Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I think this was a pretty horrible choice. I know he wanted the film, he does seem like a nice guy, I know he has some fan base, but overall the guy isn't this:

and his acting ability is not and probably never will be capable of even making him closely believable to being that. Sorry but no.
    How do you know? Grow his hair out, work on getting cut up and losing bulk, work on the accent...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Preferably sticking out of the black head-thing.
    So funny, me not knowing the word for that head thingie made me leave it out of my post but I wanted to include it. What is that thing called!?! The Gambit head sock?
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If Tatum pulls a good gambit im ok with it. Would he be my choice nom however I cant dis him till I see him do the role. After all the guy from origins wad good. But had a Texas accent. So hey you cant win them all. If he acts good and story is awesome then bring on a gambit movie
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Terrible Choice. I'd rather just not have a Gambit movie.
    I try really hard not to be negative and I have nothing against the actor but that casting news has personally dialled my interest in a Gambit film down to zero. I actually thought the casting of Gambit in XM Origins: Wolverine was one of the few things that film got right.

BANNED

Out of the millions of actors available, I guess it's too much to cast characters correctly and have someone that is:tall, athletlic, fast moving and acrobatic play such a character. As usual, for the millions of moviegoers things must be "adapted" etc blablabla

un choix merdique! vraiment horrible

I'd rather never see Gambit on screen again than see him played by Channing Tatum.

So Channing Tatum is Gambit? While I still have no confidence whatsoever in Fox's ability to make a decent X-men movie, this move alone will ensure plenty of women will be curious about this movie. I also imagine the number of actresses vying to play Rogue will grow considerably as a result of this casting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I think this was a pretty horrible choice. I know he wanted the film, he does seem like a nice guy, I know he has some fan base, but overall the guy isn't this:

and his acting ability is not and probably never will be capable of even making him closely believable to being that. Sorry but no.
    It's not like Hugh Jackman looks the least bit like Wolverine, yet he pulled it off pretty well.
    On ye olde CBR

Channing Tatum has 'a nice personality'.

Incredible Member

Well, it was better to have a gambit then no gambit at all. I really hope it works out well. On that note, I've never seen any of the X-movies beyond the atrocious first one so I'm not sure why I'm commenting actually.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 05-13-2014 at 11:23 AM.

This is precisely why I do not watch any X related movie anymore. The casting is ****. He is a big beautiful man that will bring in a lot of 18-40 year old women among the already existing fans of the X-Men movies brand. Whilst compromising everything about the character. He probably won't even be Cajun in the movie. Tatum is built like Colossus not Gambit. No matter how much weight that guys loses he is not lithe and lean looking. That is just not his body structure. Nothing against Tatum I think he seems to be a funny nice guy. I just don't think he is good for the role.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 05-13-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Finding most of the fears kinda silly, I have to say. I mean, to each their own, but body type? Did McKellen fit Magneto's? Was Marsden remotely as broad-chested with hair flying as Jim Lee's Cyclops? Naked Mystique? Young Rogue? Young Iceman? Tall Wolverine. These all worked out pretty good, yeah?

It's not like we're talking twenty year old white girl playing Jubilee here.

And, ooh boy, can I live without the hammier versions of the accent. Anyone who dials it down to a reasonable and actually region-specific accent is good by me.

He's not the greatest actor who ever lived, but it's an X-Men movie. it won't be the greatest script written, either. Or the finest film of all time. That's just not in the cards here.

He's a good actor, he's interested in the part, production likes him, he's got a solid fanbase, he's not a million miles away from the character, and he's a sexy dude.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm interested to see how he pulls off the accent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    How do you know? Grow his hair out, work on getting cut up and losing bulk, work on the accent...who knows?
    Care to make a wager?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    It's not like Hugh Jackman looks the least bit like Wolverine, yet he pulled it off pretty well.
    Difference is Hugh Jackman can actually act. Again Channing seems like a nice guy but he really is mostly a pretty face and muscle his acting chops is not what he is known for.