Page 83 of 104 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    You mean like a bad omen, I get you, also like you said with the ridiculously large amount of production problems this thing has had in the past few years it's probably best to let it die, who knows we might've gotten a another train wreck like Fant4stic if it actually happened.
    Exactly, better off with no film rather than a train wreck, and if they're constantly changing scripts, then it's not looking good.

Just my opinion, if it's a romantic comedy starring Bella Donna (a D-lister at best) as leading lady, and the Guilds (who I think are a bit "meh"), then that's not a strong enough concept to base a film around. Unless they do something new and modern with the Guilds then who knows?...But like 'Deadpool' and 'Logan', it needs to feel as if it belongs in the X-Universe. From what I've been reading of what the film is about thus far...I'm not feeling it.

Though I do think the major issue is that how can you build a future for Fox Gambit movies when there's a Marvel-takeover on the horizon? Where's the motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Exactly, better off with no film rather than a train wreck, and if they're constantly changing scripts, then it's not looking good.

Just my opinion, if it's a romantic comedy starring Bella Donna (a D-lister at best) as leading lady, and the Guilds (who I think are a bit "meh"), then that's not a strong enough concept to base a film around. Unless they do something new and modern with the Guilds then who knows?...But like 'Deadpool' and 'Logan', it needs to feel as if it belongs in the X-Universe. From what I've been reading of what the film is about thus far...I'm not feeling it.

Though I do think the major issue is that how can you build a future for Fox Gambit movies when there's a Marvel-takeover on the horizon? Where's the motivation?
    Agreed, if your gonna try to make a movie you need a clear and consistent vision of what your trying to make, you can't just randomly start throwing stuff at the wall expecting it to stick because that's how you get movies like Justice League and Suicide Squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    Agreed, if your gonna try to make a movie you need a clear and consistent vision of what your trying to make, you can't just randomly start throwing stuff at the wall expecting it to stick because that's how you get movies like Justice League and Suicide Squad.
    But this is how movies are made, lots of people have an input until one final vision is agreed on by everyone.
    Like I said before, movies don’t just happen overnight, it take 5,6,7 years.

BANNED

The latest, production starts March in New Orleans, Louisiana.
    Forevermore is still the production name.
    Source:
    https://louisianaentertainment.gov/p...ls/forevermore
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The latest, production starts March in New Orleans, Louisiana.
    Forevermore is still the production name.
    Source:
    https://louisianaentertainment.gov/p...ls/forevermore
    Is this something new or old plan?
    Tatum is bold(

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Is this something new or old plan?
    Tatum is bold(
    Production of this film is going to be further pushed down the calendar until the Disney deal is completed. The project only exists now to keep Fox's share prices high I reckon.
    L'Enfer !

With all the problems FOX has been having with New Mutants and Dark Pheonix I no longer want this movie under the current leadership. Gambit's underutlization in movies may put him the character in a better position after the Disney deal. You would think they would want to utilise characters who have perhaps been overlooked by FOX.

It would never happen as its pure fan-fiction, but I would love it if Gambit debuted as a rival/adversary in an Ant-Man heist movie!
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    With all the problems FOX has been having with New Mutants and Dark Pheonix I no longer want this movie under the current leadership. Gambit's underutlization in movies may put him the character in a better position after the Disney deal. You would think they would want to utilise characters who have perhaps been overlooked by FOX.

It would never happen as its pure fan-fiction, but I would love it if Gambit debuted as a rival/adversary in an Ant-Man heist movie!
    I don`t like Ant-Man movies. Wouldn`t like to see Gambit in them.

Production of this film is going to be further pushed down the calendar until the Disney deal is completed. The project only exists now to keep Fox's share prices high I reckon.
    I think Tatum and Co will try to pitch it for Disney after merger.

I think Tatum and Co will try to pitch it for Disney after merger.
    Maybe, I think Disney already their plans drawn up...so it will be a case if Tatum's vision lines up with their plans for the X-Men as a whole. I can't see Tatum playing now though.

It sucks as I really wanted to see what he would do with the character.
    L'Enfer !

Maybe, I think Disney already their plans drawn up...so it will be a case if Tatum's vision lines up with their plans for the X-Men as a whole. I can't see Tatum playing now though.

It sucks as I really wanted to see what he would do with the character.
    Will see. I don't think think that X-Men will be teens in MCU.
    Wolverine won't be a teen. I think other main X characters woyld be around Logan's age too.

Will see. I don't think think that X-Men will be teens in MCU.
    Wolverine won't be a teen. I think other main X characters woyld be around Logan's age too.
    I think they would cast Wolverine slightly older than the rest of the cast and make him a rougher version of the character. I think the rest of the team would be early 20's. I could see Gambit not being in the first movie but being used in the sequel.
    L'Enfer !

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think they would cast Wolverine slightly older than the rest of the cast and make him a rougher version of the character. I think the rest of the team would be early 20's. I could see Gambit not being in the first movie but being used in the sequel.
    This is what I was thinking as well. I'm sure Disney won't want to go too old for the cast because they'll want to pump out as many sequels as they can
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    This is what I was thinking as well. I'm sure Disney won't want to go too old for the cast because they'll want to pump out as many sequels as they can
    Ironically Hugh Jackman the age he is now would be perfect haha.
    L'Enfer !

Tatum will be 39 come April...and he has a shaved head.