Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its hard to recast for movies without a cast
    I think they meant:
    Channing Tatum
    Dafne Keen
    James Franco
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-30-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Here something from Grace Randolph twitter account.

Grace Randolph
    @GraceRandolph
    Ok, here's some tea from one of YOU! A BTT viewer who works at a movie theater told me management got an email to remove #DarkPhoenix posters & not discuss w/ customers as no longer sure it will be released. TOLD YOU ALL ALONG, no WAY #KevinFeige is releasing it! #MCU #XMen

Dammit!

Im also hearing Gambit, X23, Dr. Doom and Multple Man is still in the plans, but on hold until the merger is complete. Disney has no plans to recast or rewrite these four movies, but they want all of the production under Disney’s control. As far as New Mutants, I haven’t heard anything.
    Interesting. I think we will hear more soon.
    Good that Gambit is still in plans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Interesting. I think we will hear more soon.
    Good that Gambit is still in plans.
    I hope so, but I will believe it when I see it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think they meant:
    Channing Tatum
    Dafne Keen
    James Franco
    Interesting. I would definitely still be excited to see Dafne Keen as Laura again.
    Make Good Art

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I'm not getting my hopes up on a Gambit movie after the merger.

I do however hope that Dark Phoenix never see's a release as it existence pretty much guarantee's that we will never see if unfold in the MCU as I doubt Disney would be keen to have a 3rd iteration of the same plot line.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I do however hope that Dark Phoenix never see's a release as it existence pretty much guarantee's that we will never see if unfold in the MCU as I doubt Disney would be keen to have a 3rd iteration of the same plot line.
    Amen. The $200m Fox spent on it is nothing compared to the potential damage to the brand/loss of revenue from a proper Phoenix storyline told over a few MCU films.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I'm leaning towards a solo Gambit is not happening.
    I think Dark Phoenix will be in the theaters on June 7th

BANNED

BC635880-D7E2-4714-8A1A-54FC90A2AE4D.jpg

Time to start kissing up

I'm leaning towards a solo Gambit is not happening.
    I think Dark Phoenix will be in the theaters on June 7th
    What got you to finally turn around after being adamant about the opposite?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What got you to finally turn around after being adamant about the opposite?
    Nothing has changed, I said before it’s an 80% to 20% chance it won’t happen.
    But it still officially on, so I have some hope.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-31-2019 at 10:08 PM.

According to longtime X-Men producer, Lauren Shuler Donner, the fate of the Gambit film and the future of the X-Men is in the hands of Disney. She said, “it’s all in Disney’s playground and they get to decide”.

https://heroichollywood.com/x-men-ga...m-development/

BANNED

the fact Bendis is still working on his Kitty script gives me some faith this still might be semi in production

Speaking of Gambit, our friends over at ThePlaylist have added a nifty little tidbit to the “Channing Tatum wants to direct Gambit story” as they report that Tatum wanted to co-direct with producing/writing partner Reid Carolin (Magic Mike), who had been rewriting the script over the last year or so. Also, that they had approached Steven Soderbergh multiple times to direct but turned them down repeatedly.

I can confirm I’ve heard that’s true and that Tatum was hoping to co-direct the film with his friend and producer, director and screenwriter Reid Carolin, who wrote “Magic Mike,” “Magic Mike XXL” and has developed many projects with Tatum ever since. Tatum and Carolin, who have worked closely with Steven Soderbergh since “Magic Mike” (Carolin also produced “Logan Lucky”), tried in vain over the last year-plus to coax the “Sex, Lies, and Videotape” and “Out Of Sight” filmmaker to helm “Gambit” many times, but superhero films are just not his bag and he turned his friend down politely every time. Reid and Carolin had hoped to direct “Gambit” and tried in vain to get it off the ground, but with Marvel/Disney approaching, that plan is likely going to fade away if it hasn’t already.

https://hnentertainment.co/x-men-pro...d-down-gambit/

Here something from Grace Randolph twitter account.

Grace Randolph
    @GraceRandolph
    Ok, here's some tea from one of YOU! A BTT viewer who works at a movie theater told me management got an email to remove #DarkPhoenix posters & not discuss w/ customers as no longer sure it will be released. TOLD YOU ALL ALONG, no WAY #KevinFeige is releasing it! #MCU #XMen

Dammit!
    Is she a credible source? I've found her to have some wonky ideas in the past. Hope they're not pulling the movie; I want to see it. (Also, I fail to see why it would be to Disney's advantage to to pull a movie that's already made and that they didn't spend anything on.)

Im also hearing Gambit, X23, Dr. Doom and Multple Man is still in the plans, but on hold until the merger is complete. Disney has no plans to recast or rewrite these four movies, but they want all of the production under Disney’s control. As far as New Mutants, I haven’t heard anything.
    Huh. So, if true, Disney will essentially continue the Fox series as far as the already-planned movies are concerned? I'd be up for that; it'd let the old series end more on its own terms while giving more planning time for the new one.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is she a credible source? I've found her to have some wonky ideas in the past. Hope they're not pulling the movie; I want to see it. (Also, I fail to see why it would be to Disney's advantage to to pull a movie that's already made and that they didn't spend anything on.)

Huh. So, if true, Disney will essentially continue the Fox series as far as the already-planned movies are concerned? I'd be up for that; it'd let the old series end more on its own terms while giving more planning time for the new one.
    LSD gave an interview yesterday she confirmed Gambit is dead at the moment with no movement and any decisions will be made by Fiege who she has full confidence in. She is likely leaving the franchises once the deal is done.

She has no clue what Marvel plans on doing on casting except they will be getting a new Wolverine as Hugh is retired and his body can't take the punishment any more.

She hopes New Mutants will go to theaters and not Hulu.

Iger confirmed today to shareholders Deadpool will stay R rated there is an audience and place for that content.

Iger also said FX shows will go to Hulu not Disney+.