Page 96 of 104 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    So where is Deadpool? Don’t assume Untitled Marvel is only MCU, they are all Marvel now.
    The Gambit’s March 13, 2020 date was set by Fox before the merger. It was never a Disney date.
    Deadpool has 2 movies. So it's not if but WHEN he shows up and how much Disney is willing to tone him down or toss him under a different Disney movie banner.

Has Gambit even started filming?

BANNED

I know the chances are not looking good, but it hasn’t been looking good for a long time. But I also think there is an overreaction about Disney’s new schedule. We already knew Disney would have to shuffle their schedule after the merger. It doesn’t mean any movie has been cancelled yet. Disney is being very vague about all Marvel movies, we still don’t know if we’ll see a GOTG3 or another AntMan. What happen in Endgame, Black Widow is now questionable. Bree Larson is being iffy about CM 2. I can say with confidence that only Black Panther 2 and Deadpool 3 are a lock.
    We are also ignoring the possibility that Disney+ might play a role in this. It wouldn’t surprise me if Gambit go’s to Disney+

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe it could be for the better. Maybe Disney could integrate Gambit on their plans were he could interact with Rogue or other characters. This could be a blessing in disguise.
    Yeah, I agree with you here. Being able to integrate Gambit in as part of a whole X-Men franchise and use those other characters in his movie would likely make it more successful than an origin story. I think it still will happen someday down the road, but probably not any time soon and not with the same cast or script. They need to take their time to be smart about it.

BANNED

Fox had a deal with Tatum’s Free Association Production Company to produce this movie. If Fox, now Disney decides not to make the movie they will pay FAPC $30 Million.
    B6FA0705-A1A7-4C8E-87D6-A275DA2D717A.jpg

Probably less than they would lose if they decided to make the movie lool.

Fox had a deal with Tatum’s Free Association Production Company to produce this movie. If Fox, now Disney decides not to make the movie they will pay FAPC $30 Million.
    B6FA0705-A1A7-4C8E-87D6-A275DA2D717A.jpg
    hahah that is why they had to sell Fox, what a crap deal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It’s peanuts to Disney, but it’s fantastic for Tatum and Free Association.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    hahah that is why they had to sell Fox, what a crap deal
    These deals are not unusual, it happen more times than not.

Bro Feige already said that there will be no X-Men movies for at least 5 years. The untitled movies are some combination of Black Widow, Eternals, Guardians 3, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Shangi Chi, and Captain Marvel 2. There's no room for Gambit there

It's done. They took out all the Untitled Fox films from their list except Dark Phoenix and New Mutants and those are only left because they were already in production when the deal went down

BANNED

It's over
    In addition, they have entirely removed the planned Gambit film from the schedule, seemingly finally confirming its cancellation
    Gambit’s production was a long-suffering process after it’s initial announcement in early 2014, as they shifted from director to director, with the likes of Rupert Wyatt, Doug Liman and Gore Verbinski having stays on the project. Gambit‘s actor Channing Tatum, a long time supporter of the film’s creation, was even making it known that he wanted to direct it himself if it would make it happen.

Rogue was where the money was anyway..they should of known better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Bro Feige already said that there will be no X-Men movies for at least 5 years. The untitled movies are some combination of Black Widow, Eternals, Guardians 3, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Shangi Chi, and Captain Marvel 2. There's no room for Gambit there

It's done. They took out all the Untitled Fox films from their list except Dark Phoenix and New Mutants and those are only left because they were already in production when the deal went down
    They did take out all the Untitled Fox films, but they also added more Untitled Disney Live Action, so there is still room for Gambit and Deadpool.
    Plus there is no guarantee that some of those MCU movies you named will be made either.
    There are good reasons that Disney couldn’t name any MCU movie. Probably because they don’t know right now what will actually get made.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-07-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    lol

About the movie...

They did take out all the Untitled Fox films, but they also added more Untitled Disney Live Action, so there is still room for Gambit and Deadpool.
    Plus there is no guarantee that some of those MCU movies you named will be made either.
    There are good reasons that Disney couldn’t name any MCU movie. Probably because they don’t know right now what will actually get made.
    Disney Live Action is referring to non-superhero live action fare. The superhero stuff is specifically listed as 'Marvel'. I'm pretty sure they know what will get made. They've already said DP and New Mutants will conclude the Fox movies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Disney Live Action is referring to non-superhero live action fare. The superhero stuff is specifically listed as 'Marvel'. I'm pretty sure they know what will get made. They've already said DP and New Mutants will conclude the Fox movies
    Disney don’t make a lot of live action movies, but it seems there are more than usual on the new schedule. Deadpool is not on the new schedule, but it’s happening, this could be true for Gambit too. I’m not surprised it was removed from the schedule, it’s not in production and it wouldn’t make the March date anyway. I think they haven’t decide about Gambit yet. Removing it from the schedule does mean it cancelled. They can easily put it back on the schedule at any time.
    Last edited by luprki; 05-07-2019 at 09:12 PM.

The movie is dead. "The speed" of project was dependent on getting it out before Disney took over. Now that Disney has control even if Gambit is still a slight thing,They are going to wait until after X-men is in place before doing something. And probably removes Tatum from the picture. R.I.P rumored Gambit Movie may you finally rest in peace.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Crazy to think Channing Potatum was a marketable Hollywood presence when this movie was announced.