and buzz has been that he might direct the film after several other filmmakers have been in and out. But there is no start date at this point and its still being worked on. Will tell you more when we hear it.
    It's too late though with the Disney buyout expected mid year. He should have made this decision this time last year at the latest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So the latest news is that Tatum is ready to direct the film himself if nobody else is touching it: https://deadline.com/2019/01/channin...60-1202538067/

It's too late though with the Disney buyout expected mid year. He should have made this decision this time last year at the latest.
    I don’t know about that, this movie might have a better chance with Disney. Because it has been going nowhere with Fox.

It does surprise me if he directs this movie. Tatum with his partner Reid Carolin was set to make their directorial debut with the Weinstein Company, but they quit the project after the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse allegations.
    He has said he wants to do more behind the scene. Maybe that why he left his management.
    The big question is if he direct, does that mean he will get another actor to play Gambit.
    I think it would be to hard to direct and act, especially when it’s your directorial debut.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-19-2019 at 12:03 AM.

I don't see Feige letting a Disney X-Film come out before he has put his plans for mutants in the MCU in place. By which point Tatum would be in his 40's and I'd assume they'd want a far younger actor for Gambit.

Let him direct. I am cool with it.

BANNED

I don't see Feige letting a Disney X-Film come out before he has put his plans for mutants in the MCU in place. By which point Tatum would be in his 40's and I'd assume they'd want a far younger actor for Gambit.
    Never assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Let him direct. I am cool with it.
    Me too.

BANNED

This movie will have a better chance under Disney because Alan Horn is the father of Cody Horn.
    Cody Horn who starred in Magic Mike and is engaged to Reid Carolin.
    Alan Horn, Carolin and Tatum are have a close relationship.
    I think this movie is on hold until the acquisition is complete.
    Because Fox is doing nothing with it, Disney will be a more favorable environment with Alan Horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    This movie will have a better chance under Disney because Alan Horn is the father of Cody Horn.
    Cody Horn who starred in Magic Mike and is engaged to Reid Carolin.
    Alan Horn, Carolin and Tatum are have a close relationship.
    I think this movie is on hold until the acquisition is complete.
    Because Fox is doing nothing with it, Disney will be a more favorable environment with Alan Horn.
    Disney is the only chance for that movie. Fox had a chance and they didn't make it.

Caleb Williams

@KnightGambit

IN WEIRD NEWS: We had heard that all the Fox X-Men films and spin-offs were canceled but there was a recent production listing for #Gambit that was updated TODAY stating production begins Feb 14th
    ...just something to keep an eye on...production dates have been pushed since 16'

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I dont think this will ever reach the cinema.... right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

No way is Disney going to put out a X-men movie that was developed and cast by Fox. First it has limited if any sequel potential with Tatums age. Second it requires at least another non Gambit movie to make scaleable. Besides would they really want their first project after getting the rights be Gambit? Which no matter how it’s done will be labeled as a Fox movie. I’m a huge Gambit fan and even I wouldn’t suggest that.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 01-21-2019 at 07:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    No way is Disney going to put out a X-men movie that was developed and cast by Fox. First it has limited if any sequel potential with Tatums age. Second it requires at least another non Gambit movie to make scaleable. Besides would they really want their first project after getting the rights be Gambit? Which no matter how it’s done will be labeled as a Fox movie. I’m a huge Gambit fan and even I wouldn’t suggest that.
    Disney will put out a lot of movies that is developed and cast by Fox, not just the X-Men movies, but all of Fox's developments. Gambit is no different from other Fox's movies.
    There is more evidence that this movie is more alive than dead.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.