Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1550

Thread: Gambit movie

BANNED

We just got to remember, it took 13 years for Deadpool to go into production.
    Last edited by Raiders; 12-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Deadpool wouldn't have seen the light of day with the unreleased earlier footage being put out. It was sheer fan reaction was what got the final push. And on that note we don't get rated R wolverine without Deadpool. What I am basically saying I have zero faith in Fox .

this movie isn't happening. rip
    I'm the moonshield

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reb View Post
    this movie isn't happening. rip
    In ten more years of waffling, Channing Tatum may be able to convincingly play Old Man Gambit.

and this one never will

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and this one never will
    At this moment, it’s officially happening. That’s what I’m going by, until I officially hear otherwise.

Personally, I think Tatum has lost interest in playing Gambit. He seems he more interested in doing small movies, taking small roles with top directors and producing movies and tv series. He also adding to his Magic Mike Franchise with live shows around the world and a MM Boardway musical.
    He also has been traveling, promoting his new vodka brand.
    If this is ever made, Tatum probably won’t play Gambit, but he’ll stay on as one of the producers.
    Last edited by Raiders; 12-09-2018 at 11:09 PM.

At this moment, it’s officially happening. That’s what I’m going by, until I officially hear otherwise.

Personally, I think Tatum has lost interest in playing Gambit. He seems he more interested in doing small movies, taking small roles with top directors and producing movies and tv series. He also adding to his Magic Mike Franchise with live shows around the world and a MM Boardway musical.
    He also has been traveling, promoting his new vodka brand.
    If this is ever made, Tatum probably won’t play Gambit, but he’ll stay on as one of the producers.
    I don`t think that he lost interest. He did what he can. He can`t produce, direct and play all roles alone.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 12-10-2018 at 08:26 AM.

BANNED

What I can’t understand is why is it so damn hard to find a director?
    Is it because it will be a character-driven movie and not a plot-driven movie like most superhero blockbusters
    Last edited by Raiders; 12-11-2018 at 02:43 PM.

You know it's kinda funny, I was still in high school when this movie got announced, I'm in my early 20s now and the damn movie still isn't close to being made, what the hell happened.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MATBAN View Post
    You know it's kinda funny, I was still in high school when this movie got announced, I'm in my early 20s now and the damn movie still isn't close to being made, what the hell happened.
    Someone decided to go into the offices at Fox and on studio lots where it would normally film and yelled "Macbeth!" at the top of their lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Someone decided to go into the offices at Fox and on studio lots where it would normally film and yelled "Macbeth!" at the top of their lungs.
    This is the best joke I've seen today.

I'm slowly becoming convinced this movie is somehow cursed, either that or the script is just a piece of crap, either one, on a more serious note I was actually kinda rooting for Tatum to prove us wrong somehow but oh well.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 12-11-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Deadpool wouldn't have seen the light of day with the unreleased earlier footage being put out. It was sheer fan reaction was what got the final push. And on that note we don't get rated R wolverine without Deadpool. What I am basically saying I have zero faith in Fox .
    As I recall, Logan getting an "R" rating wasn't because of Deadpool's success, but because the movie pitch for the film sold Fox on doing a "R"-rated Wolverine story.

My understanding is that the original iteration of it got derailed when X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the movie it was supposed to spin off of, did badly in theaters (there was a lot of stuff that that was supposed to set up that never happened). Beyond that, it seems to have been a perfect storm of delays and people dropping out. I would also theorize that Disney buying Fox has also put a lot of projects that weren't started in development hell due to the uncertainty of how the franchise will move forward.

I'm slowly becoming convinced this movie is somehow cursed, either that or the script is just a piece of crap, either one, on a more serious note I was actually kinda rooting for Tatum to prove us wrong somehow but oh well.
    I've kinda been feeling the opposite for some reason. Don't really know why that is, but it almost seems like a sign that the movie shouldn't happen given the highly improbable string of events that keep popping up. Not sure if that makes any sense, but there it is.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As I recall, Logan getting an "R" rating wasn't because of Deadpool's success, but because the movie pitch for the film sold Fox on doing a "R"-rated Wolverine story.

My understanding is that the original iteration of it got derailed when X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the movie it was supposed to spin off of, did badly in theaters (there was a lot of stuff that that was supposed to set up that never happened). Beyond that, it seems to have been a perfect storm of delays and people dropping out. I would also theorize that Disney buying Fox has also put a lot of projects that weren't started in development hell due to the uncertainty of how the franchise will move forward.

I've kinda been feeling the opposite for some reason. Don't really know why that is, but it almost seems like a sign that the movie shouldn't happen given the highly improbable string of events that keep popping up. Not sure if that makes any sense, but there it is.
    You mean like a bad omen, I get you, also like you said with the ridiculously large amount of production problems this thing has had in the past few years it's probably best to let it die, who knows we might've gotten a another train wreck like Fant4stic if it actually happened.
    Last edited by MATBAN; 12-11-2018 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

Actually it’s not all that unusual for a Hollywood movie to take 5,6,7 years to go into production, most of them do.
    We just never hear or don’t care about most movies.
    This movie is high profile, so the media reports on it.

It’s also not unusual that a movie will go through multiple directors and scripts before production.
    Last edited by Raiders; 12-11-2018 at 09:40 PM.