Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Default Gambit movie

In a recent interview with Ali Plump at Empire Magazine, published in their X-Men: Days of Future Past issue, X-Men film franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner stated she's hot for a Gambit film and is pushing it through the studio. Talking muscle Channing Tatum is on top of it, because he's a huge X-Men fan, and a fan of Gambit in particular.

So, basically, this movie is happening, whether you like it or not.

What do you think of Channing Tatum playing the Ragin' Cajun(TM)!?
    What do you want to see in this Gambit film?
    More importantly, since this is the Internet, what don't you want to see in this film?
    Will Anna Paquin be in it?
    Will there be an airboat chase sequence? (God, I hope there's an airboast chase sequence!)
    How many people will be eaten by alligators?
    How many close-ups of a mid-flight playing card will there be during the film?
    Of the playing cards used as weapons seen in the film, how many will be face cards?
    Will everyone look fairly sweaty throughout the movie?
    Will Northern California's own Credence Clearwater Revival be a part of the soundtrack? How about Long Island's Mountain?
    What will be the average pun-per-minute rate?
    Do you want him to wear a costume faithful to his comic appearances, like Thor?

Let's talk about all of this, and more!

I'm adding the poll shortly.

I will say I am glad Claremont gave Tatum a vote of confidence. All this concern about wanting the actor to look exactly like Gambit is misplaced. I want a good movie that makes money and Tatum's star power helps with the latter.

I'd prefer to see the character get a good role in an X-Men movie first. I don't really mind Tatum, he doesn't look much like the character, but most characters don't these days anyways.

Either way I'd pay to see a solo movie, could be good.

Default It's official channing tatum confirmed as gambit

It's official boys and girls Channing Tatum is the new Gambit. How do you feel about it? http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57179915/

Extraordinary Member

Its something he's wanted for a very, very long time. I hope it works out.

Y'know, I think he could actually pull it off. Think about Gambit back in his heyday, at the height of his popularity in the 90s. His depiction on The Animated Series and in the books was a bit silly, as he was a roguish thief who was also kind of a badass but was all about style over substance. Tatum is a good-looking dude who can do funny (21 Jump Street), and if he works hard on cutting up and losing some bulk I think he could look the part too.

I know a lot of people say he's wooden and can't act, but look at the material he had to work with in some of those films (*cough*GIJoe*cough*). I'm willing to give him a shot.

He's also going to have to grow his hair out too, it needs to be loose and free - just like Gambit
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    He's also going to have to grow his hair out too, it needs to be loose and free - just like Gambit
    Preferably sticking out of the black head-thing.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about this. While he definitely has the looks and the charm, I don't care if he's from the South...he needs to ooze Gambit and have the Cajun accent to boot. And while some people can pull off the accents, envisioning him saying 'mon chere' is laughable both laughable and cringeworthy.

BANNED

He is very popular among women and he's from the south, so he's a good choice.

BANNED

This could work.

BANNED

I think this was a pretty horrible choice. I know he wanted the film, he does seem like a nice guy, I know he has some fan base, but overall the guy isn't this:

and his acting ability is not and probably never will be capable of even making him closely believable to being that. Sorry but no.

Terrible Choice. I'd rather just not have a Gambit movie.

Woo boy lol. Everytime I hear about Tatum, keep seeing the guy who was a useless jock in Jump Street. I understand it is the nature of an actor but man.....this should be interesting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Terrible Choice. I'd rather just not have a Gambit movie.
    There's no confirmation of a gambit movie...not really confirmation of a gambit role at all. She just confirms that in her mind, Channing is Gambit. No comment is made abouit Gambit in any future movies.